Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#2 Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FREDDY T


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 5345
Location: NY
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
FREDDY T wrote:
sadjag wrote:
FREDDY T wrote:

They are equivalent in terms of pocket presence (IMO).
just wow. Remind me too never too pay attention to anything you say ever again.


When is the last time gabbert took 2 safeties in a playoff/bowl game? how about any time?

Watch geno smith, pressure gets in his face and he is nothing, not that he is anything special in the first place.

Matt scott in the 4th is a much better deal than geno in round 1 or 2.

Geno has pretty atrocious footwork, but your argument is laughably bad. Did you watch the bowl game? Geno got tripped on one safety, and had zero time on the second.


I did watch the bowl game. I wasn't a big fan before hand and was less impressed after.

Keep in mind that I wasn't a big gabbert fan either. I am not some gabbert lover that hates geno. I just hate geno (as a prospect)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FREDDY T


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 5345
Location: NY
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
Geno throws a great deep ball, which is something Blaine lacks.


I agree with this to some extent, I wouldn't say great.

RG3 has a great deep ball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83007
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
Geno throws a great deep ball, which is something Blaine lacks.


Agreed, and with a threat like Cecil we need someone who can hit that mark
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6439
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
Geno throws a great deep ball, which is something Blaine lacks.


This is why I don't think he falls past Arizona.

I think the reason Geno isn't a consensus top pick is because he has some holes he may never overcome which will cause an offense to be more tailored to him than many coaches may like. Fortunately for Arizona, Bruce Arians' offense is already tailored to Geno.

I think Blaine has lacked a great deep=ball here because he's had comfort issues. He has all the accuracy in the world and will hit every throw beautifully when comfortable. Unfortunately, it take a little bit more comfort than what he's shown to wait for routes to develop deep. He was getting much more comfortable as the season progressed though, and it showed in the deeper stuff.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20639
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
corry wrote:
Geno throws a great deep ball, which is something Blaine lacks.


Agreed, and with a threat like Cecil we need someone who can hit that mark



_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45465
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said when scouting him that Gabbert had a nice deep ball. He just never uses it.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83007
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
corry wrote:
Geno throws a great deep ball, which is something Blaine lacks.


Agreed, and with a threat like Cecil we need someone who can hit that mark




He pretty much had no choice but to make an attempt at that throw given the circumstances of the game
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45465
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
corry wrote:
Geno throws a great deep ball, which is something Blaine lacks.


Agreed, and with a threat like Cecil we need someone who can hit that mark




He pretty much had no choice but to make an attempt at that throw given the circumstances of the game
The throw was thrown pretty much the only place it could be thrown. There was perfect inside coverage. Let's not downplay the throw.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83007
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He definitely put it in a place where only his guy could get it, but lets not downplay Shorts' play on the ball too
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45465
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
He definitely put it in a place where only his guy could get it, but lets not downplay Shorts' play on the ball too
Clearly. It just seemed like you were suggesting it was a bad throw that Shorts had to make a play on because he had no other option.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20639
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter what Shorts did. The fact is that was a great deep ball.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21228
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
corry wrote:
Geno throws a great deep ball, which is something Blaine lacks.


Agreed, and with a threat like Cecil we need someone who can hit that mark




He pretty much had no choice but to make an attempt at that throw given the circumstances of the game

Huh? So what? Doesn't change the fact that it was a perfect throw.....
_________________

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3290
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
corry wrote:
Geno throws a great deep ball, which is something Blaine lacks.


Agreed, and with a threat like Cecil we need someone who can hit that mark




just watching this GIF on repeat a few times...

really drives home Gabbert's potential. The guy really could be a very good QB if there's any consistency to that sort of downfield look.

I mean, that toss is as good as anything Flacco typically throws downfield like that...and the media is hounding him like the greatest deep threat QB ever to grace the Superbowl.


I still like my idea of a shock collar for Gabbert checkdowns. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83007
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does 1 throw show so many positive things about someone?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45465
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
How does 1 throw show so many positive things about someone?
Because the throw showcases his talent. It doesn't mean all the positives that that throw showed will become the norm, but it shows he does have the ability.

There's some QBs out there who cannot make that throw even once.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 22 of 25

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group