Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

null
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sr7252

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:
It's a frustrating situation because we all know Lovie won't be unemployed long and if he goes to a team like the Browns I'm sure they'll actually not keep Lovie from managing the team in every way.

He'll make a team good, I think we all know that. But what else can you do but replace him at this point.
None of that is true. He might make a team's defense a little better but who in their right mind thinks he is going to create a good offense when every bit of evidence says just the opposite. Smith will not get a new head coaching job from any serious organization. Maybe some idiot outfit like the Cardinals.

False
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2012/12/brandon_marshall_matt_forte_st.html

Yeah this is a guy we should fire...

Quote:
"I've had different head coaches. But if it was up to me, I don't want another coach. I'd run through a brick wall for him, and that's the same way with every other guy in the locker room," Brandon Marshall said of Smith. "Amazing man, amazing coach. We just need to get some things together in certain areas."

Quote:
Added running back Matt Forte, "I'd run through a steel wall for him.

"He's a great coach."

Disagreeing with other fans is one thing but when two of your top players back the coach so strongly you have to take note of that...especially when you know there is a roster full who would back them up.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(That's how it's always been. Chicago fans just ignant)
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
(That's how it's always been. Chicago fans just ignant)

I didn't know you were from the deep South
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

Quote:
"I've had different head coaches. But if it was up to me, I don't want another coach. I'd run through a brick wall for him, and that's the same way with every other guy in the locker room," Brandon Marshall said of Smith. "Amazing man, amazing coach. We just need to get some things together in certain areas."

Quote:

"He's a great coach."

Disagreeing with other fans is one thing but when two of your top players back the coach so strongly you have to take note of that...especially when you know there is a roster full who would back them up.

It's a business, it doesn't work like that. It's not a popularity contest. Phil Emery is smart enough to know not to be influenced on coaching decisions based of several players opinions. It doesn't mean anything IMO that they said that, I wouldn't expect them to say any different. He's a "popular" coach amongst the players, like I said, that shouldn't be enough to keep your job. This whole thing should be real interesting how it plays out...

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Athelite wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Athelite wrote:
I've always loved Jay back to his denver days, but he really is starting to wear on me. Why can't he have better stats than a damn rookie for crying out loud?? I mean 3000 yards?? In this day and age, that is pathetic for a starting QB. I know I know, what if he had a good offensive line or receivers, well he finally got his receiver and he didn't put up really big numbers and Aaron Rodgers has had a horrible offensive line and still puts up mind-blowing numbers.

I really wonder what kind of money Cutler is expecting becuase he sure as hell hasn't earned a top 10 QB contract going by the numbers..
You need to go back to the " is Jay the answer" thread. Jay's yardage totals are pretty much all about the # of attempts.
okay, what about TDs? or decreasing INTs? RG3, Luck , and Wilson ALL had more TD's, I mean really?
he only threw 14 INTs on the year, do you know who threw less INTs this year? As for TDs, going into this game he had had 7 passes hit targets in the hands in the endzone that were dropped. Today he threw 3 passes that should have been TDs that were not completed. You are talking about the difference of 19 TDs and 29 TDs.
If you are referring to the Davis throw - that was never going to be caught and was a bad pass. Or the one to Marshall on the sideline - that would have been a miraculous catch. But the real point is EVERY QB has drops so big deal. Cutler did not have a particularly great day by any means.
His 96 QB rating says completely otherwise, but ok, sure. Again you show you know less and less about football.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
The elephant in the room here was the passing game. There were huge expectations for the passing offense this year, and besides #15 it fell wayyyyy short.

Why is that? Some people say the playcalling. At the same time, lets not forget that Alshon Jeffery, Earl Bennett, Devin Hester, and Kellen Davis were all supposed to be huge contributors this year, and all four of them were incredibly underwhelming for a number of reasons.

This was supposed to be a season where Jay was going to have more weapons, but that's not how it played out.
I tried to tell everyone that we would miss Knox big time and that is how it played out. If he had been there to stretch the field the other WRs would have kicked butt.

I figured Jeffery would be about 500 yds and thought Davis might be close to that but never counted on Hester or Bennett who seemed to disappear most of the year. Today he looked great. But is it real? We still need to draft a WR.
We didn't miss Johnny Knox one bit, not one bit. There is nothing Johnny would have brought us this year, he just would have had the least catches on the team and probably never even made it to begin with.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

"He's a great coach."

It's a business, it doesn't work like that. It's not a popularity contest. Phil Emery is smart enough to know not to be influenced on coaching decisions based of several players opinions. It doesn't mean anything IMO that they said that, I wouldn't expect them to say any different. He's a "popular" coach amongst the players, like I said, that shouldn't be enough to keep your job. This whole thing should be real interesting how it plays out...
This isn't a few players, its the entire locker room, hell its the entire NFL. The guy is one of the most respected coaches in all the NFL. If Emery is going to pull the plug on that he better make damn sure he is getting the right guy, and also better make sure its somebody that will be equally respected, otherwise he'll find himself going out the door w/ him.

But its pointless talk b/c Lovie isn't getting fired anyway.

OneBadCat wrote:
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not about how much you are loved and respected, you are judged by whiff appearances and Susprbowls.

Tony Dungy was fired in Tampa after 3 seasons in the playoffs and he was one of the most loved coaches of all time and he is incredibly respected. But he could not win in the playoffs.

It worked out well for the Bucs.

The NFL is not a nice guy competition.
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
The elephant in the room here was the passing game. There were huge expectations for the passing offense this year, and besides #15 it fell wayyyyy short.

Why is that? Some people say the playcalling. At the same time, lets not forget that Alshon Jeffery, Earl Bennett, Devin Hester, and Kellen Davis were all supposed to be huge contributors this year, and all four of them were incredibly underwhelming for a number of reasons.

This was supposed to be a season where Jay was going to have more weapons, but that's not how it played out.
I tried to tell everyone that we would miss Knox big time and that is how it played out. If he had been there to stretch the field the other WRs would have kicked butt.

I figured Jeffery would be about 500 yds and thought Davis might be close to that but never counted on Hester or Bennett who seemed to disappear most of the year. Today he looked great. But is it real? We still need to draft a WR.
We didn't miss Johnny Knox one bit, not one bit. There is nothing Johnny would have brought us this year, he just would have had the least catches on the team and probably never even made it to begin with.
God this is one of the stupidest posts I've ever read on here.

Knox would've been our #2 producer if he was never injured.

The blind hate for Knox and blind love for Bennett is a joke. I'd kill for a speed threat on this team to complete our receiving core.
51to54

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
How can people say that we have improved and in the same breath say the only reason we were not in the playoffs last season was because Cutler got hurt. You cannot have it both ways.

Last season we were 8-8 Cutler missed 6 games.

This season we were 10-6 and Cutler missed 1.5 games.

The way I look at it we would have been at least 10-6 last season with games against KC, Oak and Den.

So we didn't really improve Cutler was healthier and we were equally average.
Good point.

Good point indeed. I'm surprised at how long it took for someone to point out the falsehood in the improved from last season line.

I've also read the line that at the start of this season fans would have taken a 10-6 record as a very good season. Well, not all 10-6 records are the same. A 10-6 with a couple of quality wins against playoff teams is better than a 10-6 with a solid record against non-playoff caliber type teams. Teams you WON'T be playing in the playoffs. A 10-6 where you stumble out of the gate at 1-5 and then finish 9-1 is hugely better than starting 7-1 and then go 3-5 and lose key games to four teams that pushed you out of the playoffs.

Emery needs to do a Buddy Ryan on Lovie, but on the offensive side of the ball because LoveAngel doesn't know how to pick an OC any better than it picked first round offensive tackles.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Fox Sports...

10. Lovie Smith, Chicago Bears

2012 record: 10-6

The Bears started the year 7-1 and missed the playoffs. They started last year 7-3 and did the same. Chicago has a new GM in Phil Emery. He doesn’t have the same longtime history with Smith as former GM Jerry Angelo did. The Bears didn’t come prepared to play in Minnesota a few weeks back and shouldn’t have lost to Seattle. Those games cost them the playoff berth, not the ones to Green Bay.

Potential replacement: Pete Carmichael, New Orleans offensive coordinator

Jay Cutler’s the quarterback of the future, but Mike Tice certainly isn’t the offensive coordinator of the future. Carmichael could install the offense the Saints run in New Orleans and, hopefully, get some more out of the wretched Bears offensive line. Carmichael’s a protégé of both Marty Schottenheimer and Sean Payton. He has been coaching in the NFL since 2000. The talent is there on offense. Carmichael would make sense if Lovie’s shown the door.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
It is not about how much you are loved and respected, you are judged by whiff appearances and Susprbowls.

Tony Dungy was fired in Tampa after 3 seasons in the playoffs and he was one of the most loved coaches of all time and he is incredibly respected. But he could not win in the playoffs.

It worked out well for the Bucs.

The NFL is not a nice guy competition.
The Dungy firing was one of the stupidest and most botched firings in the history of football and you want to bring it up here???

Since its obvious you have 0 clue about what you are talking about, allow me to educate you. Tony Dungy was fired following a wildcard playoff loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, the very Eagles team that went on to lose to the STL Rams in the NFCCG that year (the first of 4 straight NFCCG appearances for the Eagles). Dungy was fired b/c the longtime owner of the Bucs had passed ownership on to his sons, the Glazer bros. While Tony is in the midst of a playoff run, behind his and the president of the team's (Rich McKay) back the Glazer bros reach out to emissaries for Bill Parcells and offer him the HC job, which would also mean that he would have control over personnel decisions (basically taking Rich McKay's job as well). Parcells then let's that rumor leak the night before the playoff game!!!! That's right ownership had created a completely unneccessary distraction the night before the playoff game. Oh but it gets better, after the loss Dungy goes to McKay and asks what's up. McKay's response, he has no idea. It wasn't his decision. 2 days after the playoff loss Dungy is a FA. Then Parcells that weekend announces that he is NOT taking the Bucs job. Oops on the Glazer's. Tony Dungy is almost immediately hired by the Colts (who desperately needed somebody to improve their defense) and the Bucs are sitting w/o a coach for nearly a month. They had fired the winningest coach in franchise history, the coach that had taken them from a laughing stock of a franchise. The perrennial cellar dweller in the NFC Central, and turned them in to a powerhouse team that won nearly every game that the offense scored 17+ points. The reasoning behind the firing, b/c Dungy couldn't seem to get the offense right (stop me when this sounds familiar). After Oakland loses the AFCCG rumors start spreading that Jon Gruden and Al Davis are at odds. The Glazers have put themselves in a position where NO ONE WANTS TO EVEN INTERVIEW for their HC job b/c they just screwed over one of the most respected HCs in the entire NFL. So w/ their hands basically tied they fork over 2 first round picks to Oakland to acquire Jon Gruden. Let me say that again, they gave up 2 FIRST ROUND PICKS to get a coach, after sending the winningest coach in franchise history packing. Gruden comes in and is basically told by McKay don't screw up what we already have here, just add to it. The offense that was rated 26th in 2001, surprise, surprise was rated 24th in 2002. Gruden literally did nothing to improve the offense. The defense however went from #6 to #1. Jon Gruden literally did nothing to make that team better. He simply took over a SuperBowl ready team, and got them to where they were probably going to go no matter who the HC was. But it doesn't stop there. Rich McKay leaves Tampa disgusted w/ the whole Glazer fiasco, goes to ATL and builds another perrennial playoff contender taking Warrick Dunn w/ him. Jon Gruden systematically disassembles the team. They go from 12-4 to 7-9 to 5-11. Jon Gruden alienates players and coaches alike. Allowing Rod Marinelli to jump ship to Detroit, Sapp to Oakland, Keyshawn to Dallas. Only Derrick Brooks and Ronde Barber along w/ Monte Kiffin remain from a SuperBowl winning defense just 3 years after winning it all. Meanwhile Dungy's Colts go from 6-10 the year before he arrives to 10-6, to 12-4 and perrenial SuperBowl contenders making multiple AFCCG appearances, and of course Dungy winning the SuperBowl in 2006.

Who ended up better? Yeah Dungy and the Colts. Meanwhile the Glazers have hired 3 coaches since Gruden and the Bucs haven't made the playoffs since 2007, only twice since 2002, and only 1 and done wildcard appearances.

OneBadCat wrote:
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

God this is one of the stupidest posts I've ever read on here.

Knox would've been our #2 producer if he was never injured.

The blind hate for Knox and blind love for Bennett is a joke. I'd kill for a speed threat on this team to complete our receiving core.
Knox would have had no place on this team. Jeffery was our #2 and deservedly so. Knox doesn't play STs other than return KOs so he doesn't take Hester or Weems spot, and he can't play in the slot so he doesn't take Bennett's spot. He doesn't have a place on this team. Now w/ Joe Anderson emerging on STs he really has no chance at the making the roster.

OneBadCat wrote:
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet: #Bears assistants are freaking out inside the building. Coach Lovie Smith's status is "not looking good." Decision time for #Bears.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: