Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Egnew Sighting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deadeye

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Egnew Sighting Reply with quote

I couldn't help but notice that our rookie TE Egnew (#84) was in the game when Tannehill and Bush fumbled down at the goal line. Egnew was lined up to the right and ran a slant or crossing pattern. When the ball was recovered by NE, Egnew was about three yards away. I think this represents real progress, and hopefully next season he will actually have a ball thrown to him.
joeyL.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after fasano left the game, he played a lot.

Tanney didn't look his way once, and he was open on atleast 2 plays.

Take that for its worth tho. Tanney could have just been looking further down field.

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
Dolphin Dave

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way the pocket was collapsing around him, I'm not surprised that Tannehill missed him open a few times. There were several other times he missed guys while running for his life. I know that there are going to be a lot of people screaming but this OL is going to me a major priority this offseason. We need 2 OG's & an OT. Weapons are important but if your QB is flat on his back he can't use them. Fortunately, we have the picks & cap to address both.

frankmoore wrote:
The hero doesn't always ride off into the sunset with the girl, sometimes he ends up on the wrong end of the lightsaber.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphin Dave wrote:
The way the pocket was collapsing around him, I'm not surprised that Tannehill missed him open a few times. There were several other times he missed guys while running for his life. I know that there are going to be a lot of people screaming but this OL is going to me a major priority this offseason. We need 2 OG's & an OT. Weapons are important but if your QB is flat on his back he can't use them. Fortunately, we have the picks & cap to address both.

Agreed. People can clamor for WR and TE help all they want but without a O-line it means nothing. I really dont think Miami needs to upgrade their tackle spot. They need to resign Jake Long. Martin should backup the RT & LT. He is not ready to contribute yet. He needs to get on a cycle of steroids ( I am kidding but I am serious).

Miami just needs leaner offensive guards lineman. Remember Wade Smith? He just made the pro bowl for the Texans. Example of how scheme is very important. Incognito, Jerry do not fit this scheme.
They cannot move and are a liability in pass blocking. Jake Long is not as effective blocking but he still holds up well. The hell with any skill positions if you do not address the offensive line first.
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Dolphin Dave wrote:

Agreed. People can clamor for WR and TE help all they want but without a O-line it means nothing. I really dont think Miami needs to upgrade their tackle spot. They need to resign Jake Long. Martin should backup the RT & LT. He is not ready to contribute yet. He needs to get on a cycle of steroids ( I am kidding but I am serious).

Miami just needs leaner offensive guards lineman. Remember Wade Smith? He just made the pro bowl for the Texans. Example of how scheme is very important. Incognito, Jerry do not fit this scheme.
They cannot move and are a liability in pass blocking. Jake Long is not as effective blocking but he still holds up well. The hell with any skill positions if you do not address the offensive line first.

on board with beefing it up and just winning the trenches next year
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
Deadeye

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Dolphin Dave wrote:

I'm fine with acknowledging and addressing the o-line. But the one thing I would add is that we still need a pass rush. We didn't even come close to touching Brady today. Wake needs help, our first round pick should be a pass rushing DE/OLB if we can do it without reaching.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a pass rusher in the worst way i will be so pissed if they ignore it.
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
We need a pass rusher in the worst way i will be so pissed if they ignore it.

it was so evident last night, right? No rush, no push. Lines need work and then look at skill position.

Seemed Brady and the patriots tore off big play after big play, scary embarassing
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info on Egnew:

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Quote:
The Miami Herald considers it unlikely that Dolphins TE Michael Egnew will be on the roster come Week 1 of the 2013 season.
Egnew is getting blasted anonymously by his peers. "He should have been cut this year," one player told the Herald. "He's not a football player," said another. Egnew was famously ripped to shreds by OC Mike Sherman during Hard Knocks and was then inactive for the first 14 games of the season. He'll have to show well during the offseason program and camp to stick for a second season.

DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't doubt if we end up taking somebody like Ertz or Fauria with one of our 2nd round picks. Either one of them could turn into a #1 TE and a great redzone target with their height.

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good gawd, Egnew boils my blood. If Egnew is a total bust it means that Ireland traded away a probowl wide out for a 3rd round pick. Its so frickin' annoying that he is till employed. Its inexcusable. The Marshall trade alone should get Ireland's butt canned.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Good gawd, Egnew boils my blood. If Egnew is a total bust it means that Ireland traded away a probowl wide out for a 3rd round pick. Its so frickin' annoying that he is till employed. Its inexcusable. The Marshall trade alone should get Ireland's butt canned.
And to think we considered Chris Givens with that pick, and somehow chose Egnew over him. Mad
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
And to think we considered Chris Givens with that pick, and somehow chose Egnew over him. Mad

OR how about TY HILTON! or Mohammad Sanu! So, so annoying. We had a huge need at WR and either was available and by many prognosticators they were the best at WR left. As it turns out, either would have been an upgrade to our unit. Many, many of our posters here and fans wanted both of those guys, and I don't recall anyone here wanting Egnew. The brainchild that is Ireland made the very wrong call.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

OR how about TY HILTON! or Mohammad Sanu! So, so annoying. We had a huge need at WR and either was available and by many prognosticators they were the best at WR left. As it turns out, either would have been an upgrade to our unit. Many, many of our posters here and fans wanted both of those guys, and I don't recall anyone here wanting Egnew. The brainchild that is Ireland made the very wrong call.

Normally I would have a rebuttal in defense of Ireland, but I can't for this...while I understand moving Marshal (to a point) his use of this pick is just bad. I almost feel like he tries to hard to find that gem. If he indeed has a poor off-season I will eat crow and admit I was wrong about Ireland....he needs a good off season more then anyone else and with the Owner's support and plenty of picks and money to make something happen he can't eff it up.

Article on Egnew....

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/01/growing-consensus-egnew-wont-make-it.html

This quote is from one of the players on the team...

"He's a p---y," the second player said. "He's not a football player."

I guess the biggest concern is confirmed. I personally doubt he makes it through the off-season.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Egnew will be given every opportunity to succeed. He WAS good prospect with obvious holes in his game. Correctable flaws, but flaws nonetheless. He is smooth enough a route runner to succeed. He has good enough athleticism and hands to be a redzone threat, but he is SO weak. If he can be a league average blocker he will make the team next season. I hope he does but I wouldn't bet on him. I would bet on Miller, Vernon, Martin and Tannehill to make strides in their game because they have and they want it. Egnew has not shown that, but he also hasn't quite had the chance. Earn your keep, kid.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: