Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills picking 8th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BigBillsFan13


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 16501
Location: So Cal
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
I've been preaching this all over ... Deadspin is not a credible source. Until a real news site picks this up its all a hoax.

I'm probably the biggest Manti Te'o fan on FF. I've followed him since I first heard he de-committed from USC and signed with ND. My Grandfather (who went to school at ND, and passed away a little over 3 years ago) and I used to talk about how good Manti was going to be. I've sung his praises for years. I've invested a lot (emotionally) into him. I know that might sound stupid, but it was one of the things my Grandfather and I spent a lot of time talking about. Those times really mean a lot to me, and Manti Te'o, in turn, has also always meant a lot to me.

All that being said, I really hope this is just deadspin being deadspin. Trying to create a story, and bring attention to themselves.

If ND's statement is true, someone at Stanford met him, led him to believe that her name was Lennay Kekua, became close to him, kept in touch with him over the phone and social media (maybe even spending time together), led him to believe that she had gotten Leukemia, and ultimately died. All the while telling him that if something were to happen to him, that he should not miss any football, and honor her in the way he played. Not all that far fetched I suppose, seeing that he was in Indiana and she was in California. The fact that his family had never met her wouldn't be all that hard to believe either, as they were all in Hawaii.

If deadspin is correct, this was all a big hoax for Te'o to apparently get more national attention. There is a lot in the report that supports their claim too. They definitely did their research, and dug pretty deep. Did they want to defile Manti's name? Maybe. I don't know. There are a lot of people that hate ND, and everything involved with ND, so that's a possibility. Did they want to get the truth (if it is in fact the truth) out there? Possibly. It would make sense for a "news" source such as deadspin to want to get this out there, to raise their standing among news sources.

I will say this -

If this is a hoax, and Manti Te'o was involved, I want nothing to do with him on the Bills. Will he still be a great LB? For sure. But if he did involve himself in something like this, it will completely undermine the image I, and many others, have had of him for quite some time, and I will lose all respect for him as a human being. Pulling something like that to raise your national awareness (which he didn't need to do) is absolutely atrocious.

If this was a hoax played on Manti Te'o by some girl here in California, to apparently hurt him for some reason, I hope she does get Leukemia, dies from it, and rots in Hell.

Ok, after everything that's come out over the last day or so, and after hearing what Jeremy Schaap said about his over 2 1/2 hour interview with Te'o (Schaap used different words, but basically said he believed Te'o completely), I'm convinced that Te'o had no part in organizing, planning, or carrying out this hoax.

I'm back to wanting him at #8, and I feel much better about the whole situation. I had my doubts for a while, but with everything that has surfaced recently, I believe him. I feel terribly for him, and I hope he's ok after all that's gone on, but from what Schaap said, he seemed to be in a good state of mind.


Also, side note, the Tuiasosopo kid that is said to be behind this whole thing lives in my city. So far we have him, Octomom, and Michael Jackson's baby mama. Rolling Eyes
_________________
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
bucsfan333 wrote:
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thelonebillsfan


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 11249
Location: In the ether
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope this entire story serves as a wake-up call to sports media that this TMZ style of rash, ratings first reporting has to stop.
_________________
Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trentwannabe


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 3875
Location: Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy I am starting to like is...




DE/OLB Dion Jordan Oregon

He can be the final piece to a very dangerous front 4, as well when we go to a 3-4 look he can move to OLB. Reminds me of Aldon Smith who went 7th a few years ago. He also makes Kelsey and Merriman expendable for depth.

4-3
DE: Jordan, Anderson
DT: Williams, Carrington
DT: Dareus, Troup
DE: Williams, Moore

3-4
OLB: Jordan, Moats
ILB: Bradham, Morrison
ILB: Sheppard, draft pick
OLB: Moore, Scott, White
_________________


I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigBillsFan13


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 16501
Location: So Cal
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Gotta say, I wouldn't hate the pick. If Te'o, Jarvis Jones, Milliner, Damontre Moore, and Bjoern Werner are all gone, he'd be a good pickup.
_________________
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
bucsfan333 wrote:
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsnydes


Joined: 19 Mar 2007
Posts: 1644
Location: Bethlehem PA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't tell me for one second that Te'o didn't know. Bunch of BS.
_________________


TommyC376^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BigBillsFan13


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 16501
Location: So Cal
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
You can't tell me for one second that Te'o didn't know. Bunch of BS.

I'm convinced he didn't.
_________________
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
bucsfan333 wrote:
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DKTurtle51


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 4972
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
I really hope this entire story serves as a wake-up call to sports media that this TMZ style of rash, ratings first reporting has to stop.
Are you refering to the deadspin article or reactions to it?
_________________

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 18321
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
You can't tell me for one second that Te'o didn't know. Bunch of BS.

I'm convinced he didn't.


I agree.

What benefits would he have from knowing this? He is just a victim imo.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigBillsFan13


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 16501
Location: So Cal
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
You can't tell me for one second that Te'o didn't know. Bunch of BS.

I'm convinced he didn't.


I agree.

What benefits would he have from knowing this? He is just a victim imo.

Did you hear Jeremy Schaap talk about the interview he had with Te'o? Schaap is a no nonsense guy, like his father was, and he said (in more words) that he believed that Te'o was completely telling him the truth, and that he had no knowledge of it before.

I was very skeptical in the beginning, and the deadspin story made a lot of valid points, but the more info that comes out, and with what Schaap said, I'm convinced Manti is telling the truth.

He already had a ton of media attention. He already had the nation's sympathy when his Grandmother died, he didn't need to risk his whole world being turned upside own by something like this getting out. There was no reason for him to make up a girlfriend.
_________________
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
bucsfan333 wrote:
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OffseasonChamps


Joined: 28 Jul 2011
Posts: 224
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To anybody who isn't cynical of Te'o's story:

You're convinced that he was profoundly in love with this person he never met. So why didn't he go see this woman he was so in love with after she had a car accident, after she was diagnosed with cancer, and why didn't go to her funeral when she died? Why hasn't he printed out detailed billing sheets from his phone provider proving that he spent hours on the phone with her? Doing that would clear him in most people's minds of having any involvement.

I know you cannot answer those questions for him but what do you make of all that? You would think that if you were in love with someone you might, you know, care enough about them to the point where you'd go see them as they were dying. It's suspicious. Even more suspect is that he has admitted to embellishing the relationship to make it sound as though he had met this person.

If Manti's in on it, he's a weird dude and not in a Martellus Bennett good weird way. If he was the victim of a hoax, I can't imagine how badly he'll bite on play action, double moves, head fakes or misdirection plays.

I still stand by my opinion that he's not a good enough player to take at 8th overall. I hope Jarvis is there, Jordan is interesting and I'm warming up to Wilson.


Last edited by OffseasonChamps on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 18321
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OffseasonChamps wrote:
To anybody who isn't cynical of Te'o's story:

You're convinced that he was profoundly in love with this person he never met. So why didn't he go see this woman he was so in love with after she had a car accident, after she was diagnosed with cancer, and why didn't go to her funeral when she died? Why hasn't he printed out detailed billing sheets from his phone provider proving that he spent hours on the phone with her? Doing that would clear him in most people's minds of having any involvement.

I know you cannot answer those questions for him but what do you make of all that? You would think that if you were in love with someone you might, you know, care enough about them to the point where you'd go see them as they were dying. It's suspicious.

If Manti's in on it, he's a weird dude and not in a Martellus Bennett good weird way. If he was the victim of a hoax, I can't imagine how badly he'll bite on play action, double moves, head fakes or misdirection plays.

I still stand by my opinion that he's not a good enough player to take at 8th overall. I hope Jarvis is there, Jordan is interesting and I'm warming up to Wilson.


He answered alot of those questions in his interview.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OffseasonChamps


Joined: 28 Jul 2011
Posts: 224
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
OffseasonChamps wrote:
To anybody who isn't cynical of Te'o's story:

You're convinced that he was profoundly in love with this person he never met. So why didn't he go see this woman he was so in love with after she had a car accident, after she was diagnosed with cancer, and why didn't go to her funeral when she died? Why hasn't he printed out detailed billing sheets from his phone provider proving that he spent hours on the phone with her? Doing that would clear him in most people's minds of having any involvement.

I know you cannot answer those questions for him but what do you make of all that? You would think that if you were in love with someone you might, you know, care enough about them to the point where you'd go see them as they were dying. It's suspicious.

If Manti's in on it, he's a weird dude and not in a Martellus Bennett good weird way. If he was the victim of a hoax, I can't imagine how badly he'll bite on play action, double moves, head fakes or misdirection plays.

I still stand by my opinion that he's not a good enough player to take at 8th overall. I hope Jarvis is there, Jordan is interesting and I'm warming up to Wilson.


He answered alot of those questions in his interview.


So you're okay with, "I was busy with school," "I was going home," "I had a game," "She was 20 minutes away and neither of us had a car (AND I COULDN'T WALK THERE)," and "When the facts come out," as rock solid proof he's in the clear?

I prefer a little more I guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 18321
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OffseasonChamps wrote:

So you're okay with, "I was busy with school," "I was going home," "I had a game," "She was 20 minutes away and neither of us had a car (AND I COULDN'T WALK THERE)," and "When the facts come out," as rock solid proof he's in the clear?

I prefer a little more I guess.


No but I can buy the story that he was arranged to meet her and she stood him up and that she didn't want Te'o at her funneral and would rather him play the game against Michigan St. It makes sense that the hoaxers wouldn't want to meet Te'o in person.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9439
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Te'o crap has gone to far.. He will slip down draft boards because he got torched in BCS championship game, and whether he knew about hoax or not he should have known better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Buffalo_Kid


Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 4704
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH there is no one prospect that i really want that will actually be around when we pick. But i like that. Now i can't get angry if we don't pick the guy i want.
_________________

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group