Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grade Pryor's Debut
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Grade Pryor's Debut Reply with quote

The cause of this forum's most heated debate of the season got his first career short as we just fell short of a win. How do you grade his debut?

I got him at a B+

Got the ball in the endzone three times which has been extremely difficult for this team all year. Extended several plays and played with confidence, poise, and leadership.

Made some mistakes, is far from a finished product, but his play was strong in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give him a solid grade of an A+ regardless of how his passes looked he scored and put our team in a position to win if our defense and special teams would have come to play.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A+? Lmao

I'll give him a B. He did some real nice things out there but he had bad moments too. That Moore TD gave me a heart attack when he threw across his body and into the middle of the field. Can't argue with the result I guess.

He needs work on accuracy and footwork still. I'd love if he could become able to actually throw a ball with velocity.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C

He did better than I thought he would but a good defense will be all over those rainbows. He's lucky we played who we did.

PM sig requests.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
A+? Lmao

I'll give him a B. He did some real nice things out there but he had bad moments too. That Moore TD gave me a heart attack when he threw across his body and into the middle of the field. Can't argue with the result I guess.

He needs work on accuracy and footwork still. I'd love if he could become able to actually throw a ball with velocity.

Without Pryor = No Touchdowns

With Pryor = Touchdowns

Pryor supporter here, I give him a C. I know he slipped before the half but that potential FG that we missed out on irked me big time. It could have been the difference....then again our ST on the opening play of the game did us in too.
People dropped some, he threw some fugly ones. But he had glimpses. He has potential that nobody can deny(unless you're a hater).

“If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I’m uncoachable, I’m unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Dessie

C

Made some plays, made some bad throws, threw a couple of good throws. Didn't show enough to suggest he is the long term answer but I wasn't expecting him to being his 1st game etc.

Footwork, accuracy, touch all need work.
#clueless
nbaker1933

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was inaccurate and has a Chad pennington arm.

He was mobile made solid reads for the most part and seemed like a great leader.

C+
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit

Last edited by justwinbaby81 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
BNich0622

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
C

He did better than I thought he would but a good defense will be all over those rainbows. He's lucky we played who we did.

I agree here. This would be the grade I would give him as well. He made good decisions just about all game long. Kept plays alive moved well out of the pocket giving himself more time. Only ran when he had to. Didn't get sacked from what I remember. He does loft quite a few passes and was inaccurate. But lets not forget aside from preseason he hasnt played in a football game since 2010. I like what I saw from him.

Thanks to RaiderX for the sig
justwinbaby81

Bo_Spice wrote:
I'll give him a solid grade of an A+ regardless of how his passes looked he scored and put our team in a position to win if our defense and special teams would have come to play.

Did you forget about the grade A++?

Ill give you a chance to reconsider your answer

Poised, confident and moved the ball.

Got into the endzone 3 times.

Has a vast array of mechanic issues throwing the ball, throws rainbows every pass and actually has quite a weak arm.

B-.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
One game sample size, but overall, I was impressed with him for the most part. Here's what I gathered:

Pros:
- Very confident & poised. Showed good leadership throughout the game.
- Good job extending plays with his feet. Never tucked it in to run. Took his time finding open players before scrambling.
- Made good decisions on who & where he wanted to throw the ball other than the INT.

Cons:
- Still raw. You could see some mechanical issues with his footwork & throws.
- Floats the ball more than he should. Hard for a fan to know if he's capable of developing more zip on his throws.
- Had a few inaccurate throws, but his receivers also didn't catch a couple of catchable throws as well.

Overall, he did better than I expected him to. This was his first meaningful game in 2 years. That's a long time. His WR's could have bailed him out by catching some of the dropped balls as well.

Do I think he's the QBoTF? No. Not sold on that idea just yet. I think he has room to grow. How much? I don't know. I think he has a lot of work to do for sure.

I think right now, I'd bring him in next year just to compete with Palmer as the likely starter.

I would give him a B-
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-

His decision making was great aside from not getting out of bounds before the half. Extended plays when there was terrible protection and made some nice plays literally by himself.

Made some inaccurate throws and was throwing the ball a little behind receivers but most of his balls were catchable. I think our WR's are used to Palmer's ball and Pryor's throws caught them off guard a little bit.

If it weren't a few crucial drops by Reece and terrible coverage on the opening kickoff we win this game.

The bottom line is that Pryor put up points with no run game and against a team's #1's on defense. This was his first game against an NFL quality defense and he played great and exceeded my expectations. I loved how he actually took shots downfield and gave our WR's a chance to make plays.

I was very happy with Pryor's performance and will love watching his growth into next year as a QB. I don't think he will take Palmer's job but I'm happy with him as our backup for now. With hope that he could be our starter the year after next.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really sure how you can give a guy a straight up C when he scores 3 times and only turns the ball over once but okay....

If Palmer had a 3TD, 1 INT game like Pryor did today JTAGG would give him a B+ atleast. Biased much? lmao

Last edited by RaisinBran on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: