Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#2 Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
dswinton wrote:
Would yall mind Collin Klein in 3rd RD because Gus seems to like those running QBs. Collin Klein is like a Kaepernick to me. Both can do read option and both dont have textbook throwing motion but the ball gets there though. Russell Wilson was taking in round three and is now a sure starter.

Collin Klein looks like freshman Tim Tebow. NO to him. No to him in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, undrafted, etc.

Yeah. And if we're going to bring in a Tebow...we'd might as well bring in the original authentic item. The one with the off the charts popularity in Jacksonville, etc. I mean...it's not going to happen. But i'd much sooner bring in Tebow than waste a pick on Klein...a guy in the exact same mold, but without the publicity and popularity benefits, or any NFL experience...
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
I've been thinking about it a lot... and I think I would prefer that we come away with Jarvis Jones at 2. I think Geno is going #1, so I'm not considering him for this.

Now before I get crucified for all I said about risk management with picking him, that all still applies. What I mean by this is if he goes at 2, I am going to trust that he is cleared to be able to play for a long time without it affecting him. In that case, I think he's the best prospect in the draft.

Shame that I don't think he's going to clear in that way, and won't be our pick.

Agreed. If he doesn't free-fall due to his condition, he should be a top five pick and impact player from the get-go. Unfortunately for his career, the NFL is incredibly stringent when it comes to investing millions in such a risky player, injury-wise.

He can definitely go the way of Bowers of two years ago.

To me, it's a lot more than just the millions in investment for the owner. For the franchise...a miss on a top-2 pick is a franchise derailing event. The idea that your #2 overall pick could potentially be out of the league almost immediately...that's dire.

It really is frustrating though. Without the spinal stenosis, Jarvis Jones looks like everything we'd want in a player for our defense. Especially with the coaching staff we're starting to put in place. But with that risk attached...? I'd be inclined to lean towards other options who are also very good players in their own right, and don't have that added risk element attached.
Jags

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Jags wrote:
How about Dion Jordan? Going for a freak athlete in the first. Whether we trade back and take him or take a huge leap like the Hawks with B. Irvin.

Taking Dion Jordan at 2 would be lulzy.

I wouldn't be against it.

Because of all the apparent pass-rusher talent, it's a good draft to trade back when quarterbacks begin to rise - but if he's the guy, he's the guy no matter where he's taken.

Jordan is the most overrated prospect in the draft. I wouldn't touch him to the second.
(no offense to Sabo, I know he loves Jordan)

I think forcing him to be something he isn't will set him up for failure. But if he is moved around and unleashed on the quarterback, he can be the same caliber of player Aldon Smith has become.

Dion isn't a player who fits into a traditional role, but he can be that playmaker who is the focus of the opponent's gameplan that this defense is missing.

I agree. If he is utilized properly and coached properly he can have a great impact when it comes to pressuring the passer.

Next poor man's DWare or the next Jamaal Anderson .

As for most overrated that title goes to Te'o.

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
I've been thinking about it a lot... and I think I would prefer that we come away with Jarvis Jones at 2. I think Geno is going #1, so I'm not considering him for this.

Now before I get crucified for all I said about risk management with picking him, that all still applies. What I mean by this is if he goes at 2, I am going to trust that he is cleared to be able to play for a long time without it affecting him. In that case, I think he's the best prospect in the draft.

Shame that I don't think he's going to clear in that way, and won't be our pick.

Agreed. If he doesn't free-fall due to his condition, he should be a top five pick and impact player from the get-go. Unfortunately for his career, the NFL is incredibly stringent when it comes to investing millions in such a risky player, injury-wise.

He can definitely go the way of Bowers of two years ago.

To me, it's a lot more than just the millions in investment for the owner. For the franchise...a miss on a top-2 pick is a franchise derailing event. The idea that your #2 overall pick could potentially be out of the league almost immediately...that's dire.

It really is frustrating though. Without the spinal stenosis, Jarvis Jones looks like everything we'd want in a player for our defense. Especially with the coaching staff we're starting to put in place. But with that risk attached...? I'd be inclined to lean towards other options who are also very good players in their own right, and don't have that added risk element attached.
I agree.

I will not push for the pick, I will not do anything like that. I will not even expect that he even has a chance to be the pick.

My point is more that if he's the pick, I'm just going to trust that on the medical end, the chance that he has any sort of issue with this in the next 10 years is assessed so low that those other good options aren't worth the pick over him. I think it'd take a bunch of doctors giving the perfect assessment to make him the pick. And in that case that everything is perfect and the risk has been assessed incredibly low, I want Jarvis Jones over any other prospect (except maybe Geno, I'm still going back and forth with that).

As I've said before in other times we've discussed this, I'm not sure whether or not a doctor can give that kind of recomendation given his situation. But if we take him, I'm going to assume he was cleared in that way. If we don't, I will not regret it, even if he turns into the greatest pass rusher in NFL history because I'll trust that it's seemingly so obvious (that kinda comes off stronger than I intend it, but I think you all know what I mean) that he's the best prospect, that only the risk assessment side of things keeps him from being the pick.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
dswinton

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the same way Ipwn, I want him if he is cleared but I'm stuck between him and Geno.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
I feel the same way Ipwn, I want him if he is cleared but I'm stuck between him and Geno.
I wouldn't get your hopes up. I doubt he clears.

I'm expecting the pick to probably be Star.

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jarvis was 100% healthy, no degenerative issue at all, would he be the consensus pick at #2?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
If Jarvis was 100% healthy, no degenerative issue at all, would he be the consensus pick at #2?

I agree, but I just don't see it. His medicals have to come back perfect, and that doesn't seem likely. It really is sad because I think he's exactly what we need.

Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

I agree, but I just don't see it. His medicals have to come back perfect, and that doesn't seem likely. It really is sad because I think he's exactly what we need.

I believe the correct answer was "yes".

I hate the Jaguars
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

That was a hypothetical rather than if it happens to be bounce that way. I dont see it working out for him in the medical review room

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

No

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

No
Who would be then?

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

No
Who would be then?

I too am curious

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

No
Who would be then?

I too am curious

There wouldn't be a consensus.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Mr. V

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

No
Who would be then?

I too am curious

There wouldn't be a consensus.

This, just like there isn't a consensus currently.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 13 of 25

Jump to: