Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grade Pryor's Debut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
Just to clarify, I'm in no way saying Pryor should start next year, but IMO it's ignorant to say that he's not capable of being the starter in a year or two. It's still Palmer's team to lead at this point.

I don't think anyone wants him to start immediately, except for the people who think its a good idea to tank for a potential draft pick. Which is stupid, obviously.

I want to see if he can continue to grow into a starting QB and I think he's on the right path. I'd hate to see him let go and succeed on another team because I think he can succeed here. Not now, but after Palmer.

but starting cp GOT us the #3 pick Confused

so you're saying if we start tp we are MAYBE guaranteed the #1 pick

so basically the difference between cp and tp starting is 2 draft slots?

so we pay an extra 10mill just to be the 3rd worst team vrs the worst team. brilliant.

What's brilliant is you still think the QB is only reason we got that pick..... or maybe the opposite of brilliant....

actually...What's brilliant is that you have made excuses for cp for 3 years now on 2 diff teams, with 2 diff supporting casts and 3 diff oc's/hc's....... or maybe thats the opposite of brilliant.....

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
AL Davis and Hugh saw him as QB and now McKenzie and Allen still do, enough so to start him over a seasoned vet in Matt Leinart....the professionals who actually run a franchise, evaluate and develop talent, and coach them.

You could also see the flip side, that those are the same guys who waited until week 15 to give him playing time, didnt let him start until the most meaningless gmae of the season, and sat him behind Leinart in week 16. IMO, they gave him the week 17 start for 2 reasons: 1) Leinart is a known commodity. He isnt getting any better and they know what they have in him, which leads to 2) they wanted to evaluate Pryor and see what he's got, and if he is worth keeping and working on.

Burgesskills wrote:
Now for all you bias Pryor haters who claim he doesn't cut it as a QB, funny thing is he started at QB in high school, at a BIG TEN team with the Bucks, and now has been in the NFL for two season at QB

In high school and college, some QBs (just like many other positions) can and get by more on athletic ability than positional talent, and dont always have to be in an option offense to use it. I'm not saying Pryor has zero quarterbacking talent, but how many times have we seen exceptionally athletic QBs do well in college and falter (or never even make it) in the NFL? Off the top of my head: Denard Robinson, Vince Young, Dennis Dixon, Tim Tebow, Juice Williams, Matt Jones, Jeremiah Masoli, Brad Smith, etc all had very good athleticism, and they played in an offense that highlighted their strengths. My point is not to compare Pryor's ability or college offense to those QBs, but to show how many QBs get by on athleticism at the college level, but cant hack it in the NFL because they lack the ability as a passer. I think its the reason you dont see many running QBs in the NFL. Do you think its because there is some inherent trait that natural passing talent decreases as athleticism increases, or is it because their HS and college coaches knew they could not only get by on, but really succeed with athleticism moreso than developing them into better passers? I say its the latter mostly, but thats just my opinion and its something worth thinking about.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
yes.
people want to blame knapp but cp sucked in the redzone with hue also. im done with the cp experiment. tp made knapp look like a redzone genius vrs sd. imo tp with a full offseason and getting more reps in practice can get us at least 8 wins.

LOL 8 wins??? Riiiiight.

So wait, this is rich. Was Palmer the garbage time king, right?? So when Pryor goes three and out 5 times out of 8 drives in the first three quarters, then he gets in during the 4th, w/ 13 minutes left and we're down 17 points, and gets one TD, then a blocked punt leaves him an extremely short field for another, that's not considered garbage time?? Didn't you say once that the second quarter of one of Palmer's game was garbage time b/c he played well but we were down 17??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

facts:
-tp preformed equal to cp in his first game ever in the nfl.

Do you know the definition of a fact?? This isn't it.

Quote:
-yes both had garbage time tds and no scores in the 3rd.
-one qb gets paid 10mil more than the other to produce the same results.

imo why pay 10mil extra just to get the same results that his backup can duplicate for 10 mill less?

How do you know we'll get the same results?? You have a ONE GAME SAMPLE.

PM sig requests.

Last edited by JTagg7754 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
Just to clarify, I'm in no way saying Pryor should start next year, but IMO it's ignorant to say that he's not capable of being the starter in a year or two. It's still Palmer's team to lead at this point.

I don't think anyone wants him to start immediately, except for the people who think its a good idea to tank for a potential draft pick. Which is stupid, obviously.

I want to see if he can continue to grow into a starting QB and I think he's on the right path. I'd hate to see him let go and succeed on another team because I think he can succeed here. Not now, but after Palmer.

but starting cp GOT us the #3 pick Confused

so you're saying if we start tp we are MAYBE guaranteed the #1 pick

so basically the difference between cp and tp starting is 2 draft slots?

so we pay an extra 10mill just to be the 3rd worst team vrs the worst team. brilliant.

What's brilliant is you still think the QB is only reason we got that pick..... or maybe the opposite of brilliant....

actually...What's brilliant is that you have made excuses for cp for 3 years now on 2 diff teams, with 2 diff supporting casts and 3 diff oc's/hc's....... or maybe thats the opposite of brilliant.....

SO why even have teams if the QB is the only person that matters?? This conversation is one for the ages. What are the excuses I've made by the way? The only thing I've ever said is that for Carson to succeed, he needs a defense to play well for him so he doesn't have to win the game. He has the ability to but I would much rather him manage it. In your video from his last year in Cinci, which you lived and died by, you said I made excuses for the WRs running wrong route and being lackadaisical but you said RIGHT AFTER that you trusted the announcers WAY MORE than you trusted me and they said the exact same thing.

So while you call it an excuse, I call it an assessment of a QB in what is needed to succeed.

But all this is moot anyway as the only person who matters is the QB. Hell, this is why you have a man crush on Pryor. He can throw those alley oops and is fast enough to run under them himself. Now I'm understanding.... who needs coaches, defenses, WRs, people to block, who needs a TEAM??? This is a QB only sport..... I feel less smart now Sad

PM sig requests.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strawman fallacy used to perfection.

Why do you do this to yourself?
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so

cp averages 270yrd, 1.4td, 1.2 ints per game for the last 2 yrs

and you wonder why some people like

tp who can get 155yrd, 2td, 1int, 49rush yrds and 1 rush td a game

(potentially x16 = 2480yrs, 32tds, 16 ints, 784rush yrds and 16 rush tds)

id sacrifice passing yards for td's any day but i guess im in the minority.

Sad

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
macklemore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
so

Sad

so you would sacrifice efficiency for random lucky touchdowns.

good to know.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd sacrifice efficiency for swagger six days out of the week and twice on Sunday. Pryor has swagger, Palmer does not.

[/Thread]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
so

Sad

Is this a serious post?
macklemore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
I'd sacrifice efficiency for swagger six days out of the week and twice on Sunday. Pryor has swagger, Palmer does not.

[/Thread]

the swag is undeniable.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

[/Thread]

the swag is undeniable.

Oh gawd!

Someone please make that into avy size so I can swag out. Seriously, do it now. Please.

RaisinBran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

Agreed. We're in the same boat in that regard.

macklemore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
Someone please make that into avy size so I can swag out. Seriously, do it now. Please.

sorry bud, I was making that for bo diddley.

you can have this tho!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
so

Sad

And this is the point where I exit until the draft.

This is a WOW post. Simply, absurdly ignorant I can't do anything but leave this subject alone.

You are SERIOUSLY going to draw stats off 1 game. 1 single meaningless week 17 game and justify that as any sort of body of work? I mean seriously? This is where we are at in this forum?

You really think Pryor's stats over a 16 game season would remotely approach his 1 meaningless start?

Unreal. Absolutely stunned with how ignorant that post was. I guarantee you in a 16 game season, when the games matter and defenses have film on Pryor to game plan for he would struggle just as he did for the majority of that 1 start you're obsessed with.

I'm dumbfounded.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

sorry bud, I was making that for bo diddley.

you can have this tho!

lol if you cut in half and make it into an avy i'll rock it. I want to keep the sig I have for now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: