Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Ken Whisenhunt Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiz will be interviewing for the Buffalo Bills head coaching job tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

Groan. Crying or Very sad

I know it may sound like I don't respect Whis - this is far from the truth. I just don't agree with the basic offensive strategy he has employed since getting out from under Cowher's wings. He does create some very unique & effective pass plays, but I will never be a fan of his extremely lopsided pass/run ratio. The Cards' D is so good that they kept the team in many games despite Whis' high percentage of pass plays. The Bills' D on the other hand is no where near as good and will get exposed even more than they did under Chan. I really dislike the idea of the Bills hiring him.

--------------

In other purely speculative "news"...Chip Kelly is apparently going to be down there at the same time. I definitely haven't heard anything, but I wonder if both teams are planning on talking to him as well?

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say this, Whis has had a learning experience here, and going to Buffalo could get the best out of him with an offensive line and an explosive back. He might actually use Spiller.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

In other purely speculative "news"...Chip Kelly is apparently going to be down there at the same time. I definitely haven't heard anything, but I wonder if both teams are planning on talking to him as well?

Bolded: Ya, Oregon plays in the Fiesta Bowl at the U of P on Thursday.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
I will say this, Whis has had a learning experience here, and going to Buffalo could get the best out of him with an offensive line and an explosive back. He might actually use Spiller.

Here's the thing...climate-wise, your stadium is very forgiving (other than the early season heat), while the Ralph can be cold and has weird, strong, swirling winds. As "boring" as the ground & pound style of offense has become and is viewed as "out-dated" in today's NFL, it makes the most sense in Buffalo. Not only our home games, but the vast majority of the away games are played outside as well and only Miami is in a warm weather area in our division. Pass happy offenses like Gailey's, Whis', and Arians' are at a natural disadvantage when implemented in Buffalo. In a sense, it's an extreme situation that even if Whis had learned from his AZ experience, I'm not confident he can make that big of a leap back to what he was forced to do under Cowher. Put Whis in a dome though with a very good defense and I imagine he would be mostly successful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line is Whiz has more to work with on offense in Buffalo than he had here.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
Bottom line is Whiz has more to work with on offense in Buffalo than he had here.

They have a big time rushing game as well with Spiller, Jackson, Glenn, Eric Wood, and Andy Levitre (if he's resigned). It would be hilarious to see him throw 40 times a game anyway so we can tell somebody I told you so. He would possibly be stuck in the same trap he got himself into here by thinking Fitzpatrick, like Kolb, can lead the offense but then he doesn't pan out. He would have to seriously consider whether to stay with Fitzpatrick or move on.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
x0x wrote:

They have a big time rushing game as well with Spiller, Jackson, Glenn, Eric Wood, and Andy Levitre (if he's resigned). It would be hilarious to see him throw 40 times a game anyway so we can tell somebody I told you so. He would possibly be stuck in the same trap he got himself into here by thinking Fitzpatrick, like Kolb, can lead the offense but then he doesn't pan out. He would have to seriously consider whether to stay with Fitzpatrick or move on.

Bolded: Not sure he'll have much of a say in that. Fitz is due an obscene amount of money in 2013 if they bring him back. Business side will have to prevail.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
x0x wrote:

Bolded: Not sure he'll have much of a say in that. Fitz is due an obscene amount of money in 2013 if they bring him back. Business side will have to prevail.

That's kind of what I meant. It's a Kolb like scenario.
McGahee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is Whiz as a coach? Looks like he may be headed to Buffalo? What can we expect from him, does he have a specialty that you know you team is going to excel at with him as the HC?

Also, same questions for Ray Horton, he's looking like he might be a candidate as well
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
How is Whiz as a coach? Looks like he may be headed to Buffalo? What can we expect from him, does he have a specialty that you know you team is going to excel at with him as the HC?

Also, same questions for Ray Horton, he's looking like he might be a candidate as well

For Whiz, he runs a very pass oriented system that uses the pass to set up the run, which doesn't seem to be all that different than what Chan Gailey did there. He's a great leader though and his players love him. Very well respected throughout the league, he's a true professional and won't ever do anything to embarass you guys on national television (*cough& Dennis Green *cough*). He's the type of man I want leading my team but the philosophies and scheme need work.

As for Horton, well, you'd never have to worry about a vanilla defense. He'll attack you all day, all night and from every angle. His defensive players love him and oddly, they go out of their way to praise him in the media (Couple different links if you want to read them). He blew the Rams brass away in an interview last year and damn near got that job, had they not been so focused on Fisher he would have had it. He's the real deal, he's gonna be a good one for a long time IMO. I was skeptical of him when we hired him as DC but the man has really surprised the hell out of me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
McGahee wrote:

For Whiz, he runs a very pass oriented system that uses the pass to set up the run, which doesn't seem to be all that different than what Chan Gailey did there. He's a great leader though and his players love him. Very well respected throughout the league, he's a true professional and won't ever do anything to embarass you guys on national television (*cough& Dennis Green *cough*). He's the type of man I want leading my team but the philosophies and scheme need work.

As for Horton, well, you'd never have to worry about a vanilla defense. He'll attack you all day, all night and from every angle. His defensive players love him and oddly, they go out of their way to praise him in the media (Couple different links if you want to read them). He blew the Rams brass away in an interview last year and damn near got that job, had they not been so focused on Fisher he would have had it. He's the real deal, he's gonna be a good one for a long time IMO. I was skeptical of him when we hired him as DC but the man has really surprised the hell out of me.

I really, really want the Chiefs to zero in on Horton. You can have Andy Reid!

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Trapasso ‏@ChrisTrapasso

Can confirm: Buffalo #Bills head coaching job is Ken Whisenhunt's if he wants it.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He went as far as he could to get away from us lol. Gailey/Whiz seems kinda neutral like you guys said with Whiz/Reid (to a lesser extent). We pick back-to-back, maybe some poker will be played.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Chris Trapasso ‏@ChrisTrapasso

Can confirm: Buffalo #Bills head coaching job is Ken Whisenhunt's if he wants it.

how reliable is that source?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: