Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bucs Picking 13th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. People keep saying the draft has a few QB's with starting potential. The Mike Glennon and Landry Jones of the world. We already have a QB with starting potential and productivity. If it ain't a franchise guy, then what's the point? Just wanna see a different name on the jersey?

I get a late round guy to groom as backup. But past that? I don't want any of these QBs.

Props to Eggy
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keke Mingo is beasting right now.
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
Yeah. People keep saying the draft has a few QB's with starting potential. The Mike Glennon and Landry Jones of the world. We already have a QB with starting potential and productivity. If it ain't a franchise guy, then what's the point? Just wanna see a different name on the jersey?

I get a late round guy to groom as backup. But past that? I don't want any of these QBs.

Exactly this, unless there is a prospect like Luck or RGIII in the draft i don't see the need. I get going after someone in the 4th or later to provide competition and hopefully surprise us. To me this next year we either do well with Freeman or Freeman fails and we are in a position to address that need next year which seems to be a better draft talent wise.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you guys like the Bucs to take a chance on a guy like Aaron Murray who people are saying could be a 2nd or 3rd round pick if he declares for the NFL draft? Just curious.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfw096 wrote:
Would you guys like the Bucs to take a chance on a guy like Aaron Murray who people are saying could be a 2nd or 3rd round pick if he declares for the NFL draft? Just curious.

Not really. He doesn't really impress me. I know I've been saying anybody but Freeman, but no need to reach in this draft class. Besides, if he's smart, he'll stay another year.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think the bucs look hard at Alex Smith. Winner who is accurate and was the 2nd rated qb in the nfl behind Peyton manning before his concussion.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I honestly think the bucs look hard at Alex Smith. Winner who is accurate and was the 2nd rated qb in the nfl behind Peyton manning before his concussion.

I don't know if I'd give him the title winner. He had a few rough years in San Francisco. Granted, I don't remember the names of any of his wide receivers and he has won a playoff game.

I said it before and I'll say it again. All we need is a QB who doesn't turn the ball over and play at least decent at QB. If we had that, we would've beat Dallas, probably Washington, maybe the Saints (who knows, without 5 turnovers we might have won), and the Rams.

If Smith could be had for cheap, like a 4th-round pick (which we have 2 of), then I say why not. Freeman can still go into camp as the starter and if he has a wonderful year, Smith can at least be a capable backup.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I don't know if I'd give him the title winner. He had a few rough years in San Francisco. Granted, I don't remember the names of any of his wide receivers and he has won a playoff game.

I said it before and I'll say it again. All we need is a QB who doesn't turn the ball over and play at least decent at QB. If we had that, we would've beat Dallas, probably Washington, maybe the Saints (who knows, without 5 turnovers we might have won), and the Rams.

If Smith could be had for cheap, like a 4th-round pick (which we have 2 of), then I say why not. Freeman can still go into camp as the starter and if he has a wonderful year, Smith can at least be a capable backup.

Thing is, I don't think Smith would come here unless he had a great shot to take the job from Freeman. If Schiano does bring in Smith, then there will be a serious competition.

And I agree. We need a QB that can keep our offense moving. It seems like some fans got caught up in the long ball. Smith can eat up clock and tear it up in the intermediate routes and keep the chains moving. I think that's the type of offense Schiano wants. Long TD drives that keeps the defense rested.

Freeman either will move the ball deep or 3 and outs/TOs. He didn't really do a good job moving the chains. That is what we need from our QB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: