Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Tice may not return next year
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Mike Tice may not return next year Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21449618/monday-observations-jets-sparano-among-coordinators-likely-to-get-boot

Who knows how likely this is.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t think this speculation is news to anyone…guess we will just have to wait and see how it plays out.
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cutler has had os many different offensive coordinators it's ridiculous

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then we wont win the superbowl :'(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
But then we wont win the superbowl :'(

We can still win the World Cup!
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tice is not any good.

But the most damning thing is that he was our OL coach for 2 years and that is the unit that now fails him as the OC. Carimi was Tices guy and he has been the biggest disappointment of anyone this season.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Tice is not any good.

But the most damning thing is that he was our OL coach for 2 years and that is the unit that now fails him as the OC. Carimi was Tices guy and he has been the biggest disappointment of anyone this season.

While I agree, Carimi was also far better at RT yesterday than he had been before being benched, and against a good pass rushing team (AZ is 10th in sacks with 37). The only sack the Bears allowed yesterday was a coverage sack when Cutler had all day to throw and was caught behind on a scramble by Calais Campbell. That was encouraging.

Also, it must be said that J'Marcus Webb, while no pro bowler, has made significant improvement at LT to where it wouldn't be the end of the world if he was our LT next year, especially if we can put a stud LG next to him. Never thought I'd say that. It wouldn't be perfect but he has been at least average in every game this year IMO outside of the first GB game and the SF game, both of which came against star pass rushers. He's no Joe Thomas, but he's sure no 2011 J'Marcus Webb either.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Bates does better than in his previous stint as an OC w/ the Seahawks. But he has to be more creative and able to use talent unlike Tice.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:
Hopefully Bates does better than in his previous stint as an OC w/ the Seahawks. But he has to be more creative and able to use talent unlike Tice.

Our offense has talent?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-1225-bits-bears-chicago--20121225,0,4708020.story

Quote:
Jay Cutler's disdain for Mike Martz was pretty evident at the end of last season even if the quarterback never publicly spoke against the offensive coordinator.

Given a chance to lobby for yet another play-caller next season, Cutler said on the "Waddle & Silvy Show" Monday on WMVP-AM 1000 that would make things more difficult for the Bears. The offense has been rocky in Mike Tice's first season in the position, and Cutler is coming off a poor performance against the Cardinals in which he completed one of his first 11 passes and threw for only 146 yards.

"You hope not," Cutler said. "It's hard for an offense and for a quarterback to get where you want to be and be consistent on a weekly basis if you're changing coordinators every year."

ak06max

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
ChiSportsFan wrote:

Our offense has talent?

Yeah 14 points a game. Thats talent right? lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-1225-bits-bears-chicago--20121225,0,4708020.story

Quote:
Jay Cutler's disdain for Mike Martz was pretty evident at the end of last season even if the quarterback never publicly spoke against the offensive coordinator.

Given a chance to lobby for yet another play-caller next season, Cutler said on the "Waddle & Silvy Show" Monday on WMVP-AM 1000 that would make things more difficult for the Bears. The offense has been rocky in Mike Tice's first season in the position, and Cutler is coming off a poor performance against the Cardinals in which he completed one of his first 11 passes and threw for only 146 yards.

"You hope not," Cutler said. "It's hard for an offense and for a quarterback to get where you want to be and be consistent on a weekly basis if you're changing coordinators every year."

I dont think Cutler would be rooting for Mike Tice to stay if he found out Bates was being promoted (if that ends up happening) Laughing

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
bears2308

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
ChiSportsFan wrote:

Our offense has talent?

Yeah 14 points a game. Thats talent right? lol

Good QB, 2 good rb's, an all-star receiver and a promising rookie isn't talented? We need about 2 more pieces on the o-line along with a TE and our offense is pretty damn good...

Still, Tice and co. should've been able to perform at a higher level with the talent already in place.
Sr7252

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Bates is particularly the answer, we need a young guy with a modern scheme. But then again idk Bates scheme in SEA
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most damning thing to me is not the pathetic Oline play, it is the playcalling and schemes we run. Tice is easily as clueless as Martz was at recognizing what we can and can't do on offense. I saw Cutler roll out twice 3 games ago, and I nearly fell out of my chair. He had forever to throw, and no one in front of him blocking his line of sight or throwing lanes. Have I seen any roll outs since, OF COURSE NOT! How stupid to think that might happen again. Brick wall That is one of a bevvy of stupid calls, and unoriginal formations and plays.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: