Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

null
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:
That's a good point, Lovie hasn't lead us into the playoffs much and for that I think he needs to be kicked out.

If Reid is getting fired in a season where he's lost his son, I don't see the justification for keeping Lovie.
Its best for everybody for Andy and the Eagles to part ways. His voice has gone stale in the locker room, and his management of the team caused the tremendous downfall they've suffered in the last 2 years. It's just time there.

The Bears on the other hand are the best team not in the playoffs, they improved 2 games over last years record, Lovie still has not finished below 7-9 since 2004 and in the last 3 seasons the Bears are 29-17. If you look at games where the starting QB has been in place, that becomes 26-12.

Everyone needs to remember, Emery stated his evaluation would be based on our progression towards achieving our goals, there is no question we progressed this year, and we also found out that our OL is a big detriment to the team, but we have the skill position players in place on the offense.

Agreed on all points.
Nads786

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to identify if this is a coaching issue or a talent issue on offense. Do you believe someone else could produce a better result? Or Tice could produce a better unit with more talent?

I've been thinking about it and I think with Oline talent we could have been a lot better on offense. If you recall Tice was very candid after the SF game saying he can't game plan when his OTs are so inconsistent going from playing average to terrible.

I think we should give Tice another shot with a totally revamped Oline.

We need:

Volmer and at least 2 draft picks towards the Oline and another to TE.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who thinks that we met or didnt meet Emery's goals is blowing smoke. Speculation at its finest.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
The conversation starts and ends with,

We have been to the playoffs 1 time in 6 years that is 16% of the time.
No the conversation starts w/, one of the 3 winningest coaches in team history, followed by never finished below 7-9 since his players were in place and has finished above .500 5/9 years. Then you get to the 1 playoff appearance since 2006, and you have to examine the circumstances behind it. It easily could have been 4 out of the last 6 years as well. Then you have to look at the personnel that's been on the field and ask if the field was even or not. Then you quickly realize it wasn't, that what Lovie did w/ inferior talent the vast majority of his time as an HC has been remarkable and you would be very foolish to let go of a top 5-10 coach.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
I think we need to identify if this is a coaching issue or a talent issue on offense. Do you believe someone else could produce a better result? Or Tice could produce a better unit with more talent?

I've been thinking about it and I think with Oline talent we could have been a lot better on offense. If you recall Tice was very candid after the SF game saying he can't game plan when his OTs are so inconsistent going from playing average to terrible.

We need:

Our offense has been worse this year than it was last, and that's with the introductions of Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery.

I agree that it's very tough to do much behind that O-line but we had a better offense last year with the same offensive line, and worse receivers. Tice has not been good enough IMO.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 12 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 0
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Anyone who thinks that we met or didnt meet Emery's goals is blowing smoke. Speculation at its finest.

Emery's goals were to start fast, collapse and miss the playoffs.

I would like to hope that our GM had higher expectations then simply going 10-6 beating up on crap teams.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

I would like to hope that our GM had higher expectations then simply going 10-6 beating up on crap teams.

Emery stated he wanted to progress toward the goal of winning a championship when he was introduced to the media…are you honestly trying to say we haven’t progressed from where we were in 2011?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:
That's a good point, Lovie hasn't lead us into the playoffs much and for that I think he needs to be kicked out.

If Reid is getting fired in a season where he's lost his son, I don't see the justification for keeping Lovie.
Its best for everybody for Andy and the Eagles to part ways. His voice has gone stale in the locker room, and his management of the team caused the tremendous downfall they've suffered in the last 2 years. It's just time there.

The Bears on the other hand are the best team not in the playoffs, they improved 2 games over last years record, Lovie still has not finished below 7-9 since 2004 and in the last 3 seasons the Bears are 29-17. If you look at games where the starting QB has been in place, that becomes 26-12.

Everyone needs to remember, Emery stated his evaluation would be based on our progression towards achieving our goals, there is no question we progressed this year, and we also found out that our OL is a big detriment to the team, but we have the skill position players in place on the offense.

What are Emery's goals Superman? Thats just pure speculation right now.
i'm guessing its winning the SuperBowl. Which again, there is no doubt we progressed this year. We won 2 more games than last year, we were 1 pick 6 from setting an NFL record, 1 non-offensive TD from setting an NFL record, led the NFL in takeaways, saw development out of the younger talent on defense. We saw what a real #1 WR can do, we got flashes from Alshon of what he's going to be. Name one way we didn't show progression? Hell J'marcus Webb went from #1 concern on the line to number #4.

RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Double post*
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 12 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 0
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:

i'm guessing its winning the SuperBowl. Which again, there is no doubt we progressed this year. We won 2 more games than last year, we were 1 pick 6 from setting an NFL record, 1 non-offensive TD from setting an NFL record, led the NFL in takeaways, saw development out of the younger talent on defense. We saw what a real #1 WR can do, we got flashes from Alshon of what he's going to be. Name one way we didn't show progression? Hell J'marcus Webb went from #1 concern on the line to number #4.

Thank you for admitting you guessing. Speculation.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:

We need:

I'm leaning towards keeping Tice b/c that's what Jay wants on one condition, he gets the ball in the hands of #22. We saw today what getting the ball in his hands means for the offense.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Emery stated he wanted to progress toward the goal of winning a championship when he was introduced to the media…are you honestly trying to say we haven’t progressed from where we were in 2011?

We got better on defence and got worse on offences despite having better talent.

There are no participant ribbons in the NFL you either make the playoffs or you miss them.

Emery also stated that he thought this was a playoff team.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:

Thank you for admitting you guessing. Speculation.
Its an educated guess, its his job, so if his goal isn't to win a SuperBowl, then he needs to go.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

We got better on defence and got worse on offences despite having better talent.

There are no participant ribbons in the NFL you either make the playoffs or you miss them.

Emery also stated that he thought this was a playoff team.
The team won 10 games, turns out they needed 11, 9 times out of 10 10 wins gets you in. I'm sure Emery is disappointed in not making the playoffs, I'm also sure he's NOT disappointed in a 10 win season.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playoffs 1 time in 6 years

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: