Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grade Pryor's Debut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
I'll give him a solid grade of an A+ regardless of how his passes looked he scored and put our team in a position to win if our defense and special teams would have come to play.

Did you forget about the grade A++?

Ill give you a chance to reconsider your answer

Actually I'd give him a grade of A+++

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would give a B- or C+. He's better than Leinart.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
C

He did better than I thought he would but a good defense will be all over those rainbows. He's lucky we played who we did.

Wow, just wow. A division rival on the road...

Anyway I give him a B. Regardless of the way he looked, he point puts on the board and made some great plays. He hasn't started a game since the Sugar Bowl not to mention it was his first NFL start ever.

He gives us a better chance to win games than Palmer does, simply by getting the ball in the end zone...notice after that deep pass to Streater, we scored on the next play. Weeks earlier a deep pass to Streater, drive ends on next play with an int thrown by Palmer.
nbaker1933

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
Not really sure how you can give a guy a straight up C when he scores 3 times and only turns the ball over once but okay....

If Palmer had a 3TD, 1 INT game JTAGG would give him a B+

I think The issue people have is how he looked while he was doing it.

im sure if CP had a game where we went 13/28 with 150 yards and the same three TDs he would be graded similar.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
Not really sure how you can give a guy a straight up C when he scores 3 times and only turns the ball over once but okay....

If Palmer had a 3TD, 1 INT game like Pryor did today JTAGG would give him a B+ atleast. Biased much? lmao

Hey man, like we always used to say back in college...

C's get Degrees

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stats it was a B

Eyeball Test was C- or D+
backinblack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt have the biggest expectations from him in this game. but i saw a lot of things i like from him but he does have a lot to work on. bottom line he got us in the end zone 3 times, something we havent done since week 9!!!
when u put it all together it was a solid B
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give him a solid B. He made good decisions for the most part, seemed to have control of the huddle, looked poised, extended plays with his feet. He made some poor throws from time to time, and his footwork was sloppy, but at the end of the day he ran the offense and got us a TD on three ossessios which isn't an easy task with the way this offense has looked.

If you can't admit that it was a solid first start for a young QB, with poor play calling an no running game then you have some type of bias.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C+ but I'll tell ya what... Raiders could have gone 4-12 or even sightly better with Pryor starting all season.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-
One thing I noticed is that his mobility alone did wonders for down and distance, instead of getting sacked under pressure he actually finds a way to get a few yards making 3rd downs more manageable.
Heart of Oak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Grade Pryor's Debut Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
The cause of this forum's most heated debate of the season got his first career short as we just fell short of a win. How do you grade his debut?

I got him at a B+

Got the ball in the endzone three times which has been extremely difficult for this team all year. Extended several plays and played with confidence, poise, and leadership.

Made some mistakes, is far from a finished product, but his play was strong in my opinion.

^^^This.
early43

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If were giving letter grades, I don't see how you cant give him a B considering he had multiple drops by WR, zero running game, poor weather conditions, and pretty lame play calling IMO by Knapp. Did he have bad throws? Absolutely. He also made some bad reads as well but all things considered, I thought his play was a solid B.

The guy had only one week of practice with 1st stringers and played well. Very impressed by his play.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering Pryor split half of the 1st team practice reps for most of the week with Leinart, and had to play in such poor weather conditions, I'll give him a B for his 1st start. He missed some throws, but he also made some positive things happen despite the factors that played against him. Hopefully with an improvement at OC, the next time he plays, he'll be in a better situation.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Considering Pryor split half of the 1st team practice reps for most of the week with Leinart, and had to play in such poor weather conditions, I'll give him a B for his 1st start. He missed some throws, but he also made some positive things happen despite the factors that played against him. Hopefully with an improvement at OC, the next time he plays, he'll be in a better situation.

Even with the bad weather conditions and a bad offensive line in front of him he took care of the ball and didn't really force anything outside of the ball that was intercepted. He needs to work on putting more velocity into his throws but if today was any indication we may have something in him moving forward.

He said in one of his post game interviews that he plans on working with our guys during the off-season and that he wants to work on his mechanics with Carson over the off-season as well. It'll be interesting to see how he looks during training camp/preseason next year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id give him a c+

good
-looked ready and took command of the offense
-made some good passes
-beast in the redzone i think we were perfect in the redzone
-used his mobility to extend plays and drives
-looked like a leader (esp when he separated goodson from spikes)

bad
-those alley opp passes
-off target with some passes
-scoring drought in the 2nd a 3rd qtr

ugly
-gave up the game with
a) not getting out of bounds before the half for a seabass fg
b) the int in the 2nd half

for a rookie playing his first game in 2 years im impressed. i guess he proved that he can compete in the nfl and isnt complete useless trash who never should have been drafted.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: