Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wildcard GDT- Playoffs- CIN @ HOU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
Honestly guys, we cannot win this game with Dalton at QB. That throw into double coverage was a bad read, but the receiver was still way past the defenders. If Sanu didn't have to stop to try and catch the pass, that is a TD. He just doesnt have the skills for us to win in the playoffs against good defensive teams.

Complete BS IMO. Its a 2 pt game right now for christ sake. Could easily be 21-7 but for the defence.

The pass rush has been up in his face all game. If Gresham can just catch a damn ball things look real different right now.

Way to throw this team under the bus before half time.

I WANT Dalton to succeed. I want the Bengals to succeed. But it is not "throwing the team under the bus" by acknowledging our short comings.

Sure looked like Dalton lacked the skill on that 45 yarder to AJ.

Folding up the tent on a 2 pont game before half-time sure sounds like throwing the team under the bus to me.

Criticize Dalton all you like, but someone has to block up front for him, and the TE has to catch the damn ball.........

I am not sure if you understand this or not, it takes more than 1 throw a game to be a good quarterback in the NFL. You can't suck for 4 quarters throw 1 decent ball and be a good QB. I said he was ok at best and that's the truth. Ron Jaworski(someone who gets paid to watch quarterbacks) listed him as 16 in the NFL) ranks him 16th. That is the definition of OK. It is ok to say someone on your team isnt great. It doesn't make you less of a fan.

There's no need to be insulting, I've been watching the Bengals for over 30 years now, and coaching at junior level some too. I might be a stupid Englishman, but I do know how the game works.

You are right, it does indeed take more than one throw a game to be a good NFL quarterback, but I'm sure you'll agree, other guys on the team have got to block and catch too.

Most of the last 20 years the Bengals have plain sucked. Dalton comes in, puts up 19-14 over 2 years, and gets us to the play-offs 2 years in a row, something that hasn't been done in those 30 years.

We might lose the game, but to say we can't win a game with Dalton at QB before half time, is just plain wrong IMO.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys. Its on Andy.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Sorry guys. Its on Andy.

Nothing to do with Gresham catching 2 of 7 then ?
Hokie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post game thoughts...

- Houston's offensive line is outstanding. It's the only part of their team that is good, IMO, but they have a hell of a line.

- I don't want to see Malaluga, Clements, or Lawson anywhere near this team next season.

- Green had a hell of a 2nd half.

- Kyle Cook is pitiful and this team desperately needs a center.

- This one will probably [inappropriate/removed] the most people off but... Andy Dalton is the epitome of a mediocre quarterback. Not bad enough to usually beat you by himself, and not nearly good enough to win a game for you either. He's atrocious on deep balls, gets happy feet and panics at the slightest hint of pressure, and makes questionable decisions. 4th and 11 and you're throwing for 5 yards? Alright.

- Philly, if you want Jay Gruden, you're more than welcome to have him. I have no idea what higher-ups in the league see in this guy. AWFUL game plan tonight. Did you really think the Bengals were going to beat the Texans with BJGE screen passes? Yeah, me neither.

- This team will continue to get no respect until they win a playoff game. And they shouldn't. Nobody should take this team seriously until they can prove they can win games. Palmer's bunch proved they couldn't, and I fear this group is heading down the same path. Hope I'm wrong. They couldn't have asked for a better matchup in either of the past two seasons, and they laid an egg in each game.

- About as disgusted as I've ever felt as a Bengal fan, and that's saying something. They should have won this damn game. New England is going to absolutely throttle Houston next week.

Last edited by Hokie on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Sorry guys. Its on Andy.

Nothing to do with Gresham catching 2 of 7 then ?

Who is throwing him the ball? Greens abuse of JJ in the 2nd shows that AJ's quiet first half is due to Andy throwing elsewhere, not Green failing.

Green roasted JJ 3x in the 2nd half. Aside from Andy missing him twice, it is a sign that they should have been attacking to Green right away! Instead they waited an entire half!

The gameplan ignoring Green was absurd & a huge flaw in Jay Grudens plan, but Daltons inability to pick up on it/go to someone other than his 1st option is fuel on the fire.

Its on Dalton. If Dalton completes those 2 deep balls in the 4th quarter to AJ where he is clearly open in the end zone, Cinci wins. It is that simple.
Hokie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Sorry guys. Its on Andy.

He had a chance to win the game and he didn't. I agree.

No need to try to scramble on the 2nd and 11; there wasn't much pressure. He overshot a wide-open Green by a mile on 3rd and 11, and throws for 6 yards on 4th and 11. Anyone defending this performance is a borderline homer, IMO. Nothing personal to anyone.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At some point, all of you guys in Cinci will have to figure out that Green is the best receiver since Randy, and it doesnt matter what Dalton does - if he cannot get Green the ball when he gets vertical separation, he MUST be replaced. The amount of points Dalton leaves on the field is ridiculous.

I mean it. Trade for Romo. Do something. You cant go into next season with Dalton as QB and expect to do any better than you did this year, period.
Hokie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
At some point, all of you guys in Cinci will have to figure out that Green is the best receiver since Randy, and it doesnt matter what Dalton does - if he cannot get Green the ball when he gets vertical separation, he MUST be replaced. The amount of points Dalton leaves on the field is ridiculous.

I mean it. Trade for Romo. Do something. You cant go into next season with Dalton as QB and expect to do any better than you did this year, period.

There is no chance Mike will make a move for a QB this off-season. Dalton is our QB for the next two seasons at a minimum. Probably much longer.

I'm beginning to realize Dalton's ceiling is much lower than I originally thought. I hope like hell Green re-signs with Cincy but I wouldn't be shocked if he decides to bolt at some point.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:

Who is throwing him the ball? Greens abuse of JJ in the 2nd shows that AJ's quiet first half is due to Andy throwing elsewhere, not Green failing.

How do you know what the play call was ? If Green was doubled, Dalton might have been coached to go someplace else.......
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton, Maulauga, Cook, Gresham, Clements, Lawson and Jay Gruden lost the game for us.

Besides Gruden and Dalton, I hope to never see the rest of them...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:

What are you talking about ?

Dalton/Green have just put up the second best opening two seasons after Marino + Clayton in NFL history. Dalton has led us to the play-offs in two consecutive seasons for the first time in 30 years.

The QB gets all the focus, but it was more than just Dalton today, the O-Line couldn't block their rush, our D-line couldn't get to Schaub, our LB's couldn't get to their backs; (and through my beer glass it looked like AJ was responsible for the INT).

NextBigThing wrote:
Trade for Romo. Do something.

Just remind me, how's Romo working out exactly for the Cowboys recently ?

NextBigThing wrote:
You cant go into next season with Dalton as QB and expect to do any better than you did this year, period.

Thats what you were saying after 9-7 last year.

This year we go 10-6, and you still say we can't improve next year ......
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green was responsible for the interception. Dalton was responsible for missing him deep twice and ignoring him the entire 1st half where you guys didnt move the ball whatsoever as a result.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Green was responsible for the interception. Dalton was responsible for missing him deep twice

Completely wrong.

Just watched the last attempted long ball to AJ again, and in fairness, the Houston DB gets a good push on AJ at the LOS, and is then a step short. For all we know Dalton might have put the ball on a dime,

NextBigThing wrote:
and ignoring him the entire 1st half where you guys didnt move the ball whatsoever as a result.

I repeat, how on earth do you know what the play-calling was in the 1st half.

I think it went something like this.......

" YOU KNOW WHAT ANDY, IF AJ IS DOUBLED, GO TO #84 OVER THE MIDDLE".....

Just a shame Gresham couldn't make a play.......
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game yall, really hope yall fire Gruden and hire a OC that utilizes AJ ALOT more.

Goodluck this offseason in continuing the building process, yall certainly have a heck of a core.
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, sorry London, I didnt mean to be condescending earlier. Just a little toasty right now and upset with the loss.

I have been saying since week 3 or 4 that Dalton could not win in the playoffs because of his talent. Everyone comparing him to Drew Brees needs to stop. It is like comparing Ryan Leaf to Manning. There is that much of a difference between the 2. In the right offense, he can win 7-10 games a season, but that is his CEILING. He only has the talent to beat bad teams. He has worse pocket presence than Akili Smith and gets ridiculously happy feet after 3-4 seconds. 30-40% of the sacks he has suffered this season, were on him and him alone. You cannot hold on to the ball for 4+ seconds and when you start scrambling, you have to keep your eyes downfield.

Cowboys fans are down on Romo, but he has more talent in his non-throwing pinky than Andy Dalton does in his entire body. I would GLADLY take Romo over Dalton. Give Romo this defense and AJ to throw to and you have a top 2-3 team in the league.

How anyone can watch Dalton play against Pitt, Balt, Denver, Houston, hell even Cleveland and not see it is lying to themselves.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: