Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wildcard GDT- Playoffs- CIN @ HOU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MCgamer89

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Y'all are going to kill us.

I hope that you guys can upset NE, I hate them.

If the Bengals win they will play DEN, not NE since DEN is the #1 seed. I think and hope the Bengals win this game. I've thought all year the Texans weren't as strong as they looked at the beginning of the season and they are picking a horrible time to show it. If the Bengals can contain Foster I don't see Shaub winning the game himself. Good luck on Saturday. Win it so the Ravens don't have to go to Denver after they beat the Colts! LOL. (No I don't think the Ravens have a guarenteed win like some people on here are claiming, but I am pretty confident about the game)
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:

Texans lost three straight i believe last year going into the playoffs. Didn't stop them from killing the Bengals.

I'll be pleasantly happy if the Bengals win. Really not expecting it though.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Spartan300

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ready for some revenge for last year. Not going to hold my breath with the way the offense has played recently.
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
CAS22 wrote:

Texans lost three straight i believe last year going into the playoffs. Didn't stop them from killing the Bengals.

Didn't they beat us last year right before the playoffs?
CAS22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
CAS22 wrote:

We beat y'all to get to 10-3 and clinch the division. Then we lost 3 in a row to end the season (Carolina, Indy, Tennessee).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
CAS22 wrote:

We beat y'all to get to 10-3 and clinch the division. Then we lost 3 in a row to end the season (Carolina, Indy, Tennessee).

Ok. I must have gotten it mixed up with the Jets where they beat us in week 17 then in the playoffs.
Who-dey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
CAS22 wrote:

After everything we did for y'all last year I think it's time to repay us in kind.

Adopt a Bengal: Reggie Nelson and Mike Zimmer
Who-dey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops

Adopt a Bengal: Reggie Nelson and Mike Zimmer

Last edited by Who-dey on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
HangOnSloopy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so pumped for this game! It's time things turn around for this team. Can not wait for Saturday!! Very Happy

"Work Hard, Play Hard"
daboyle250 on the sig!
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-seek-playoff-X-Factor/d9a1f497-58d9-4831-8b05-d2b266857805

Quote:
In the 13 games he's missed the past two years, the Bengals have allowed 4.5 yards per rush. In the 19 games Sims has played, they've allowed 3.6. In the last two playoff games without him, they've been buried by the Jets and Texans with 171 and 188 rushing yards, respectively.

When Sims hurt both his ankles last season and missed the last five games of the regular season, the Bengals went from 3.5 to 4.9 yards per rush. When he came back this season for the Giants game after his stint on the PUP and his never-ending battle with head coach Marvin Lewis to show he was in shape, the Bengals were giving up 4.3. In the last eight games it is 3.9.

Quote:
"Pat Sims is the X Factor. Look, we're 7-1 since he's been back" Peko said with a smile. "But he's a big guy for us. He's really important. We haven't had him in the playoffs and it's really going to help us. He comes in for Geno and me and we just keep rolling."

Love me some Pat Sims...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-seek-playoff-X-Factor/d9a1f497-58d9-4831-8b05-d2b266857805

Quote:
In the 13 games he's missed the past two years, the Bengals have allowed 4.5 yards per rush. In the 19 games Sims has played, they've allowed 3.6. In the last two playoff games without him, they've been buried by the Jets and Texans with 171 and 188 rushing yards, respectively.

When Sims hurt both his ankles last season and missed the last five games of the regular season, the Bengals went from 3.5 to 4.9 yards per rush. When he came back this season for the Giants game after his stint on the PUP and his never-ending battle with head coach Marvin Lewis to show he was in shape, the Bengals were giving up 4.3. In the last eight games it is 3.9.

Quote:
"Pat Sims is the X Factor. Look, we're 7-1 since he's been back" Peko said with a smile. "But he's a big guy for us. He's really important. We haven't had him in the playoffs and it's really going to help us. He comes in for Geno and me and we just keep rolling."

Love me some Pat Sims...

Think we resign him again this offseason?

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Think we resign him again this offseason?

I think so. I kind of doubt he garners a lot of attention. He's a good player, but he doesn't play a majority of the game, is frequently hurt, and isn't of much use as a pass rusher.

I don't want to place a price tag on him, but i think the Bengals can afford to keep him, and they should definitely try.

lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How important is Crocker for you guys? What's his outlook for tomorrow, I know he didn't practice yesterday, idk about today.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
How important is Crocker for you guys? What's his outlook for tomorrow, I know he didn't practice yesterday, idk about today.

He won't play. Listed as doubtful.

He becomes less important as the secondary gets healthier. Nate Clements is expected to start for him on Sunday. Probably see Leon Hall and Terrence Newman starting, Pacman as the nickle corner. Clements and Nelson will get the majority of snaps at safety. Taylor Mays might play some.

Now earlier in the season the Bengals had like 2 healthy corners and they couldn't allow Clements to play safety (needed him at corner). So they signed Crocker and moved Clements back to corner. Now they just reverse the move.

The injury isn't ideal, but it's not going to force changes to either teams strategy.

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

He's doubtful for the game. The biggest issue is that this probably means Taylor Mays will get some snaps. Nate Clements should start and he's been about the same as Crocker, but Mays is a wildcard.

The biggest issue with Mays is that he's more prone to giving up a big play. With your play action game, this could have a big impact...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: