Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#2 Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dswinton


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 871
Location: Northside Duval
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stats says Jarvis Jones is best pass rusher in the draft. 14.5 sacks 7 forced fumbles and he missed 2 games this season. 28 sacks in the last two years in the tough SEC you tell me who is the best pass rusher, then show me there stats and conference. (ESPN) Numbers Never Lie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. V


Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 2697
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stats and the conference are the end all, be all. That's why the best players in the NFL are from the SEC.
_________________

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3667
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags wrote:
Alright guys I got it. I know what would be the best ideal for the 2nd overall pick this year.


With the 2nd overall pick in the 2013 draft the Jacksonville Jaguars will trade to the St. Louis Rams for their multiple 1st round draft picks so the Rams can draft Luke Joeckel.

With the first overall pick in the 2014 draft, that the Jacksonville Jaguars acquired through the trade of their multiple first round draft pick trades, the Jaguars select Jadeveon Clowney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC44nP7ClxM


I'm a bit confused...but in this scenario, we get 3 1st round picks outta the Rams? Where do i sign? ???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 35708
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
Stats says Jarvis Jones is best pass rusher in the draft. 14.5 sacks 7 forced fumbles and he missed 2 games this season. 28 sacks in the last two years in the tough SEC you tell me who is the best pass rusher, then show me there stats and conference. (ESPN) Numbers Never Lie.


You don't use stats to scout players, and if that was the case, Jamie Collins has better stats.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jags


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 2619
Location: Florida (Thanks to Kempes on the sig)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad Buff wrote:
Jags wrote:
Alright guys I got it. I know what would be the best ideal for the 2nd overall pick this year.


With the 2nd overall pick in the 2013 draft the Jacksonville Jaguars will trade to the St. Louis Rams for their multiple 1st round draft picks so the Rams can draft Luke Joeckel.

With the first overall pick in the 2014 draft, that the Jacksonville Jaguars acquired through the trade of their multiple first round draft pick trades, the Jaguars select Jadeveon Clowney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC44nP7ClxM


I say we just get Jarvis. I'm honestly tired of getting sub-par players in the draft. We need the best defensive player.


I understand, but I am still disagreeing. Clowney is once in a blue moon talent.

Jones is great, but he is a risk at this point. Of course since Clowney still has 1 more year before he is eligible, who knows what could happen.

I just think that Clowney would be a better pick to make then Jones because of greater potential.

Either way I would not be upset with either pick, but that is if whoever the pick may be, let us hope they have a long healthy/productive NFL career for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
_________________


DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jags


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 2619
Location: Florida (Thanks to Kempes on the sig)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
dswinton wrote:
Stats says Jarvis Jones is best pass rusher in the draft. 14.5 sacks 7 forced fumbles and he missed 2 games this season. 28 sacks in the last two years in the tough SEC you tell me who is the best pass rusher, then show me there stats and conference. (ESPN) Numbers Never Lie.


You don't use stats to scout players, and if that was the case, Jamie Collins has better stats.


Not an attack at IAS, but somewhat of what dswinton is asking to see when it comes to stats.

Trust me I completely agree with you IAS because using stats to compare players would suggest that Geno Smith is the best QB hands down.

J. Clowney would be just as good because if you compare the number he is right behind Jones in Sacks by 1 and tackles for a loss by 1. This is when it comes to stats that matter for pass rushers.

Jones would possibly contribute faster because of his relentless motor and the fact he has a high ceiling, but he is a risk because of injury concern. He compares to players like Harrison, V. Miller, C. Matthews, etc.

Clowney on the other hand is about 6-6 260 with long arms and a frame to fill out. His potential is through the roof and compares to DEs like Peepers, Williams, JPP, etc. It is literally at times what you imagine you would see if Lebron James played football.

All in all, if the question came down to you have a chance of getting Jones or Clowney so who do you want? Clowney with no remorse.
_________________


DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46849
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
dswinton wrote:
Stats says Jarvis Jones is best pass rusher in the draft. 14.5 sacks 7 forced fumbles and he missed 2 games this season. 28 sacks in the last two years in the tough SEC you tell me who is the best pass rusher, then show me there stats and conference. (ESPN) Numbers Never Lie.


You don't use stats to scout players, and if that was the case, Jamie Collins has better stats.


Tee Martin >>> Peyton Manning

He won a National Championship with the team that Manning couldn't win it with. He's clearly better.
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46849
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stats are an indicator. But you've got to look at the whole picture. Things like player technique, how often they're asked to rush, speed, quickness, lateral movement, and etc. are much more important than simply looking at stats. There's bad players on every team, and just because a player is able to take advantage of those bad players to record stats, it doesn't mean they'll be able to shine against quality competition.

One of the best examples I can think of is Mike Hart. He was so much bigger than everyone in high school (I played against him once) and college, that his size just gave him a huge advantage. When he finally made it to the NFL though, his strength was no longer so much better than the competition, and his lack of speed and other "break-tackle" moves got exposed really quickly.
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46849
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Clowney trade isn't going to work. The return on the #2 pick in this weak draft is way lower than what we're going to have to give up to get Clowney. And even then, I doubt any team with the #1 pick is going to just pass on taking him. It isn't going to be a situation where the Rams have a young player under an $80 million contract that they are trying to develop. Even if a team has a great player at DE, or even two, they can still use Clowney in the same way the Giants use their DEs. It would take a ton to pry him away from whoever has the #1 pick if he's still rated that high. Probably more than what the Redskins gave up.
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. V


Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 2697
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Clowney goes first overall. Bridgewater and maybe Fales would go over him just because of the QB demand.
_________________

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jags


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 2619
Location: Florida (Thanks to Kempes on the sig)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
And the Clowney trade isn't going to work. The return on the #2 pick in this weak draft is way lower than what we're going to have to give up to get Clowney. And even then, I doubt any team with the #1 pick is going to just pass on taking him. It isn't going to be a situation where the Rams have a young player under an $80 million contract that they are trying to develop. Even if a team has a great player at DE, or even two, they can still use Clowney in the same way the Giants use their DEs. It would take a ton to pry him away from whoever has the #1 pick if he's still rated that high. Probably more than what the Redskins gave up.


STOP!!!

You crushing my dreams with harsh reality?!?!?

Can't a man be optomistic?

I realize what you saying is probably right, but it won't stop me from dreaming.

Cool
_________________


DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 84215
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crushing dreams is the one thing iPwn is the best in the world at today
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20820
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Crushing dreams is the one thing iPwn is the best in the world at today


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkpzR5vVA9k
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46849
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Crushing dreams is the one thing iPwn is the best in the world at today
Look in my eyes. What do you see?
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 35708
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Crushing dreams is the one thing iPwn is the best in the world at today
Look in my eyes. What do you see?


Gold Dust.
ststsstststststsst
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 6 of 25

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group