Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills picking 8th
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Bills picking 8th Reply with quote

1. Kansas City
2. Jacksonville
3. Oakland
4. Philadelphia
5. Detroit
6. Cleveland
7. Arizona
8. Buffalo

So after three years with Gailey we end up one pick better than we did when he got here. Let the draft talk commence!

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anybody ahead of us that needs a LB'er.

Te'o time! Very Happy
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot will be known by some of the new coaches for these teams and if said coaches decide to clean house. I think there are some cases where teams would look at a LB. Jags at 2, Oakland at 3, Philly at 4, Detroit at 5 all could be on the LB radar. I know a lot of GM's dont like taking a LB that high so maybe that will be a good thing. I wouldnt be against moving up a few spots to get the guy we want as well.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleveland is a team that may take Te'o

and you with me.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How I see it (right now, a lot could still change)

1. Kansas City - Geno Smith - Pretty much no brainer
2. Jacksonville - Jarvis Jones / Damontre Moore / (QB)
3. Oakland - Star Lotulelei / Damontre Moore
4. Philadelphia - Luke Joeckel - No way they pass on him here
5. Detroit - Damontre Moore / Jarvis Jones / DeMarcus Milliner
6. Cleveland - Manti Te'o / (QB)
7. Arizona - Taylor Lewan / (QB)
8. Buffalo - DeMarcus Milliner / Whoever is left lol.

Obviously a lot can change, but I think Te'o will be gone by #8, unless the teams above us don't value non pass-rushing LB's that high.

There are rumors of JAX going with a new HC, and possibly CLE as well. If either of those teams (or both) have new HC's next year, there's a good chance they take a QB.

I think my ideal situation would be someone trading up with Cleveland to get ahead of us and Arizona for a QB. I think that would leave Te'o for us. Also, if JAX takes a QB, that would leave Jarvis Jones and Damontre Moore for DET and CLE.

In all honesty though, if we still have Buddy as our GM I don't think it'll matter. We'll grab a guy from the South East.
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:

Obviously a lot can change, but I think Te'o will be gone by #8, unless the teams above us don't value non pass-rushing LB's that high.

There are rumors of JAX going with a new HC, and possibly CLE as well. If either of those teams (or both) have new HC's next year, there's a good chance they take a QB.

I think my ideal situation would be someone trading up with Cleveland to get ahead of us and Arizona for a QB. I think that would leave Te'o for us. Also, if JAX takes a QB, that would leave Jarvis Jones and Damontre Moore for DET and CLE.

In all honesty though, if we still have Buddy as our GM I don't think it'll matter. We'll grab a guy from the South East.

his first year we didn't draft one player from the SEC

and you with me.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

his first year we didn't draft one player from the SEC

I'm not saying SEC, I'm saying South East. Over his 3 years as GM, we've taken 16 players from the South / South East, and that's not including North Carolina (19 with NC). We've taken 1 player from the West (Mark Asper), 4 players from the North (Easley, Potter, Batten, Calloway), and 3 from Virginia (Moats, Wang, Rogers). The earliest he's taken anyone not from the South / South East (or NC) was Easley in round 4.
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
I think a lot will be known by some of the new coaches for these teams and if said coaches decide to clean house. I think there are some cases where teams would look at a LB. Jags at 2, Oakland at 3, Philly at 4, Detroit at 5 all could be on the LB radar. I know a lot of GM's dont like taking a LB that high so maybe that will be a good thing. I wouldnt be against moving up a few spots to get the guy we want as well.

Add the Cardinals to the list...they need to replace Paris Lennon on the inside. I don't think they will do it in the 1st round, however, and might even rather do it in FA. Their 7 needs going into next season IMO are: QB, LT, RG, DE, OLB, ILB, & a hybrid FS/SS. We likely won't be targeting the same LB's though as they play a 3-4. QB on the other hand... Sad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:

If Cleveland selects Te'o than I want D'Qwell Jackson as MLB, Both these guys are strictly MLB IMO.

I'm gonna mock first 8 picks with a trade.

Cleveland trades 6th overall pick for WR Larry Fitzgerald

KC - Geno Smith
Jax - Damontre Moore
Oak - Star Lotuleilei
Philly - Luke Joeckel
Detroit - Dee Milliner
*Arizona - Tyler Wilson
Arizona -Taylor Lewan
Buffalo - Jarvis Jones
Tk3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few notes..

-By my QUICK glance, we would be 8th even if we lost yesterday.. We are the 1st to pick among 6-10 teams, but since we beat Cleveland AND Arizona this year I believe we would have been LAST among 5-11 teams.. So as far as I am concerned, win or loss we would have been 8th, so the win is EXTRA nice..

-General consensus seems to be we want Te'o (I like the thought as well).. Not counting in a trade up for Te'o, I have to imagine Cleveland at 6 is the first time he COULD come off the board.. Top 5 all have bigger fish to fry.. I think Cleveland is likely to take Te'o, but if Da'Montre Moore is on the board I could see them going for a star DE.. Arizona has too many things going on between OL/QB that I doubt they take Te'o.. Its Cleveland, or else he is available for us..

-Other options.. I would think CB or DE or QB reach is most likely for us depending on who is our GM/coach.. POSSBILY WR..

IF Te'o is available I would love:

1- MLB-Manti Te'o-Notre Dame.. Great player, great leadership, great marketability.. He is the type of player that could energize the defense and fans will LOVE in a way we havent had in years..
2- CB-David Amerson-NC State.. IMO tied with Milliner for best corner in the draft.. For some reason he is low on lists that I see, but a good combine could bring him as high as top 10 IMO, but I have him in the 2nd because that is where he is on sites that I see.. He has GREAT size 6'3" and in 2011 had 13 picks.. He is a special player..
3- QB-Tyler Bray-Tennessee.. I dont need to get into why I like him, we have had this debate many times before.. But if he lasts until the 3rd as he is rated currently I think he is a great low-risk piece to learn behind Fitz.. Another player who could shoot up if his drills are good, but if we take a shot on a player with issues, we could get a great player at a steal of a price..

IF Te'o is gone I would go:

1- CB-DeMarcus Milliner-Alabama.. Currently the top CB in the draft.. We can move Aaron Williams (who is an awful corner) to safety or the bench.. Milliner/Gilmore has Revis/Cromartie potential and we can have it for 10 years.. sounds fantastic to me..

2- WR-Justin Hunter-Tennessee or WR-Da'Rick Rogers-Tennessee Tech.. I must have a thing for Tennessee.. Both these guys have 1st round talent, but with Hunter's injury recovery and Rogers leaving UT and going to Tennessee Tech both have flags on them and may fall.. But they fact is these guys are 6'3" to 6'4" and can run.. Best options available to us next to Stevie..

3- QB-Tyler Bray still..

What do you all think? I love the top draft because I feel like we have a low risk/high reward at QB.. We get an elite LB with huge intangibles and marketability, and a true CB who can pair with Gilmore.. The 2nd draft improves our secondary, as well as gives us a much needed boost on offense both now and long term..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee Milliner would be a good option at 8 if Te'o, Jones, and Geno are off the board
BrettFavre4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only team I'm scared about taking Te'o ahead of the Bills is the Lions. They do have Tulloch and they desperately need CBs but Te'o could be too irresistible to pass up to them. If the Lions pass on him I think he's as good as ours. I think the most logical pick for Detroit is Milliner.

If the Bills don't get Te'o, I think Milliner should be there and I'd be pretty happy with him but Te'o is my number one wish.
don4593

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

If Cleveland selects Te'o than I want D'Qwell Jackson as MLB, Both these guys are strictly MLB IMO.

I'm gonna mock first 8 picks with a trade.

Cleveland trades 6th overall pick for WR Larry Fitzgerald

KC - Geno Smith
Jax - Damontre Moore
Oak - Star Lotuleilei
Philly - Luke Joeckel
Detroit - Dee Milliner
*Arizona - Tyler Wilson
Arizona -Taylor Lewan
Buffalo - Jarvis Jones

I do not like DQwell in anything but a 3-4 defense. He is far too slow and not athletic enough for a 4-3 MLB role

Thanks to Pick6_Finnegan for the sig
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know to much about Milliner, is he a true top CB? What does he do well? What are his weak areas? Can anybody give me any info because i don't really like the idea of drafting another CB early but if this guys the real deal i may change my mind.

and you with me.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dont the bills going CB they took Gilmore last year and Williams in the 2nd rd the year before. Drafting a 3rd CB in three years with a top pick is just bad. LB to add to Bradham and Sheppard should be the way to go.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: