Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wildcard GDT- Playoffs- CIN @ HOU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch the game unfortunately, but at this point would you be against Jones or Warmack?

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offense as a whole didnt struggle, just dalton and gresham. the line killed it for BJGE, and dalton had plenty of time to throw on most plays.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
The offense as a whole didnt struggle, just dalton and gresham. the line killed it for BJGE, and dalton had plenty of time to throw on most plays.

Which game were you watching ?

IMO, Gresham was awful, but we lost that game in the trenches, both sides of the ball.......
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I didn't watch the game unfortunately, but at this point would you be against Jones or Warmack?

Don't think thats likely, as several guys on this board seem content to send our 1st rounder to Dallas for Tony Romo.......
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
The offense as a whole didnt struggle

JJ Watt begs to differ......
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's no coincidence our offense starts to struggle when Kyle Cook plays. He is a terrible C and I don't understand why they pulled Robinson when he was playing so well.

I'm starting to agree with others that Dalton is never going to be very good, but seeing as how he isn't going anywhere looks like we better get used to him.

I can't see how AJ Green stays with this team after his contract runs up. Our gameplan today was so bad. It's truly baffling to watch the play calling. It seems like they did everything they suck at. Stop throwing to Gresham, stop throwing screens to BJGE. They should have thrown to AJ from the beginning.

Rey Maualuga better not be back next year. We knew we couldn't cover TEs and that was our downfall.

We should have won this game. Absolutely ridiculous and I am furious that we blew it AGAIN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
It's no coincidence our offense starts to struggle when Kyle Cook plays. He is a terrible C and I don't understand why they pulled Robinson when he was playing so well.

I'm starting to agree with others that Dalton is never going to be very good, but seeing as how he isn't going anywhere looks like we better get used to him.

I can't see how AJ Green stays with this team after his contract runs up. Our gameplan today was so bad. It's truly baffling to watch the play calling. It seems like they did everything they suck at. Stop throwing to Gresham, stop throwing screens to BJGE. They should have thrown to AJ from the beginning.

Rey Maualuga better not be back next year. We knew we couldn't cover TEs and that was our downfall.

We should have won this game. Absolutely ridiculous and I am furious that we blew it AGAIN

First off, good game y'all.

However, I wouldn't exactly say that y'all blew it. The Texans clearly dominated the entire game and the score was not even close to representative of the play on the field. But it is a testament to your defense that we kicked so many field goals.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are we pointing the huge finger at Dalton and Gresham (although they were awful) and not at Maualuga? My God, that guy couldnt cover me out there today. We had them pinned on there 4 on third down and Daniels runs the most simple in ive see and Maualuga sits there like a pylon for a 15 yard gain or whatever it was. This happened all game. And then that run play when Maualuga squared up on Foster when he cut and didnt lay a FINGER on him. Completely whiffed. Our defense is borderline elite without a good MLB. We need to go out and get one first round. Maualuga is not fit for a 4-3 and maybe not a 3-4 with the way he played this year.

And Gresham, catch a ball.

When we came out in the second half and had that drive where Green finally got involved should have been our offense all year long. Enough of this respect the run to throw the ball crap. We have the receivers and ability on offense to spread everyone out, make quick slant/screen throws and let that be our running game. Then once defences have to respect that, give the rock to our lesser talent at RB. I feel the coaches have too much pressure (or are just dumb) with this AFCN mindset of smash mouth running game. Clearly we arent built for that. I coulnd't believe we actually opened up some nice holes yesterday for BJGE.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:

In Dalton's defense, he had linemen being pushed in his face all day. It was just a sad effort as a whole today.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
I'm starting to agree with others that Dalton is never going to be very good
Errrrr...... back to back winning/ play-off seasons, for the first time in 30 years. Dalton/Green, 2nd best opening 2 seasons in NFL history after Marino+Clayton. Yesterdays loss was beyond frustrating, but boy, some folks are real difficult to satisfy......

johndeere1707 wrote:
I can't see how AJ Green stays with this team after his contract runs up.
.......he'll be here for a long time because he's signed thru to 2015, and we'll make him a killer contract offer probably during or after next season that makes him the best paid WR in the league. In fairness to Mike Brown, he made Palmer the best paid QB at the time, and IMHO he'll do the same with AJ. I think the new CBA bans clubs from extending rookie contracts for a certain period, not sure how long it is....have to check it out...... AJ just doesn't seem to be a 'me-me' charachter like Chad and TO.

johndeere1707 wrote:
stop throwing screens to BJGE.
Why would you do that ? When your O-line is getting stoned by their rush, screens are one good play to call to slow down the rush.......

johndeere1707 wrote:
Rey Maualuga better not be back next year. We knew we couldn't cover TEs and that was our downfall. We should have won this game. Absolutely ridiculous and I am furious that we blew it AGAIN
No quarrell with you about Maualuga there. Looking at the game over though, we lost to the Texans in every phase. If it weren't for the defence, it would have been 31-10 again. Its still amazing that we were one close deep ball completion away from actually winning that game. I don't think we 'blew-it', we were just lucky it was still that close in the 4th.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:

First off, good game y'all. However, I wouldn't exactly say that y'all blew it. The Texans clearly dominated the entire game and the score was not even close to representative of the play on the field. But it is a testament to your defense that we kicked so many field goals.

It hurts, but I completely agree with this summary 'CAS22'.

Texans beat us all ends up, it was just good solid play by our defence that kept it to 9-7 at half-time instead of 21-7. If Dalton completes that long ball to AJ and we win it 20-19, everyone would be wondering, " how'd the hell that happen ? ".

It hurts, but the best team won.......
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

London it has more to do with our team than Dalton leading us to the playoffs in back to back years. I'm sorry, if you watch the game it's obvious the guy just isn't very good. There are other factors but Dalton just doesn't have the tools to be very good. He will always be middle of the pack due to Green.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
London it has more to do with our team than Dalton leading us to the playoffs in back to back years. I'm sorry, if you watch the game it's obvious the guy just isn't very good. There are other factors but Dalton just doesn't have the tools to be very good. He will always be middle of the pack due to Green.

He needs a completely clean pocket to be good. Any time he has to move or anyone is within a few feet the guy panics. He can't stay in the pocket tall and deliver the ball. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon though.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

Well that's just not true. When given time, he delivers a good accurate ball. When rushed, that's when he looks bad.

I may be an optimist here, but i think that's correctable. Spend all offseason doing drills that simulate throws under pressure. Get him used to it so when the DT is pushing Kyle Cook into his face he throws the checkdown instead of curling into a ball.

We've seen games where the Oline looks spectacular, and it's no coincidence that Dalton looks good in those games. He threw 27 TD's this year.

Anyway, he's going to play out his contract at the very least. So dig in and hope he gets better.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

It completely depends upon what degree you place wins and losses on a QB, or say its a 'team game' and blame the team in its entireity. You cant have it both ways.

To say he doesn't 'have the tools' is strange given that Dalton as a QB has just had two of the most succesful years in Bengal history. That would suggest he does have some 'tools'. Is that success down to Dalton or good team play ? Obviously, good team play over the season, but the focus is on the QB.

To say 'he will always be middle of the pack due to Green' is just completely plain wrong IMO. Dalton and Green have put up the 2nd most succesful opening two seasons since Marino+Clayton. How do you explain that outcome if he 'doesn't have the tools' ?

Matt Stafford evidently 'has the tools', but where did a big arm and 5000 yards get the 4-12 Lions this year ? Arguably, the best QB of all time; Joe Montana'; didn't 'have the tools', but had a great receiver, and a good offensive scheme wrapped around him.

Just think back to after when Palmer quit, and we take Green and Dalton in the draft. If you'd have known then, we'd go 19-15 with b2b play-off berths, you'd have taken that in a heartbeat, right ?. Despite the b2b 1st round play-off losses to HOU, this young team continues to improve, and will do so again next year. Dalton is 19-15 as Bengal QB, and has just been a 'winner' all his life.

The team played badly Saturday including Dalton, but I just believe we should stick with Dalton and get better players around him. Others here want to ditch Dalton, and go for another 'Palmeresque' gun-slinger; (Ryan Mallett, Tony Romo etc); to throw it to Green 25 times a game like Calvin Johnson. We've discussed it here before, that formula will not win you many games.

I just believe we should continue to develop Dalton and gang from what we have, rather than clean house and start agian. It will of course ultimately completely depend on how the Bengal coaches and FO sees things, and IMO they'll stick with Dalton, and maybe give him a new contract.

I really don't agree with you 'JD', I think getting to the play-offs in consecutive years does matter immensely to a club that hasn't been there too often in recent decades ............

The next step is obviously to get deeper into the play-offs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: