Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grade Pryor's Debut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
He showed poise and leadership. Man, that's fantastic.

You know what he didn't show? Traits QBs need to win games.

Accuracy, arm strength, timing LOL you know, the key factors to a QBs game that really matter. He says all the right things, fantastic. Tebow did too as well as a thousand other QBs who did not succeed in this league due to physical limitations.

I don't see how this is so hard to see. If this is any other QB, they're getting DRILLED by this forum.... oh wait, it's already happened w/ Leinart. LOL If Pryor wasn't a Raider, so many people would be making fun of him right now haha
There's your daily Pryor shot, who would be making fun of 3tds in a game besides you?

Please. It goes both ways. Palmer got hate no matter what he did.

what good did he do?
he got major props after the pitt game

Yeah, you're right. He never did anything good. Ever. I forgot.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Accuracy, arm strength, timing LOL you know, the key factors to a QBs game that really matter. He says all the right things, fantastic. Tebow did too as well as a thousand other QBs who did not succeed in this league due to physical limitations.

I don't see how this is so hard to see. If this is any other QB, they're getting DRILLED by this forum.... oh wait, it's already happened w/ Leinart. LOL If Pryor wasn't a Raider, so many people would be making fun of him right now haha
There's your daily Pryor shot, who would be making fun of 3tds in a game besides you?

what good did he do?

I agree. It's all about the Skittles now.

PM sig requests.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

what good did he do?

Laughing

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

what good did he do?

What Marshawn Lynch? Weird.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

what good did he do?

What Marshawn Lynch? Weird.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmer in garbage time = "We never had a chance"
Pryor in garbage time = "We looked good in a close loss."

I've compared TeePee to Tebow because MANY (not all) of their respective fans have an agenda that transcends football. The perspective surrounding Pryor and Palmer are so polarizing and so skewed that I rarely even comment anymore. I'd be all for starting Pryor if a 4-12 season could guarantee Clowney but it won't as he is only a Jr.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Django

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

I've compared TeePee to Tebow because MANY (not all) of their respective fans have an agenda that transcends football. The perspective surrounding Pryor and Palmer are so polarizing and so skewed that I rarely even comment anymore. I'd be all for starting Pryor if a 4-12 season could guarantee Clowney but it won't as he is only a Jr.

We all agree that Pryor has a long way to go.

But of course people are going to be more impressed with 23 year old in garbage time to a 33 year old in garbage time.

Of course people are going to praise 22 year old RG3 for getting to the playoffs and rip 32 year old Tony Romo for missing it.

Its why Russell Wilson gets so much hype now for winning a playoff game....that people overlook Matt Ryan even though he's the better QB.

Young guys get the benefit of the doubt early on. We might not be sold on his passing skills yet. But putting up similar stuff in similar situation (TD's in garbage time) is always going to favor the young guy.
Django

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also...

If the Raiders select a QB in this draft...

I think I'd take Glennon over Tyler Wilson.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
Also...

With his work with Brees, if somehow a dream came true and the new OC is CarMichael I could easily see the Raiders passing on a QB this season with eyes for Aaron Murry next season.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
Baonez wrote:

We all agree that Pryor has a long way to go.

But of course people are going to be more impressed with 23 year old in garbage time to a 33 year old in garbage time.

Of course people are going to praise 22 year old RG3 for getting to the playoffs and rip 32 year old Tony Romo for missing it.

Its why Russell Wilson gets so much hype now for winning a playoff game....that people overlook Matt Ryan even though he's the better QB.

Young guys get the benefit of the doubt early on. We might not be sold on his passing skills yet. But putting up similar stuff in similar situation (TD's in garbage time) is always going to favor the young guy.

Its hilarious that people hold a guy in his first start to the same standards as a ten year veteran.

Fun fact: if Pryor had as "bad" of a game against the Chargers every game for a full season, he would have led the league in TDs.

Cut him, I hate rainbows and Tebow!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Django wrote:
Also...

With his work with Brees, if somehow a dream came true and the new OC is CarMichael I could easily see the Raiders passing on a QB this season with eyes for Aaron Murry next season.

Another year in college to polish his mechanics and gain more experience.... I'm cool w/ that. I think he'll be a nice QB in the league.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Django wrote:
Also...

Another year in college to polish his mechanics and gain more experience.... I'm cool w/ that. I think he'll be a nice QB in the league.

AJ McCarron >>>>

His name is that of a champion. And he is a champion. A 2 time champion.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Exactly and I just revisited the Panther game thread for a moment and took note of all the people making fun of Matt's weak arm yet when it comes to Pryor they don't even mention it and if they do, it's "mechanics he can work out".

It does go both ways and everyone has preferences.

Really? How did Matt do? He must have scored three TD's and kept drives alive, and made exciting plays, right?? Nope, that's right he did jack...maybe that's why you shouldn't compare the two. If Leinart had lead us to TD's then it would be a better comparison.

Garbage time for Palmer is when we are down and have no chance to win, we were in the Chargers game and had a chance to win. Had Palmer been in, he would have thrown an int or fumbled the ball during the comeback attempt.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

So what do you expect our record is if we stick with Palmer as the starter? Pryor better or worse than Palmer could lead this team to just as many wins. Some of you act as though Palmer is a top ten QB that could win....he is an average QB. Experts recognize this...he isn't awful, he isn't great, he is an average to slightly above average QB. He has a strong arm, he is competitive, but he isn't too smart and makes a lot of crucial mistakes.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Exactly and I just revisited the Panther game thread for a moment and took note of all the people making fun of Matt's weak arm yet when it comes to Pryor they don't even mention it and if they do, it's "mechanics he can work out".

It does go both ways and everyone has preferences.

That's because we've never seen Leinart flip the ball 50 yards downfield without even stepping into his throw. If you can do that, you're able to zip it 15 yards. Will Pryor ever do it? I don't know. I think he has the physical ability to do it though, that's why i wouldn't call his arm weak.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 12 of 19

Jump to: