Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills picking 8th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear we pick the worst damn years to need QB's. Laughing

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Tk3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Dont we ALWAYS need QBs?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Dont we ALWAYS need QBs?

Let me rephrase.

We pick the worst years to get to the point where the coaching staff gets tossed or the coaching staff finally gives up on the last "franchise" QB we picked up and need to draft a new one.

So, since Jim Kelly retired really. Laughing

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Tk3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Dont we ALWAYS need QBs?

Let me rephrase.

We pick the worst years to get to the point where the coaching staff gets tossed or the coaching staff finally gives up on the last "franchise" QB we picked up and need to draft a new one.

So, since Jim Kelly retired really. Laughing

I agree though..

Unless its Tyler Bray, there is nobody in this draft who I want to commit 3 seasons to..

But like most coaching changes, I am sure they will draft someone to commit to..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go defense with the 8th pick and wait and see what qbs are worth taking in the 2nd or 3rd round. Dont force a square peg in a circle opening, just because the bills need a qb I dont think they should force one on the team that wont work out. Go veteran qb in FA like Matt Moore and Chase Daniels bring in a late round rookie and have all three battle it out and then take the early picks on other positions that they need. If rookie doesnt look to work out draft a better one next year. This is an extremely weak qb class and I think it would be silly to waste a high pick on a qb since this will only hurt the organization that much more

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Go defense with the 8th pick and wait and see what qbs are worth taking in the 2nd or 3rd round. Dont force a square peg in a circle opening, just because the bills need a qb I dont think they should force one on the team that wont work out. Go veteran qb in FA like Matt Moore and Chase Daniels bring in a late round rookie and have all three battle it out and then take the early picks on other positions that they need. If rookie doesnt look to work out draft a better one next year. This is an extremely weak qb class and I think it would be silly to waste a high pick on a qb since this will only hurt the organization that much more

I agree with most of this, but rather then bring in a brand new guy, I would keep Fitz who our offense knows and is comfortable with. I don't think it should be over looked how hard it can be for WR/TE to get their timing down with a QB. Do we want to spend TC working on that, or installing the playbook and letting Fitz rip it.

I say we go defense at 8, take a QB in rd 2-3 and sit him behind Fitz at least a year.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its going to be a brand new system so any qb will have to learn it by having fitz stay it will hurt the bills cap wise and the growth of a new organization. You have to cut ties with him since you cut ties with the coach who chose to keep him. $13.5 million for Fitz is alot and having a $7 million dead cap space in 2014 if cut after 2013 would hurt them. Letting fitz walk and bringing in a guy who Marrone wants would be the wise choice. Its his team and his sytem so why keep someone who is known to be at best a back up under any other team to play as your starter when he has shown dissappointment for the past 2 years and was a main cause of gaileys exit from this organization?

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Its going to be a brand new system so any qb will have to learn it by having fitz stay it will hurt the bills cap wise and the growth of a new organization. You have to cut ties with him since you cut ties with the coach who chose to keep him. $13.5 million for Fitz is alot and having a $7 million dead cap space in 2014 if cut after 2013 would hurt them. Letting fitz walk and bringing in a guy who Marrone wants would be the wise choice. Its his team and his sytem so why keep someone who is known to be at best a back up under any other team to play as your starter when he has shown dissappointment for the past 2 years and was a main cause of gaileys exit from this organization?

I know its a new system, but Fitz knows these WR and vice versa. Also the o-line is comfortable with Fitz and him making the calls at the line. I could care less how much he cost us this year and next. He is making around the 20th most of Qb's in the league, thats quite okay with me because thats where he belongs.

I think he has been a disappointment the last few season because he has played with so much pressure on him. I think this year there will be considerably a lot less. And lets not pretend that Chase Daniels and Matt Moore would definitely be better/cheaper options. Neither of those guys can read a Defense like Fitz can.
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swolfdab wrote:
I'll go ahead and throw a name out there... Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State.

If you've never seen any of his film, I suggest you start doing your homework. This kid is going to be something special. In my eyes, he is the most talented DB in this class and maybe in any class in the past 10 years, he's that good.

He is very similar to Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie when he came out in 2008, but better, believe it or not. I am all in on Banks and would be completely ecstatic if we grabbed him at the 8 spot. Everybody seems to be on the Dee Milliner bandwagon, but don't forget about Johnthan Banks.

Cromartie wasn't nearly as good a prospect as either Claiborne or Jenkins last year. Plus he's been pretty inconsistent in the NFL. Why are you acting like he's the gold standard for cornerback prospects?
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swolfdab I understand people like Milliner but the problem i see is drafting another CB so high. 2012 Draft 1st round and 2011 draft 2nd round. Why spend another high pick on a CB and refuse to look at the biggest problem on defense which is the LB position and the opposite end to Mario.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: