Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills picking 8th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrettFavre4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys seriously wanting to avoid Te'o after one not-so-great-game? I mean, this guy's been compared to Patrick Willis and he's exactly the type of player and position we need. It is not uncommon for a LB to be taken high at all. See Luke Kuechly (ninth overall) last year and both Von Miller (second overall) and Aldon Smith (seventh overall) the year before. Those are three of the best LBs in the League currently.

Now that we have Marrone, odds are good we'll try taking Nassib in the second or third so we might not take Wilson even if he is available at #8, leaving me to believe we'll land either Te'o or Milliner with our first.

Te'o is the guy I want but I'd be happy with Milliner to go with Gilmore for the next however many years in a pass-heavy division, seeing the Patriots twice a year, not to mention a pass-heavy league in general. Assuming Te'o is who the Bills want, I think he will more likely be there than not. Let's look at the teams ahead of us:

Kansas City - They have Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali and won't pick a LB first overall even if they didn't have those guys.
Jacksonville - It kind of depends on what happens to Daryl Smith, whether he's re-signed or walks but don't forget they dished out Poz a lot of money as their starting MLB so is Te'o really a guy they'd go for? Jones is an OLB so he'd make more sense and they also might not go wrong with Werner or Lotulelei to address a pitiful pass rush and run defense. I don't see Te'o in Jacksonville.
Oakland - Face it, Raiders are in need of literally EVERY position on defense, so odds are good they'll be fine taking the best player on the board. Could be Werner, could be Lotulelei, could be Jones, maybe Te'o but over one of the former three, I doubt it unless they surprise everyone and really like him.
Philadelphia - They already have Ryans in the middle and just drafted Kendricks last year. OT is one of their biggest needs and Joeckel is extremely likely to be available at their pick. No reason to pick Te'o here.
Detroit - Alright, they have an aging Tulloch and could use a LB but is it really their biggest need especially considering how badly in need of help they are at CB and it just so happens Milliner will probably be there? It depends how they feel and if they like Te'o a lot, so they could get him I guess.
Cleveland - They have one of the better MLBs in the League in Jackson and the pass rush is a far bigger area to address than LB for them. I think they pass on Te'o for sure.
Arizona - COULD be a suitor for him, but Andy Reid didn't end up in Arizona afterall, so whoever the next Cardinals coach is just might feel like a QB here is the best way to go and not even bothering with Kolb. If it's either Te'o or Wilson, I'd peg the Cards taking Wilson.

Oakland could pull a surprise and Detroit could nab him, but really, should Te'o go top five? Probably not. Will he? Who knows? Not until the draft. But from what I see right now, I think it's a very good possibility Te'o's there for us. If he is, who knows if we take him? Again, not until the draft. But the thing is, so much can change between now and then, including team needs, because free agency and trade hasn't even begun. We'll just have to see. It's still early.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre4 wrote:
Are you guys seriously wanting to avoid Te'o after one not-so-great-game? I mean, this guy's been compared to Patrick Willis and he's exactly the type of player and position we need.

Kind of baffling to me as well. I don't think one sub par game (in which he did still have 10 tackles) should deter anyone from wanting one of the top LB prospects in a long time.

BrettFavre4 wrote:
It is not uncommon for a LB to be taken high at all. See Luke Kuechly (ninth overall) last year and both Von Miller (second overall) and Aldon Smith (seventh overall) the year before. Those are three of the best LBs in the League currently.

I agree, but the difference, at least in the cases of Miller and Smith, is that they are pass rushing LB's, which tend to get taken much higher than non pass rushing LB's.

BrettFavre4 wrote:
Now that we have Marrone, odds are good we'll try taking Nassib in the second or third so we might not take Wilson even if he is available at #8, leaving me to believe we'll land either Te'o or Milliner with our first.

Te'o is the guy I want but I'd be happy with Milliner to go with Gilmore for the next however many years in a pass-heavy division, seeing the Patriots twice a year, not to mention a pass-heavy league in general.

Same. I really want Te'o, but I'd be perfectly fine with Milliner if Te'o is gone. Milliner and Gilmore together is a nice thought.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
jsnydes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://youtu.be/U6BtOQrRQko

Starting the campaign ha. Round 2.

TommyC376^^^
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
BrettFavre4 wrote:
Are you guys seriously wanting to avoid Te'o after one not-so-great-game? I mean, this guy's been compared to Patrick Willis and he's exactly the type of player and position we need.

Kind of baffling to me as well. I don't think one sub par game (in which he did still have 10 tackles) should deter anyone from wanting one of the top LB prospects in a long time.

BrettFavre4 wrote:
It is not uncommon for a LB to be taken high at all. See Luke Kuechly (ninth overall) last year and both Von Miller (second overall) and Aldon Smith (seventh overall) the year before. Those are three of the best LBs in the League currently.

I agree, but the difference, at least in the cases of Miller and Smith, is that they are pass rushing LB's, which tend to get taken much higher than non pass rushing LB's.

BrettFavre4 wrote:

Te'o is the guy I want but I'd be happy with Milliner to go with Gilmore for the next however many years in a pass-heavy division, seeing the Patriots twice a year, not to mention a pass-heavy league in general.

Same. I really want Te'o, but I'd be perfectly fine with Milliner if Te'o is gone. Milliner and Gilmore together is a nice thought.

I dont know where all the haters are coming from I think one guy said something about it. I still have him and Jones as my top 2 guys and would be thrilled to have him. Ya he had a bad game last night but who didnt on ND. Alabama just straight out knocked them out in rd 1 and ND could not recover.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:

Hey man I am all for adding to the defense but where do you think we get a QB do you think we will be able to find a guy in rd 3? If we go Te'o and Jefferson what is the game plan at QB.

CB Drayton Florence
jsnydes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
jsnydes wrote:

Hey man I am all for adding to the defense but where do you think we get a QB do you think we will be able to find a guy in rd 3? If we go Te'o and Jefferson what is the game plan at QB.

That's great question. I just don't see that guy that I need to have and this team has swung and missed so many times. Makes me insanely scared to take a chance on a QB. I say Alex Smith but that's just me being conservative.

TommyC376^^^
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:
jsnydes wrote:

That's great question. I just don't see that guy that I need to have and this team has swung and missed so many times. Makes me insanely scared to take a chance on a QB. I say Alex Smith but that's just me being conservative.

I agree man I am scared to death of this QB class but the way Buddy sounds I would imagine a QB being taken in one of the first two rds. I would be ok with waiting til the third but I just dont know what will be left at this point.

CB Drayton Florence
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to wach more of Te'o im not saying to pass on him just yet but Im not saying he is the answer that I thought he could be. I still like Jarvis Jones alot and I am not worried about his neck condition. The guy is suppose to be the next von miller and he would be the extra player to go after. I also think if the bills dont take LB and DE Werner is there i think you have to go with him. He can be solid to rotate in if kelsey is gone and then take over the following year and let anderson walk if he doesnt produce like the bills expect him to do. Safety definitely needs an upgrade and hopefully byrd will be there to stay, I dont know much about Jefferson but I am going to look out for him at the combine.

As for Qb fitzpatrick needs to go and they can get rid of the contract and any worries of the future. Not sure who will be the qb but working on the defense more through the draft and if the right qb falls to the bills you pick him up but I do not see any worth taking in the 1st rd. Maybe this Nassib guy in the 3rd round or Manuel in the 3rd rd would be good.

Thanks Max
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre4 wrote:
(snipped)

I'm one of the people who believe Nassib will not be available in the 3rd round. Also, if we don't take Tyler Wilson in the 1st, since we now have Marrone, I think odds are very, very good that teams will try to jump us at #38 to take Nassib. I don't want to, but if we really want Nassib, we may have to trade up a few picks to land him in the late 1st or very early 2nd. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt I am.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
BrettFavre4 wrote:
(snipped)

I'm one of the people who believe Nassib will not be available in the 3rd round. Also, if we don't take Tyler Wilson in the 1st, since we now have Marrone, I think odds are very, very good that teams will try to jump us at #38 to take Nassib. I don't want to, but if we really want Nassib, we may have to trade up a few picks to land him in the late 1st or very early 2nd. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt I am.

I see us drafting defense than trading back up for Nassib. For obvious reasons I see Nassib targeted
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
BrettFavre4 wrote:
(snipped)

I see us drafting defense than trading back up for Nassib. For obvious reasons I see Nassib targeted

This is probably the most logical thing to do. I think our greatest need is to improve the LB corps, like with Te'o, but I think Milliner is the safer pick at #8...if he were to fall to us. Te'o does come with some doubts about his game, but Milliner is a sure star IMO.

BTW, re-reading my post, it looks like I don't want Nassib, which is not true. I'd be happy to get him. I just don't like the idea of trading away picks when we only have 6 anyway this year.

(EDIT) - And #39, not #38! I blame the forum title! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: What about trading back? Reply with quote

Now with Morrone, and his connection to the Saints, they may look to trade back, still get the guy they're targeting and pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Saints need serious help for that defense. There are still options at LB past Jones and Te'o better than what we have currently at least.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: What about trading back? Reply with quote

StayinBuffalo wrote:
Now with Morrone, and his connection to the Saints, they may look to trade back, still get the guy they're targeting and pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Saints need serious help for that defense. There are still options at LB past Jones and Te'o better than what we have currently at least.

This makes sense too, there's too much WR 2nd round talent so a extra pick works
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think now that Pettine is coach for DC the smart move would be to draft Jarvis JOnes because he is an explosive OLB and he can play both 4-3 OLB and 3-4 OLB

Thanks Max
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What about trading back? Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
StayinBuffalo wrote:

This makes sense too, there's too much WR 2nd round talent so a extra pick works

I would be fine with this option as well. I think moving back and maybe grabbing an extra 2 or 3 or both would be great. That way we can look for a WR and LB in the 2nd.

CB Drayton Florence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: