Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

null
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sr7252

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: null Reply with quote

null

Last edited by Sr7252 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have made the playoffs 1/6 seasons.

We have made the playoffs 33% of Lovie's years.

That is unacceptable.
abdi7451

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm mad.

Shoutouts to Delphi on the sig!

Adopt-a-Bear: Matt Blanchard l QB l #4 l P-Squad
SLCbear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, Viqueens will get smoked by at least 3 TDs next week!!

Lovie's not the problem, it's Tice
Tice is so predictable and uncreative ....he's just not a smart man!! He has to go, but we need to make the most of the new hire to ensure some continuity for Cutler over the next few seasons at least... Im not 100% opposed to letting Lovie go, but just dont think there are any significantly better HC options available.

*Dump Tice
*Beef up the O-line
*Get slot and pass catching TE threats
*keep building overall quality depth

We dont have all our picks of course, but between the draft and FA we should be able to get all of these accomplished.

Last edited by SLCbear on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few plays throughout the season cost us the chance to control our own destiny. I'm upset, but let's not lose sight that we just went 10-6. It sux that we are out, but let's not act like we just went 4-12 either.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where does this put the Bears in terms of draft position?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abdi7451 wrote:
I'm mad.

I am not even mad.

I am embarrassed and disappointed and I cannot continue to care so much about a team where I have no faith in their leadership.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
Where does this put the Bears in terms of draft position?

20 I believe

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Sr7252

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good point, Lovie hasn't lead us into the playoffs much and for that I think he needs to be kicked out.

If Reid is getting fired in a season where he's lost his son, I don't see the justification for keeping Lovie.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
That's a good point, Lovie hasn't lead us into the playoffs much and for that I think he needs to be kicked out.

If Reid is getting fired in a season where he's lost his son, I don't see the justification for keeping Lovie.

Lovie…10-6
Reid…4-12

Big difference.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The title of this thread makes me depressed Sad

Gut-wrenching and heartbreaking are the words I would use to describe today's events.

I've not given my take on the Lovie situation on here, mostly because I hadn't made my mind up. But I'm going on the record now as I want him to stay. Firing a 10-6 coach would be extremely harsh, I also think too much is being made of the 7-1 start and the run of losses. We were never a great team, we are just a good team, and at the start of the year we played a lot of average or below teams, in the run of defeats we played a lot of above average teams. Just look at the six teams we lost to:
Packers x2 (11-5)
Vikings (10-6)
Seahawks (11-5)
49ers (11-4-1)
Texans (12-4)

We were always going to struggle against those teams, it just so happened that we played the majority of those in quick succession, making it look like we had completely lost it and fallen apart. If we had won a couple, lost one, won a couple, lost one... etc all year then I think the mood around the place would be much better, it's just the way the schedule fell this year.

I'm also a believer in that you get nowhere in sport without continuity. Yes I know some of you will say that Lovie has been here for years and we have tried the continuity route, but firing a head coach following 10-6 would be a poor decision. We should continue with Lovie for 2013, see if the team can improve (which I believe it can) and we should still make the Playoffs next year.

Basically, the 7-1 start and winning against poor teams heightened everyone's expectations. I predicted at the start of the year we would go 10-6 and we have done, to not get in to the Playoffs after 10 wins is extremely unlucky and Lovie deserves another shot in 2013.

Although I do think Mike Tice needs to go. I would be worried about Cutler having to learn a new playbook again but this offense is just putrid and we would be better off with a new OC. That is the one change I would make.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 12 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 0
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emery has a very tough decision to make. I wouldnt be surprised either way. Although an extension seems to definitely be off the table.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:

Its best for everybody for Andy and the Eagles to part ways. His voice has gone stale in the locker room, and his management of the team caused the tremendous downfall they've suffered in the last 2 years. It's just time there.

The Bears on the other hand are the best team not in the playoffs, they improved 2 games over last years record, Lovie still has not finished below 7-9 since 2004 and in the last 3 seasons the Bears are 29-17. If you look at games where the starting QB has been in place, that becomes 26-12.

Everyone needs to remember, Emery stated his evaluation would be based on our progression towards achieving our goals, there is no question we progressed this year, and we also found out that our OL is a big detriment to the team, but we have the skill position players in place on the offense.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The conversation starts and ends with,

We have been to the playoffs 1 time in 6 years that is 16% of the time.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:

Its best for everybody for Andy and the Eagles to part ways. His voice has gone stale in the locker room, and his management of the team caused the tremendous downfall they've suffered in the last 2 years. It's just time there.

The Bears on the other hand are the best team not in the playoffs, they improved 2 games over last years record, Lovie still has not finished below 7-9 since 2004 and in the last 3 seasons the Bears are 29-17. If you look at games where the starting QB has been in place, that becomes 26-12.

Everyone needs to remember, Emery stated his evaluation would be based on our progression towards achieving our goals, there is no question we progressed this year, and we also found out that our OL is a big detriment to the team, but we have the skill position players in place on the offense.

What are Emery's goals Superman? Thats just pure speculation right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: