Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills picking 8th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
I think now that Pettine is coach for DC the smart move would be to draft Jarvis JOnes because he is an explosive OLB and he can play both 4-3 OLB and 3-4 OLB
I agree. If we can get Jarvis Jones in the 1st, either Nassib (reach but well you know) or a top WR ie Patterson from Tenn in the 2nd. Then a CB in the 3rd I'd be very happy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
I think now that Pettine is coach for DC the smart move would be to draft Jarvis JOnes because he is an explosive OLB and he can play both 4-3 OLB and 3-4 OLB
Jones will be gone by #8. JAX, DET, and CLE are all looking for pass rushers, and I could see OAK and ARI taking him also. The only teams I'm sure would pass on him are KC (QB) and PHI (OT).
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:
Jones will be gone by #8. JAX, DET, and CLE are all looking for pass rushers, and I could see OAK and ARI taking him also. The only teams I'm sure would pass on him are KC (QB) and PHI (OT).
If thats the case then, what if Buffalo went with Mingo or Montgomery from LSU at #8?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:
If thats the case then, what if Buffalo went with Mingo or Montgomery from LSU at #8?

If we're going with one of them I'd like to trade back a bit. I'd be fine with either of those guys in the 1st, but not at 8. If Te'o is gone, and we can't trade down, I'd rather take Milliner and grab a guy like Brandon Jenkins later if we're looking for a pass rusher.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith looks like the only 1st rd talent at quarterback IMO. I think Tyler Bray and Nassib are the next 2. In that order Geno, Bray, Nassib.

TommyC376^^^
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
Geno Smith looks like the only 1st rd talent at quarterback IMO. I think Tyler Bray and Nassib are the next 2. In that order Geno, Bray, Nassib.
No Tyler Wilson? Or even Matt Barkley?

Wilson has all the tools to be a great QB.

Also, Barkley had a "down" year, but he still played pretty well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tajh Boyd is the only QB worth taking a chance on in the first round this year, other than Matt Barkley.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swolfdab wrote:
Tajh Boyd is the only QB worth taking a chance on in the first round this year, other than Matt Barkley.

He's returning to Clemson.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
No Tyler Wilson? Or even Matt Barkley?

Wilson has all the tools to be a great QB.

Also, Barkley had a "down" year, but he still played pretty well.

Yeah I wouldn't be mad about taking Wilson or Barkley in the 1st. I'd want them in the later 1st, but I'd still be ok with taking them.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched a lot of Barkley and I just don't see him driving the ball downfield with any velocity. They had a lot of gimmick play design like chan had with Fitz. Lots of screens and underneath routes.

TommyC376^^^
joutman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: 8th pick Reply with quote

I am beginning to think the cb position should be our first round pick. With our front seven blitzing more we will need another shutdown corner. I said that we would pick Gilmore way a head of most. I think if Millner is on the board at 8 we will probably take him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: 8th pick Reply with quote

joutman wrote:
I am beginning to think the cb position should be our first round pick. With our front seven blitzing more we will need another shutdown corner. I said that we would pick Gilmore way a head of most. I think if Millner is on the board at 8 we will probably take him.

I have this glimmer of hope for Leodis McKelvin. He is a poor man's Cromartie. Athletically gifted player that lacks the mental and fundamental part of the game. Pettine, Rex, and more experience have made Cromartie a beast. He's coming off the best year of his career by a wide margin. Another guy that falls in the same category as these 2, DRC. Also a free agent.

TommyC376^^^
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might not be popular with Bills fans, but Manti Te'o makes a lot of sense. If the Franchise QB is available, you select him regardless of your Board. Is that guy Nassib? Would be awfully similar to Dolphins selecting Tannehill after hiring Sherman as OC last offseason.

Jarvis Jones I believe will fall. The spinal stenosis is a real issue.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 8th pick Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
joutman wrote:

I have this glimmer of hope for Leodis McKelvin. He is a poor man's Cromartie. Athletically gifted player that lacks the mental and fundamental part of the game. Pettine, Rex, and more experience have made Cromartie a beast. He's coming off the best year of his career by a wide margin. Another guy that falls in the same category as these 2, DRC. Also a free agent.

I agree with this but I would rather take a guy like Millner who is much more physical that McKelvin. I wouldnt hate to bring back Leodis but I just dont see it happening.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
swolfdab

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go ahead and throw a name out there... Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State.

If you've never seen any of his film, I suggest you start doing your homework. This kid is going to be something special. In my eyes, he is the most talented DB in this class and maybe in any class in the past 10 years, he's that good.

He is very similar to Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie when he came out in 2008, but better, believe it or not. I am all in on Banks and would be completely ecstatic if we grabbed him at the 8 spot. Everybody seems to be on the Dee Milliner bandwagon, but don't forget about Johnthan Banks.

Last edited by swolfdab on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: