Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

null
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad Biggs‏@BradBiggs

#Bears announce player availability Monday at Halas Hall begins at 11. No time given for a Lovie Smith press conference. Read into it?
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Bearsfan9310 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
No one is doubting that he wants to win a SB Superman. The speculation comes in to play on whether he likes the direction of this team right now.
He's an educated man so I have to believe he thinks improving by 2 games is progression. His decision comes down to whether he believes that talent or coaching is the problem. He came in and w/ 1 real change on the roster got 2 more wins. There was a major talent gap when he took over he knows that. Here's the question I have for all the Lovie haters, if the Bears have even an AVERAGE OL do they win that 1 extra game they needed this year?

Yes they could have made the playoffs with an average OL. But think about the overall picture. We started 7-1 and MISSED the playoffs. Everyone talked about the Bears being Super Bowl contenders at 7-1 and now what? We collapsed. Play-calling has sucked. The offense has been predictable. We didn't win enough against good teams. Sure, 10-6 is a good record. But what about our hyped up 13-3 or 12-4? It didn't happen.
Play calling was horrendous, no doubt. I have been screaming from the top of my lungs that Tice needs to run the football. Let's not forget 2 things here tho, 1) Tice's hire was universally lauded. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY thought it was a bad decision. None of us had any clue that a run game coordinator, OL coach would simply refuse to run the football. 2) Tice was completely hamstrung by a bottom 3 OL this year.

If I'm making the decision I extend Lovie for 2 years, keep Tice in place. Fix the OL thru both FA and the draft. And make it known that Lovie has to get to the playoffs next year. If I'm Lovie I then tell Tice I expect #22 to touch the football 20-25 times a game and anything less is unacceptable. If we get 3 games in and it ain't happening, Tice you go back to OL coach and Bates takes over playcalling.

That sounds completely out of the question now.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
We have made the playoffs 1/6 seasons.

We have made the playoffs 33% of Lovie's years.

That is unacceptable.
This team has never EVER made the playoffs with Brandon Marshall on the team. HE MUST GO!

That doesn't address the argument so thank you for taking away from the conversation.

We went to the Superbowl in 2006 and some that point we have made the playoffs 1 time in the next 6 years that cannot be accepted.
That still doesn't mean we have to fire our head coach. Did the Dolphins cut Dan Marino when he couldn't lead them to the SB? What about Barry Sanders? You put more talent on this team and get a real OC and we're a SB contender.

You just want Lovie fired.

We we're a team with the arrow pointing down before we traded for Cutler. We have finally assembled a team with a good D AND a QB, RB, WRs. We have a few glaring holes but we can rebuild. You don't start over when you're as good as we are.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
I'm sure you all know my take by now on what should happen with Lovie. I just don't see how some of you can justify keeping a head coach that guided his team to miss the playoffs after starting the first half of the season 7-1and without any major injuries. It's pretty pathetic and embarrassing. Lovie Smith will never lead this team to a super bowl my friends. The longer they stick with him as head coach the more setback this team will be from reaching their goals.
What crack are you smoking? We lost the best OL, our defensive leader, our backup RB, our all world kicker. We had plenty of significant injuries, hell this doesn't even include the 3 games were missing one of our 2 probowl starting CBs, our 1st and 2nd FS, etc....

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

That is unacceptable.
This team has never EVER made the playoffs with Brandon Marshall on the team. HE MUST GO!

That doesn't address the argument so thank you for taking away from the conversation.

We went to the Superbowl in 2006 and some that point we have made the playoffs 1 time in the next 6 years that cannot be accepted.
That still doesn't mean we have to fire our head coach. Did the Dolphins cut Dan Marino when he couldn't lead them to the SB? What about Barry Sanders? You put more talent on this team and get a real OC and we're a SB contender.

We we're a team with the arrow pointing down before we traded for Cutler. We have finally assembled a team with a good D AND a QB, RB, WRs. We have a few glaring holes but we can rebuild. You don't start over when you're as good as we are.

How good are we?

We have been to the playoffs 1 time in 6 years. My definition of good team means winning your division or making the playoffs.

We are an average team and that is not good enough.

Yes I want Lovie fired because I am tired of watching the playoffs with NO Bears and I am tired of being good enough to be 2nd or 3rd in the division.

Last edited by WindyCity on Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Superman(DH23)

GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Bearsfan9310 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
No one is doubting that he wants to win a SB Superman. The speculation comes in to play on whether he likes the direction of this team right now.
He's an educated man so I have to believe he thinks improving by 2 games is progression. His decision comes down to whether he believes that talent or coaching is the problem. He came in and w/ 1 real change on the roster got 2 more wins. There was a major talent gap when he took over he knows that. Here's the question I have for all the Lovie haters, if the Bears have even an AVERAGE OL do they win that 1 extra game they needed this year?

Yes they could have made the playoffs with an average OL. But think about the overall picture. We started 7-1 and MISSED the playoffs. Everyone talked about the Bears being Super Bowl contenders at 7-1 and now what? We collapsed. Play-calling has sucked. The offense has been predictable. We didn't win enough against good teams. Sure, 10-6 is a good record. But what about our hyped up 13-3 or 12-4? It didn't happen.
Play calling was horrendous, no doubt. I have been screaming from the top of my lungs that Tice needs to run the football. Let's not forget 2 things here tho, 1) Tice's hire was universally lauded. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY thought it was a bad decision. None of us had any clue that a run game coordinator, OL coach would simply refuse to run the football. 2) Tice was completely hamstrung by a bottom 3 OL this year.

If I'm making the decision I extend Lovie for 2 years, keep Tice in place. Fix the OL thru both FA and the draft. And make it known that Lovie has to get to the playoffs next year. If I'm Lovie I then tell Tice I expect #22 to touch the football 20-25 times a game and anything less is unacceptable. If we get 3 games in and it ain't happening, Tice you go back to OL coach and Bates takes over playcalling.

That sounds completely out of the question now.
If he stays he will be extended. They aren't going to ask one of the most respected coaches in the NFL to play out the final year of his contract. It will be low money.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
Bearsfan9310

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Bearsfan9310 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

I liked Tice last year because he was able to improve the OL. To what extent, I don't know. But the OL did improve. Now he's the OC and oline coach and the OL sunk this year again. I'd say there was no improvement because I still saw Cutler scramble around constantly. Tice proved he can't control the offense.

If the OL doesn't improve, running the ball won't get any better. We need to fix this offense and team as a whole. We started off the season winning big and that should have continued. We collapsed miserably and there's no excuse for it.
SLCbear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Bearsfan9310 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Id extend Lovie 2 more years also so he's not a lame duck coach, and we would be an attractive option for the right new OC ....Tice has to go!! I was able to predict his play calls 90+% of the time. If I can do that, then Im sure our opposition can predict his duma$$ even better!
bearsaddict

Superman(DH23) wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
I'm sure you all know my take by now on what should happen with Lovie. I just don't see how some of you can justify keeping a head coach that guided his team to miss the playoffs after starting the first half of the season 7-1and without any major injuries. It's pretty pathetic and embarrassing. Lovie Smith will never lead this team to a super bowl my friends. The longer they stick with him as head coach the more setback this team will be from reaching their goals.
What crack are you smoking? We lost the best OL, our defensive leader, our backup RB, our all world kicker. We had plenty of significant injuries, hell this doesn't even include the 3 games were missing one of our 2 probowl starting CBs, our 1st and 2nd FS, etc....
and games without ourqb
GOGRIESE

Superman(DH23) wrote:

If he stays he will be extended. They aren't going to ask one of the most respected coaches in the NFL to play out the final year of his contract. It will be low money.

Im definitely not going to say anything like that with such certainty. But everything Im hearing its either 1 year contract or gone.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
DaMike

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

That is unacceptable.

How good are we?

We have been to the playoffs 1 time in 6 years. My definition of good team means winning your division or making the playoffs.

What we did 6 years ago has nothing to do with how good we are now. We are a good team. We lost to good teams. Also 3 of our losses came with Cutler either not playing or being knocked out of the game. If we invest in the OL we make the playoffs.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLCbear wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Bearsfan9310 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Id extend Lovie 2 more years also so he's not a lame duck coach, and we would be an attractive option for the right new OC ....Tice has to go!! I was able to predict his play calls 90+% of the time. If I can do that, then Im sure our opposition can predict his duma$$ even better!
I rip that stupid Marshall screen right out of the playbook that's for sure. I know everytime I see Marshall go into motion from the slot that its that stupid play.

OneBadCat wrote:
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

That is unacceptable.

How good are we?

What we did 6 years ago has nothing to do with how good we are now. We are a good team. We lost to good teams. Also 3 of our losses came with Cutler either not playing or being knocked out of the game. If we invest in the OL we make the playoffs.

That is the arguement for keeping Lovie.

But I heard the same thing,

1. If the Bears fix the QB position they make the playoffs, enter Jay Cutler.

2. If the Bears get a #1 WR they make the playoffs, enter Brandon Marshall.

So add OL to the list and we will continue to wait for this elusive playoff appearance.
Athelite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only read the first page of this thread, but I've already seen WAY TOO MANY excuses for that clown, like "well we didn't go 4-12, we went 10-6) HELLO that makes its THAT much worse, how in the hell do you go 10-6 and not make the playoffs? HOW IN THE HELL IS THAT ACCEPTABLE?? OH WAIT, ITS F'N NOT Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

/rant

^Takeonme^
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say they keep Lovie Smith on but get rid of Tice. That would put the Bears in the same exact position as last year. Who would want to go to Chicago and take the OC job. It happened last year, and they ended up promoting Tice.

If they fire Tice then i bet Bates is promoted.

I'm still on the fence about if Lovie should keep his job or not. But i think a culture change would be good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: