Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wildcard GDT- Playoffs- CIN @ HOU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MCgamer89


Joined: 19 Aug 2012
Posts: 756
Location: Riverview, FL
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Y'all are going to kill us.

I hope that you guys can upset NE, I hate them.


If the Bengals win they will play DEN, not NE since DEN is the #1 seed. I think and hope the Bengals win this game. I've thought all year the Texans weren't as strong as they looked at the beginning of the season and they are picking a horrible time to show it. If the Bengals can contain Foster I don't see Shaub winning the game himself. Good luck on Saturday. Win it so the Ravens don't have to go to Denver after they beat the Colts! LOL. (No I don't think the Ravens have a guarenteed win like some people on here are claiming, but I am pretty confident about the game)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 19087
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Y'all are going to kill us.

I hope that you guys can upset NE, I hate them.

Texans lost three straight i believe last year going into the playoffs. Didn't stop them from killing the Bengals.

I'll be pleasantly happy if the Bengals win. Really not expecting it though.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartan300


Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 639
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ready for some revenge for last year. Not going to hold my breath with the way the offense has played recently.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carson4MVP


Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 1715
Location: Hilliard
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Y'all are going to kill us.

I hope that you guys can upset NE, I hate them.

Texans lost three straight i believe last year going into the playoffs. Didn't stop them from killing the Bengals.

I'll be pleasantly happy if the Bengals win. Really not expecting it though.


Didn't they beat us last year right before the playoffs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CAS22


Joined: 06 Jul 2007
Posts: 18719
Location: SMU
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Y'all are going to kill us.

I hope that you guys can upset NE, I hate them.

Texans lost three straight i believe last year going into the playoffs. Didn't stop them from killing the Bengals.

I'll be pleasantly happy if the Bengals win. Really not expecting it though.


Didn't they beat us last year right before the playoffs?

We beat y'all to get to 10-3 and clinch the division. Then we lost 3 in a row to end the season (Carolina, Indy, Tennessee).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carson4MVP


Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 1715
Location: Hilliard
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Y'all are going to kill us.

I hope that you guys can upset NE, I hate them.

Texans lost three straight i believe last year going into the playoffs. Didn't stop them from killing the Bengals.

I'll be pleasantly happy if the Bengals win. Really not expecting it though.


Didn't they beat us last year right before the playoffs?

We beat y'all to get to 10-3 and clinch the division. Then we lost 3 in a row to end the season (Carolina, Indy, Tennessee).


Ok. I must have gotten it mixed up with the Jets where they beat us in week 17 then in the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Who-dey


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 1021
Location: Too close to Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Y'all are going to kill us.

I hope that you guys can upset NE, I hate them.

Texans lost three straight i believe last year going into the playoffs. Didn't stop them from killing the Bengals.

I'll be pleasantly happy if the Bengals win. Really not expecting it though.


Didn't they beat us last year right before the playoffs?

We beat y'all to get to 10-3 and clinch the division. Then we lost 3 in a row to end the season (Carolina, Indy, Tennessee).


After everything we did for y'all last year I think it's time to repay us in kind.
_________________


Adopt a Bengal: Reggie Nelson and Mike Zimmer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Who-dey


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 1021
Location: Too close to Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops
_________________


Adopt a Bengal: Reggie Nelson and Mike Zimmer


Last edited by Who-dey on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HangOnSloopy


Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Posts: 262
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so pumped for this game! It's time things turn around for this team. Can not wait for Saturday!! Very Happy
_________________

"Work Hard, Play Hard"
daboyle250 on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16795
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-seek-playoff-X-Factor/d9a1f497-58d9-4831-8b05-d2b266857805

Quote:
In the 13 games he's missed the past two years, the Bengals have allowed 4.5 yards per rush. In the 19 games Sims has played, they've allowed 3.6. In the last two playoff games without him, they've been buried by the Jets and Texans with 171 and 188 rushing yards, respectively.

When Sims hurt both his ankles last season and missed the last five games of the regular season, the Bengals went from 3.5 to 4.9 yards per rush. When he came back this season for the Giants game after his stint on the PUP and his never-ending battle with head coach Marvin Lewis to show he was in shape, the Bengals were giving up 4.3. In the last eight games it is 3.9.


Quote:
"Pat Sims is the X Factor. Look, we're 7-1 since he's been back" Peko said with a smile. "But he's a big guy for us. He's really important. We haven't had him in the playoffs and it's really going to help us. He comes in for Geno and me and we just keep rolling."



Love me some Pat Sims...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23473
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-seek-playoff-X-Factor/d9a1f497-58d9-4831-8b05-d2b266857805

Quote:
In the 13 games he's missed the past two years, the Bengals have allowed 4.5 yards per rush. In the 19 games Sims has played, they've allowed 3.6. In the last two playoff games without him, they've been buried by the Jets and Texans with 171 and 188 rushing yards, respectively.

When Sims hurt both his ankles last season and missed the last five games of the regular season, the Bengals went from 3.5 to 4.9 yards per rush. When he came back this season for the Giants game after his stint on the PUP and his never-ending battle with head coach Marvin Lewis to show he was in shape, the Bengals were giving up 4.3. In the last eight games it is 3.9.


Quote:
"Pat Sims is the X Factor. Look, we're 7-1 since he's been back" Peko said with a smile. "But he's a big guy for us. He's really important. We haven't had him in the playoffs and it's really going to help us. He comes in for Geno and me and we just keep rolling."



Love me some Pat Sims...


Think we resign him again this offseason?
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 19087
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Think we resign him again this offseason?

I think so. I kind of doubt he garners a lot of attention. He's a good player, but he doesn't play a majority of the game, is frequently hurt, and isn't of much use as a pass rusher.

I don't want to place a price tag on him, but i think the Bengals can afford to keep him, and they should definitely try.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4779
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How important is Crocker for you guys? What's his outlook for tomorrow, I know he didn't practice yesterday, idk about today.
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 19087
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
How important is Crocker for you guys? What's his outlook for tomorrow, I know he didn't practice yesterday, idk about today.

He won't play. Listed as doubtful.

He becomes less important as the secondary gets healthier. Nate Clements is expected to start for him on Sunday. Probably see Leon Hall and Terrence Newman starting, Pacman as the nickle corner. Clements and Nelson will get the majority of snaps at safety. Taylor Mays might play some.

Now earlier in the season the Bengals had like 2 healthy corners and they couldn't allow Clements to play safety (needed him at corner). So they signed Crocker and moved Clements back to corner. Now they just reverse the move.

The injury isn't ideal, but it's not going to force changes to either teams strategy.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16795
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
How important is Crocker for you guys? What's his outlook for tomorrow, I know he didn't practice yesterday, idk about today.


He's doubtful for the game. The biggest issue is that this probably means Taylor Mays will get some snaps. Nate Clements should start and he's been about the same as Crocker, but Mays is a wildcard.

The biggest issue with Mays is that he's more prone to giving up a big play. With your play action game, this could have a big impact...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group