Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#2 Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FREDDY T


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 5345
Location: NY
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gabbert is still twice the prospect that geno is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDJaguar


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 140
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREDDY T wrote:
gabbert is still twice the prospect that geno is.


I....eh.....Lost my train of thought.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46326
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREDDY T wrote:
gabbert is still twice the prospect that geno is.
I'm not sure how anyone can come to this conclusion.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skaterbirdhouse


Moderator
Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 8610
Location: Jacksonville
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
FREDDY T wrote:
gabbert is still twice the prospect that geno is.
I'm not sure how anyone can come to this conclusion.


I don't like Geno at all, and would almost agree with this conclusion. Except there is still that factor of unknown. Geno has never seen an NFL field before so he could shock me and actually be decent where as we are getting to the point we know for sure what Gabbert brings to the table.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83771
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
FREDDY T wrote:
gabbert is still twice the prospect that geno is.
I'm not sure how anyone can come to this conclusion.


I agree, Geno>Gabbert as a prospect.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20772
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
FREDDY T wrote:
gabbert is still twice the prospect that geno is.
I'm not sure how anyone can come to this conclusion.


I agree, Geno>Gabbert as a prospect.


I think if Gabbert had redshirted and stayed in college every year (ie: coming out this year) that he'd probably be a better prospect than Geno. In 2011, there was debate for a while whether it was Gabbert or Cam Newton at #1 and Newton was a better prospect than Geno (though I like Geno and wasn't sold on Newton coming out).
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6439
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
FREDDY T wrote:
gabbert is still twice the prospect that geno is.
I'm not sure how anyone can come to this conclusion.


As a prospect coming out, I think Gabbert would be the consensus number one pick, at least as far as the coverage.

Blaine has everything you want in a mold-able young ballplayer, he's just had struggles putting it together, for a number of reasons - many of which can be argued as out of his control.

All things being equal, I'd much rather draft Gabbert than anyone in this draft class.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83771
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
FREDDY T wrote:
gabbert is still twice the prospect that geno is.
I'm not sure how anyone can come to this conclusion.


I agree, Geno>Gabbert as a prospect.


I think if Gabbert had redshirted and stayed in college every year (ie: coming out this year) that he'd probably be a better prospect than Geno. In 2011, there was debate for a while whether it was Gabbert or Cam Newton at #1 and Newton was a better prospect than Geno (though I like Geno and wasn't sold on Newton coming out).


Thats a big if though, we are just comparing how the were when they came out though
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20772
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
FREDDY T wrote:
gabbert is still twice the prospect that geno is.
I'm not sure how anyone can come to this conclusion.


I agree, Geno>Gabbert as a prospect.


I think if Gabbert had redshirted and stayed in college every year (ie: coming out this year) that he'd probably be a better prospect than Geno. In 2011, there was debate for a while whether it was Gabbert or Cam Newton at #1 and Newton was a better prospect than Geno (though I like Geno and wasn't sold on Newton coming out).


Thats a big if though, we are just comparing how the were when they came out though


Yeah... like I said, as a true junior coming out, for a while at least, he was discussed as possibly the #1 overall pick over Cam Newton. Geno as he is right now never would have come close to being in that discussion considering many aren't even sure if we'll see him go #1 this year in a very weak QB class.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FREDDY T


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 5345
Location: NY
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaine gabbert in comparison to geno smith: greater arm talent, size, maturity, experience in the league.

They are equivalent in terms of pocket presence (IMO).

Maybe, not even really sure about this, maybe geno smith has slightly better accuracy on the WR screens that he throws.

Give me Gabbert any day of the week. You put geno smith on the jaguars last year and we don't go any better than 2-14. Obviously I cannot prove that statement but we have to get off that bandwagon.

Geno smith lacks the talent and the maturity to be successful. The fact that he is mentioned in the conversation of top pick is an insult to former #1 draft picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
corry


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 2830
Location: Orlando, FL
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno throws a great deep ball, which is something Blaine lacks.
_________________
2nd place in Jaguars forum USJJC 2012

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
sadjag


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 1136
Location: jax
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREDDY T wrote:

They are equivalent in terms of pocket presence (IMO).
just wow. Remind me too never too pay attention to anything you say ever again.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3580
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Clowney is ridiculously talented...

but tbh i'd still prefer Bridgewater over him. QB is just too crucial a position to skimp. whereas, you can get a lot done with a very good all around D-line, even without a Clowney-calibre elite player.


Geno this year, then Clowney next Very Happy


Or, one of the Pass Rushers this year, Teddy next year. Very Happy


I think there are a handful of enticing pass rushers this year, who while not in 'Clowney territory' as prospects, look very capable of being impact players in their own right.

The drop off from Teddy to Geno though...not even in the same ballpark imo.

It's all probably a moot point, as it seems the Chiefs are leaning towards Geno now anyway.

And more importantly, i'm sure we'll find a way to win just enough games to miss out on the opportunity to grab Teddy (or Clowney) next year anyway. Because Jaguars... Crying or Very sad

But there are plenty of other talented looking QBs who should be out there next year regardless.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FREDDY T


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 5345
Location: NY
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
FREDDY T wrote:

They are equivalent in terms of pocket presence (IMO).
just wow. Remind me too never too pay attention to anything you say ever again.


When is the last time gabbert took 2 safeties in a playoff/bowl game? how about any time?

Watch geno smith, pressure gets in his face and he is nothing, not that he is anything special in the first place.

Matt scott in the 4th is a much better deal than geno in round 1 or 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21986
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREDDY T wrote:
sadjag wrote:
FREDDY T wrote:

They are equivalent in terms of pocket presence (IMO).
just wow. Remind me too never too pay attention to anything you say ever again.


When is the last time gabbert took 2 safeties in a playoff/bowl game? how about any time?

Watch geno smith, pressure gets in his face and he is nothing, not that he is anything special in the first place.

Matt scott in the 4th is a much better deal than geno in round 1 or 2.

Geno has pretty atrocious footwork, but your argument is laughably bad. Did you watch the bowl game? Geno got tripped on one safety, and had zero time on the second.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 21 of 25

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group