Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#2 Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20240
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that I don't think Geno is worth a high selection... I just think... we don't go QB this year.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sammymvpknight


Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Posts: 3399
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The QB crop should be better next year. Unless the Jags trade down in the 1st or trade into the 1st with their 2nd rounder...there is no way that the Jags will get value with the #2 pick.

Considering that the Jags will unfortunately be in the Clowney sweepstakes next season...it would not be a horrible idea to try to get a QB this season...but it has to be good value. The 2nd round pick this season would be a good spot to get a QB.

As for the first round...it's this simple.

If JJ clears medically...he's the guy.

If JJ doesn't clear medically...Star is the guy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 2809
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney is ridiculously talented...

but tbh i'd still prefer Bridgewater over him. QB is just too crucial a position to skimp. whereas, you can get a lot done with a very good all around D-line, even without a Clowney-calibre elite player.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Conquest8089


Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 2679
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting the QB Coach Sciefelo connection to Matt Scott.

The lack of consensus about this draft class leaves it wide opened. Who are the options at 2? I'd argue Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher is the safest pick.
_________________
I'm The guy who got shunned on FFs for arguing J.J. Watt should be selected 1st Overall in the 2011 Draft. I also thought Gabe Carimi would be a Perennial Pro Bowler. Live & Learn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
corry


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 2756
Location: Orlando, FL
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Interesting the QB Coach Sciefelo connection to Matt Scott.

The lack of consensus about this draft class leaves it wide opened. Who are the options at 2? I'd argue Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher is the safest pick.


What's safe about drafting a player and telling him to change postions?
_________________
2nd place in Jaguars forum USJJC 2012

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 43128
Location: Drinking in a closet until the draft
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Interesting the QB Coach Sciefelo connection to Matt Scott.

The lack of consensus about this draft class leaves it wide opened. Who are the options at 2? I'd argue Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher is the safest pick.
Caldwell is a needs drafter and we don't need a LT.

I'd say any of the highly rated DE's, DT's, rush LBs, and QBs are probably the best bet for where we're going.
_________________

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDJaguar


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 140
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:
Interesting the QB Coach Sciefelo connection to Matt Scott.

The lack of consensus about this draft class leaves it wide opened. Who are the options at 2? I'd argue Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher is the safest pick.
Caldwell is a needs drafter and we don't need a LT.

I'd say any of the highly rated DE's, DT's, rush LBs, and QBs are probably the best bet for where we're going.


According a mock I just read, we're going to take Dee Milliner. -.-

This is a year where I would be fine taking the top DE, DT or OLB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MightyRx


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 461
Location: ...Where my mind is at ease!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDJaguar wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:
Interesting the QB Coach Sciefelo connection to Matt Scott.

The lack of consensus about this draft class leaves it wide opened. Who are the options at 2? I'd argue Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher is the safest pick.
Caldwell is a needs drafter and we don't need a LT.

I'd say any of the highly rated DE's, DT's, rush LBs, and QBs are probably the best bet for where we're going.


According a mock I just read, we're going to take Dee Milliner. -.-

This is a year where I would be fine taking the top DE, DT or OLB.


In the 2nd round right?
Or after a trade down?
Ain't no Leon Sandcastles in this draft and we NEED to fix the rush.
7 years w/o a double digit sacker!
_________________
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Him without sin, cast the 1st stone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDJaguar


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 140
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyRx wrote:
JDJaguar wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:
Interesting the QB Coach Sciefelo connection to Matt Scott.

The lack of consensus about this draft class leaves it wide opened. Who are the options at 2? I'd argue Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher is the safest pick.
Caldwell is a needs drafter and we don't need a LT.

I'd say any of the highly rated DE's, DT's, rush LBs, and QBs are probably the best bet for where we're going.


According a mock I just read, we're going to take Dee Milliner. -.-

This is a year where I would be fine taking the top DE, DT or OLB.


In the 2nd round right?
Or after a trade down?
Ain't no Leon Sandcastles in this draft and we NEED to fix the rush.
7 years w/o a double digit sacker!


In the first, at pick #2. Most definitely need pass rusher.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80302
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Clowney is ridiculously talented...

but tbh i'd still prefer Bridgewater over him. QB is just too crucial a position to skimp. whereas, you can get a lot done with a very good all around D-line, even without a Clowney-calibre elite player.


Geno this year, then Clowney next Very Happy
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80302
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDJaguar wrote:
MightyRx wrote:
JDJaguar wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:
Interesting the QB Coach Sciefelo connection to Matt Scott.

The lack of consensus about this draft class leaves it wide opened. Who are the options at 2? I'd argue Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher is the safest pick.
Caldwell is a needs drafter and we don't need a LT.

I'd say any of the highly rated DE's, DT's, rush LBs, and QBs are probably the best bet for where we're going.


According a mock I just read, we're going to take Dee Milliner. -.-

This is a year where I would be fine taking the top DE, DT or OLB.


In the 2nd round right?
Or after a trade down?
Ain't no Leon Sandcastles in this draft and we NEED to fix the rush.
7 years w/o a double digit sacker!


In the first, at pick #2. Most definitely need pass rusher.


I think we can get a beast in round 2 though, I'd really like to get Geno first then a DL talent next
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 43128
Location: Drinking in a closet until the draft
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the Chiefs are hooked on Geno.
_________________

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20240
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Sounds like the Chiefs are hooked on Geno.


Also sounds like we aren't.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 43128
Location: Drinking in a closet until the draft
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Sounds like the Chiefs are hooked on Geno.


Also sounds like we aren't.
That too.
_________________

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80302
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Sounds like the Chiefs are hooked on Geno.


Also sounds like we aren't.
That too.


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Crying or Very sad
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 20 of 25

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group