Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

null
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5646
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
We have made the playoffs 1/6 seasons.

We have made the playoffs 33% of Lovie's years.

That is unacceptable.
This team has never EVER made the playoffs with Brandon Marshall on the team. HE MUST GO!


That doesn't address the argument so thank you for taking away from the conversation.

We went to the Superbowl in 2006 and some that point we have made the playoffs 1 time in the next 6 years that cannot be accepted.
That still doesn't mean we have to fire our head coach. Did the Dolphins cut Dan Marino when he couldn't lead them to the SB? What about Barry Sanders? You put more talent on this team and get a real OC and we're a SB contender.

You just want Lovie fired.

We we're a team with the arrow pointing down before we traded for Cutler. We have finally assembled a team with a good D AND a QB, RB, WRs. We have a few glaring holes but we can rebuild. You don't start over when you're as good as we are.


How good are we?

We have been to the playoffs 1 time in 6 years. My definition of good team means winning your division or making the playoffs.

We are an average team and that is not good enough.
What we did 6 years ago has nothing to do with how good we are now. We are a good team. We lost to good teams. Also 3 of our losses came with Cutler either not playing or being knocked out of the game. If we invest in the OL we make the playoffs.

That is the arguement for keeping Lovie.

But I heard the same thing,

1. If the Bears fix the QB position they make the playoffs, enter Jay Cutler.

2. If the Bears get a #1 WR they make the playoffs, enter Brandon Marshall.

So add OL to the list and we will continue to wait for this elusive playoff appearance.
So firing Lovie wins us a SB? Puts us in the playoffs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sr7252


Joined: 20 Dec 2012
Posts: 144
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a frustrating situation because we all know Lovie won't be unemployed long and if he goes to a team like the Browns I'm sure they'll actually not keep Lovie from managing the team in every way.

He'll make a team good, I think we all know that. But what else can you do but replace him at this point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19294
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
We have made the playoffs 1/6 seasons.

We have made the playoffs 33% of Lovie's years.

That is unacceptable.
This team has never EVER made the playoffs with Brandon Marshall on the team. HE MUST GO!


That doesn't address the argument so thank you for taking away from the conversation.

We went to the Superbowl in 2006 and some that point we have made the playoffs 1 time in the next 6 years that cannot be accepted.
That still doesn't mean we have to fire our head coach. Did the Dolphins cut Dan Marino when he couldn't lead them to the SB? What about Barry Sanders? You put more talent on this team and get a real OC and we're a SB contender.

You just want Lovie fired.

We we're a team with the arrow pointing down before we traded for Cutler. We have finally assembled a team with a good D AND a QB, RB, WRs. We have a few glaring holes but we can rebuild. You don't start over when you're as good as we are.


How good are we?

We have been to the playoffs 1 time in 6 years. My definition of good team means winning your division or making the playoffs.

We are an average team and that is not good enough.
What we did 6 years ago has nothing to do with how good we are now. We are a good team. We lost to good teams. Also 3 of our losses came with Cutler either not playing or being knocked out of the game. If we invest in the OL we make the playoffs.

That is the arguement for keeping Lovie.

But I heard the same thing,

1. If the Bears fix the QB position they make the playoffs, enter Jay Cutler.

2. If the Bears get a #1 WR they make the playoffs, enter Brandon Marshall.

So add OL to the list and we will continue to wait for this elusive playoff appearance.
We just made the playoffs 2 years ago, if we don't lose Jay Matt for 6 and 5 games we make it last year. So many things could have gone different this year, one of which was a bad call today that gave the Vikes a TD b/c GB didn't have any TOs to challenge.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19294
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Say they keep Lovie Smith on but get rid of Tice. That would put the Bears in the same exact position as last year. Who would want to go to Chicago and take the OC job. It happened last year, and they ended up promoting Tice.


If they fire Tice then i bet Bates is promoted.


I'm still on the fence about if Lovie should keep his job or not. But i think a culture change would be good.
I think a culture change is the last thing this team needs. The players LOVE Lovie Smith b/c of his culture he's established. The players are treated like men. We have a VERY veteran team, not a team full of youngsters who need a Tom Coughlin kind of guy. The players know whats expected of them and disappointing Smith is like disappointing their father. You've never heard 1, not 1 bad thing ever said about Lovie Smith by a player or coach in the entire NFL. Let's also not forget how well Brandon Marshall has behaved since he's been here, likely a direct result of interaction w/ Lovie Smith and the culture he's established.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9890
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
We have made the playoffs 1/6 seasons.

We have made the playoffs 33% of Lovie's years.

That is unacceptable.
This team has never EVER made the playoffs with Brandon Marshall on the team. HE MUST GO!


That doesn't address the argument so thank you for taking away from the conversation.

We went to the Superbowl in 2006 and some that point we have made the playoffs 1 time in the next 6 years that cannot be accepted.
That still doesn't mean we have to fire our head coach. Did the Dolphins cut Dan Marino when he couldn't lead them to the SB? What about Barry Sanders? You put more talent on this team and get a real OC and we're a SB contender.

You just want Lovie fired.

We we're a team with the arrow pointing down before we traded for Cutler. We have finally assembled a team with a good D AND a QB, RB, WRs. We have a few glaring holes but we can rebuild. You don't start over when you're as good as we are.


How good are we?

We have been to the playoffs 1 time in 6 years. My definition of good team means winning your division or making the playoffs.

We are an average team and that is not good enough.
What we did 6 years ago has nothing to do with how good we are now. We are a good team. We lost to good teams. Also 3 of our losses came with Cutler either not playing or being knocked out of the game. If we invest in the OL we make the playoffs.

That is the arguement for keeping Lovie.

But I heard the same thing,

1. If the Bears fix the QB position they make the playoffs, enter Jay Cutler.

2. If the Bears get a #1 WR they make the playoffs, enter Brandon Marshall.

So add OL to the list and we will continue to wait for this elusive playoff appearance.
We just made the playoffs 2 years ago, if we don't lose Jay Matt for 6 and 5 games we make it last year. So many things could have gone different this year, one of which was a bad call today that gave the Vikes a TD b/c GB didn't have any TOs to challenge.


Do you get a Superbowl ring for excuses?
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Athelite


Joined: 01 Aug 2012
Posts: 1362
Location: #1 Russell Wilson fan #HOF
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
It's a frustrating situation because we all know Lovie won't be unemployed long and if he goes to a team like the Browns I'm sure they'll actually not keep Lovie from managing the team in every way.

He'll make a team good, I think we all know that. But what else can you do but replace him at this point.
he MIGHT make a good team, but he will never have a GREAT team. He knows NOTHING about offense, has no concept of game management, and he's ridiculously conservative(Im still livid he decided to play prevent defense that whole final drive of the seattle game, which cost us the playoffs IMO).
_________________

^Takeonme^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nads786


Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Posts: 4176
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firing Lovie for the sake of firing someone is pretty dumb..

Would you have fired Cowher for losing game after game to the Pats in the early 00s?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19294
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
We have made the playoffs 1/6 seasons.

We have made the playoffs 33% of Lovie's years.

That is unacceptable.
This team has never EVER made the playoffs with Brandon Marshall on the team. HE MUST GO!


That doesn't address the argument so thank you for taking away from the conversation.

We went to the Superbowl in 2006 and some that point we have made the playoffs 1 time in the next 6 years that cannot be accepted.
That still doesn't mean we have to fire our head coach. Did the Dolphins cut Dan Marino when he couldn't lead them to the SB? What about Barry Sanders? You put more talent on this team and get a real OC and we're a SB contender.

You just want Lovie fired.

We we're a team with the arrow pointing down before we traded for Cutler. We have finally assembled a team with a good D AND a QB, RB, WRs. We have a few glaring holes but we can rebuild. You don't start over when you're as good as we are.


How good are we?

We have been to the playoffs 1 time in 6 years. My definition of good team means winning your division or making the playoffs.

We are an average team and that is not good enough.
What we did 6 years ago has nothing to do with how good we are now. We are a good team. We lost to good teams. Also 3 of our losses came with Cutler either not playing or being knocked out of the game. If we invest in the OL we make the playoffs.

That is the arguement for keeping Lovie.

But I heard the same thing,

1. If the Bears fix the QB position they make the playoffs, enter Jay Cutler.

2. If the Bears get a #1 WR they make the playoffs, enter Brandon Marshall.

So add OL to the list and we will continue to wait for this elusive playoff appearance.
We just made the playoffs 2 years ago, if we don't lose Jay Matt for 6 and 5 games we make it last year. So many things could have gone different this year, one of which was a bad call today that gave the Vikes a TD b/c GB didn't have any TOs to challenge.


Do you get a Superbowl ring for excuses?
Do you get a SuperBowl ring for firing really good coaches just for the sake of change? Why don't you ask the Chargers how that worked out.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5646
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is similar to Denver under Shanahan. They missed the playoffs when they were rebuilding. Fired Shanahan and brought in the offensive "guru".

The grass isn't always greener.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DABEARSLCF04


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 1398
Location: Eatonia, SK, Canada
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Say they keep Lovie Smith on but get rid of Tice. That would put the Bears in the same exact position as last year. Who would want to go to Chicago and take the OC job. It happened last year, and they ended up promoting Tice.


If they fire Tice then i bet Bates is promoted.


I'm still on the fence about if Lovie should keep his job or not. But i think a culture change would be good.
I think a culture change is the last thing this team needs. The players LOVE Lovie Smith b/c of his culture he's established. The players are treated like men. We have a VERY veteran team, not a team full of youngsters who need a Tom Coughlin kind of guy. The players know whats expected of them and disappointing Smith is like disappointing their father. You've never heard 1, not 1 bad thing ever said about Lovie Smith by a player or coach in the entire NFL. Let's also not forget how well Brandon Marshall has behaved since he's been here, likely a direct result of interaction w/ Lovie Smith and the culture he's established.


I get where your coming from. And i would not be mad if Lovie stays as HC, i would also be not mad if Lovie got canned.

I still think a culture change would be a good thing in Chicago, but if that does not happen, all hail Lovie for another year.
_________________

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
22att for 97 yards 4.4avg. HALL OF FAME!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5646
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are we 100% sure we can hire that we're 100% sure is better then Lovie?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19294
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
This is similar to Denver under Shanahan. They missed the playoffs when they were rebuilding. Fired Shanahan and brought in the offensive "guru".

The grass isn't always greener.
Yeah only difference is Shanahan refused to make changes. Was told if he wanted to stay that Bob Slowik was out, refused to fire Bob, so he got fired. But they basically had the exact situation on the opposite side of the ball, their defense was absolutely attrocious. They had all the pieces in place on offense and needed a drastic overhaul on defense. We don't even need a drastic overhaul on offense, just to fix the damn OL
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sr7252


Joined: 20 Dec 2012
Posts: 144
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there's anyone we definitely know will make us better. Especially in the college ranks. There's a lot of factors now. O Line, WRs, TE, and whether u agree or not QB.

I say QB because what if we have a solid O line but Jay no longer has the confidence or whatnot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19294
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
I don't think there's anyone we definitely know will make us better. Especially in the college ranks. There's a lot of factors now. O Line, WRs, TE, and whether u agree or not QB.

I say QB because what if we have a solid O line but Jay no longer has the confidence or whatnot.
Have you seen Jay Cutler?? One thing Jay has never lacked is confidence.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5646
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
I don't think there's anyone we definitely know will make us better. Especially in the college ranks. There's a lot of factors now. O Line, WRs, TE, and whether u agree or not QB.

I say QB because what if we have a solid O line but Jay no longer has the confidence or whatnot.
I think we'll take that risk and keep Jay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group