Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

null
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Athelite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always loved Jay back to his denver days, but he really is starting to wear on me. Why can't he have better stats than a damn rookie for crying out loud?? I mean 3000 yards?? In this day and age, that is pathetic for a starting QB. I know I know, what if he had a good offensive line or receivers, well he finally got his receiver and he didn't put up really big numbers and Aaron Rodgers has had a horrible offensive line and still puts up mind-blowing numbers.

I really wonder what kind of money Cutler is expecting becuase he sure as hell hasn't earned a top 10 QB contract going by the numbers..

^Takeonme^
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athelite wrote:
I've always loved Jay back to his denver days, but he really is starting to wear on me. Why can't he have better stats than a damn rookie for crying out loud?? I mean 3000 yards?? In this day and age, that is pathetic for a starting QB. I know I know, what if he had a good offensive line or receivers, well he finally got his receiver and he didn't put up really big numbers and Aaron Rodgers has had a horrible offensive line and still puts up mind-blowing numbers.

I really wonder what kind of money Cutler is expecting becuase he sure as hell hasn't earned a top 10 QB contract going by the numbers..
You need to go back to the " is Jay the answer" thread. Jay's yardage totals are pretty much all about the # of attempts.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Athelite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Athelite wrote:

You need to go back to the " is Jay the answer" thread. Jay's yardage totals are pretty much all about the # of attempts.
okay, what about TDs? or decreasing INTs? RG3, Luck , and Wilson ALL had more TD's, I mean really?

^Takeonme^
Sr7252

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you hire Reid at OC, get a young QB to compete with Jay like Flynn or Cousins, get Chip or O Brien at HC, and hope you keep Marinelli.

If you lose Rod, then unrealistically try to get Lovie to move to Def Coord.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
I think you hire Reid at OC, get a young QB to compete with Jay like Flynn or Cousins, get Chip or O Brien at HC, and hope you keep Marinelli.

If you lose Rod, then unrealistically try to get Lovie to move to Def Coord.

Andy Ried is not going to take an OC job.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athelite wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Athelite wrote:

okay, what about TDs? or decreasing INTs? RG3, Luck , and Wilson ALL had more TD's, I mean really?

What QB is currently available who is better than Jay? He's not the problem here.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 29 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 1
Sr7252

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why wouldn't he? He'd do well with some downtime from the craziness of coaching & he's a close friend with Lovie.
Athelite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
Athelite wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Athelite wrote:

What QB is currently available who is better than Jay? He's not the problem here.
like I said, I love Jay, always have always will. Only jersey I've every bought, but I just expect so much from him and he disappoints every year. I want to be able to have confidence when I try to defend Cutler from all the Cutler haters but when they tell me about his lack of stats I have no answer.

^Takeonme^
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athelite wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Athelite wrote:

he only threw 14 INTs on the year, do you know who threw less INTs this year? As for TDs, going into this game he had had 7 passes hit targets in the hands in the endzone that were dropped. Today he threw 3 passes that should have been TDs that were not completed. You are talking about the difference of 19 TDs and 29 TDs.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Sr7252

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athelite wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Athelite wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Athelite wrote:

like I said, I love Jay, always have always will. Only jersey I've every bought, but I just expect so much from him and he disappoints every year. I want to be able to have confidence when I try to defend Cutler from all the Cutler haters but when they tell me about his lack of stats I have no answer.

I want to do the same cause Jay is awesome.
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athelite wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Athelite wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Athelite wrote:

Your answer is that stats don't matter a hill of beans. Megatron put up stupid good numbers. Look how that turned out. They're 4-12 and absolutely attrocious. AD has run for over 2k yards. They'll get bounced first round of the playoffs. This isn't Madden. All the stats do is give uneducated meatheads a way to say, "My team's better than yours!"

And even if you really really want to argue stats for some unknown reason, Cutler was knocked out of or didn't play 3 games this year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even using the eyeball test Cutler is not cutting it. Too many interceptions too many missed throws. Not fully reading the plays zoning in on one guy etc etc

I'm not advocating letting him go, but lets start grooming another qb.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLCbear wrote:
Yea, Viqueens will get smoked by at least 3 TDs next week!!

Lovie's not the problem, it's Tice
Tice is so predictable and uncreative ....he's just not a smart man!! He has to go, but we need to make the most of the new hire to ensure some continuity for Cutler over the next few seasons at least... Im not 100% opposed to letting Lovie go, but just dont think there are any significantly better HC options available.

*Dump Tice
*Beef up the O-line
*Get slot and pass catching TE threats
*keep building overall quality depth

We dont have all our picks of course, but between the draft and FA we should be able to get all of these accomplished.
Make no mistake this is a Lovie Smith team with a Lovie Smith offense. Under his tenure we have AVERAGED the 31st best offense, year in, year out, OC 1, OC2, OC3, OC1000. At some point you have to address the root of the problem not those hired by him.

You can never overcome his inabilities with the offense no matter WHO is the OC. He is half a head coach. No matter how good his defenses are his inept offenses cancel them out when playing a good team.

Look at today's game. We played the stupidest team in the league and barely ecked out a victory, OVER THE STUPIDEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Even using the eyeball test Cutler is not cutting it. Too many interceptions too many missed throws. Not fully reading the plays zoning in on one guy etc etc

I'm not advocating letting him go, but lets start grooming another qb.

Like who?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
Athelite wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Athelite wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Athelite wrote:

Your answer is that stats don't matter a hill of beans. Megatron put up stupid good numbers. Look how that turned out. They're 4-12 and absolutely attrocious. AD has run for over 2k yards. They'll get bounced first round of the playoffs. This isn't Madden. All the stats do is give uneducated meatheads a way to say, "My team's better than yours!"

And even if you really really want to argue stats for some unknown reason, Cutler was knocked out of or didn't play 3 games this year.

THANK YOU.

Shoutouts to Delphi on the sig!

Adopt-a-Bear: Matt Blanchard l QB l #4 l P-Squad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: