Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wildcard GDT- Playoffs- CIN @ HOU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartan300

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton has a lot to prove next year. Very disappointing game from him and everyone in the organization.
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of things need to happen during the offseason.

1) the offensive line needs to work on pass protection. Even when they don't give up sacks, they're always pushed back into Dalton. He had no time or room to step into throws today.

2) Dalton needs to work on his pocket presence. Watching him and then watching Aaron Rodgers is night and day. Aaron manipulates the pocket perfectly to buy extra time and find a man 20+ yards downfield. Dalton tucks the ball as he watches his line get plowed backward and never finds a guy downfield under pressure.

A lot to work on. Sad game. Brutal loss.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really feel like there is not a lot of work to be done. It is just the QB. You guys are an average qb away from going to the 2nd, and potentially 3rd, round of the playoffs.

It is going to get verrry frustrating to watch green play with a poor QB. ...1st for mallet? Very Happy
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Delbert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to wait another season before really judging Dalton. This is only his second season, both of which had more wins than losses. Dalton doesn't have a strong arm, and he needs to work on his pocket presence but he does have leadership ability - something Carson Palmer never had with the Bengals.
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer guys, I was rooting for you guys to beat the Texans, oh well maybe next year. You guys have a good nucleus of young talent.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:
Dalton has a lot to prove next year.

I repeat, Dalton has taken us to the play-offs in back to back years for the first time in a lifetime. 9-7 last year, 10-6 this. Dalton and Green have put up the second highest yards total after Marino and Clayton in NFL history.

Has he got to improve ?, hell yes. Is he beyond criticism ?, no. Did he have a bad game yesterday ?, yes; but then the whole offence did.

Reading previous posts, I do think some of the contributors here have forgotten who you are. Bengal fans have suffered continual losses for 20 years, along comes Dalton who puts up two consecutive winning seasons, and y'all want him gone. Incredible.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
I really feel like there is not a lot of work to be done. It is just the QB. You guys are an average qb away from going to the 2nd, and potentially 3rd, round of the playoffs.

It is going to get verrry frustrating to watch green play with a poor QB. ...1st for mallet? :D

Can you just remind us exactly of Malletts stat-line for his career so far behind Brady ?

Last post you had us trading for Tony Romo. Who's next, Blaine Gabbert or Chad Henne maybe ?
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Sorry guys. Its on Andy.

He had a chance to win the game and he didn't. I agree.

No need to try to scramble on the 2nd and 11; there wasn't much pressure. He overshot a wide-open Green by a mile on 3rd and 11, and throws for 6 yards on 4th and 11. Anyone defending this performance is a borderline homer, IMO. Nothing personal to anyone.

Watch the play again closely buddy. He didn't 'overthrow' Green on 3rd and 11, AJ got jammed on the LOS, and was a step off the play. It was a good play by the HOU DB's.

On the 2nd and 11 play, all his guys were covered downfield. Sometimes you have no choice, take the six yards or get sacked for a loss.

I'm not defending Andy particularly, he has to get rid of the ball quicker, but in all fairness, you can't play well at QB when JJWatt is constantly up in your grill every play, and your TE can't catch the ball.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
Post game thoughts...

- About as disgusted as I've ever felt as a Bengal fan, and that's saying something.

Jeez.....really.....?

So, just remind us how you felt during all those losing seasons over the last 20 years when we didn't even get a sniff of even making the damn play-offs ?
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
First of all, sorry London, I didnt mean to be condescending earlier. Just a little toasty right now and upset with the loss.

No worries man. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. From your posting name, I guess you think Palmer is a better bet for us than Dalton. Thats fair enough, everyone is entitled to their view.......

Carson4MVP wrote:
I have been saying since week 3 or 4 that Dalton could not win in the playoffs because of his talent. Everyone comparing him to Drew Brees needs to stop. It is like comparing Ryan Leaf to Manning. There is that much of a difference between the 2. In the right offense, he can win 7-10 games a season, but that is his CEILING. He only has the talent to beat bad teams. He has worse pocket presence than Akili Smith and gets ridiculously happy feet after 3-4 seconds. 30-40% of the sacks he has suffered this season, were on him and him alone. You cannot hold on to the ball for 4+ seconds and when you start scrambling, you have to keep your eyes downfield.

Disagree. Andy is only a second year QB, and he has plenty of opportunity to grow and improve IMO. All I know is that every QB in the league has 'happy feet' if their pocket is collapsing, and their guys are not open. In fact, after 3-4 seconds, most QB's are flat on their backs.

Carson4MVP wrote:
Cowboys fans are down on Romo, but he has more talent in his non-throwing pinky than Andy Dalton does in his entire body. I would GLADLY take Romo over Dalton. Give Romo this defense and AJ to throw to and you have a top 2-3 team in the league.

How anyone can watch Dalton play against Pitt, Balt, Denver, Houston, hell even Cleveland and not see it is lying to themselves.

As you know, there is alot more to wining a game than the QB; guys have to block, get open, and catch for the QB.

Romo might have all that skill in his pinky you and 'NBT' talk about, but just remind me; how many times have Dalton and Romo taken their teams to the play-offs the last two seasons ?
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:

1) the offensive line needs to work on pass protection. Even when they don't give up sacks, they're always pushed back into Dalton. He had no time or room to step into throws today.

2) Dalton needs to work on his pocket presence. Watching him and then watching Aaron Rodgers is night and day. Aaron manipulates the pocket perfectly to buy extra time and find a man 20+ yards downfield. Dalton tucks the ball as he watches his line get plowed backward and never finds a guy downfield under pressure.

Well done 'J', at last, a more 'balanced' view on yesterdays lessons.

I agree, watching Rodgers was night and day. Lets not forget that Rodgers spent his first few frustrating seasons with the clipboard, watching Favre. Dalton has been playing PIT, BAL and HOU for a living right from the get go.

With regard to Dalton, I also agree with what Mike Mayock said, he just has to let the ball go much quicker more often. Assuming Gruden is our OC next year, he also has to do a better job.
XU Lou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:

Both observations are spot on J. I would add that the latter is magnified by a running game that does NOT stike fear in defenses. A running game capable of scoring from anywhere would help the line and Dalton. Let's face it, Dalton cannot carry the team. He needs the right cast around him to be effective.

We lost to a team with a great OL that outplayed our strength by allowing the Texans a balanced attack. Our DL was not up to its recent smothering performance. I was most disappointed in the LBs however. Poor coverage being the most glaring.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This loss is on both Dalton and Gresham. If Grersham catches a few more balls, drives continue, and maybe Green gets more involved early on.

What this team still needs is a better effort from the line, and another letigimate threat somewhere on offense not named AJ Green. It could be a RB, a second WR or a more consistent TE. In reality, it should be a RB, which would open things up for AJ, Sanu, Jones and Hawkins. (See ya Tate).

Last edited by INbengalfan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
This loss is on both Dalton and Gresham. If GHrersham catches a few more balls, drives continue, and maybe Green gets more involved early on.

What this team still needs is a better effort from the line, and another letigimate threat somewhere on offense not named AJ Green. It could be a RB, a second WR or a more consistent TE. In reality, it sj=hould be a RB, which would open things up for AJ, Sanu, Jones and Hawkins. (See ya Tate).

Completely agree....

Do we take a chance (!) on Warmack if he's still on the board when we pick in R1 ?
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XU Lou wrote:
We lost to a team with a great OL that outplayed our strength by allowing the Texans a balanced attack. Our DL was not up to its recent smothering performance. I was most disappointed in the LBs however. Poor coverage being the most glaring.

Agree.

This loss told me that we need improvements at just about every spot, DB, LB, OL, RB, QB, WR....... We could pick BPA right through the draft.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: