Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you be okay with Pryor going forward?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you like Oakland to do at QB next season?
Start Palmer, develop Pryor
56%
 56%  [ 37 ]
Start Pryor, Carson mentor
18%
 18%  [ 12 ]
Start Palmer, cut Pryor, get a new QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Start Pryor, draft QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 65

Author Message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 34635
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoom and Jtagg sitting in a tree...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:

It is not just about being fast, but speed is what made the offense as dangerous as it was. Kelly is a very smart and creative coach, so I will not give the players speed take all the credit, but his offense was very much based on speed. James, Barner, and DAT are/were amongst the fastest RBs in the country and Mariota is one of the fastest QBs as well. He adapts his offense to suit his personnel (Blount and Marshall werent fast) but for the most part he recruited really fast players because those are the guys that thrive in his system.

What's funny is that you say a misconception about Chip's offense is that it needs fast players, yet there have been several instances where you say he needs a fast QB and I have replied to you saying that he does not. That is a major misconception. He always has and always will alter his scheme and gameplan to suit the best players on his team. There's a reason you rarely saw Darron Thomas run option plays or have a designed run. Same reason you didn't see Masoli passing very much. Chip recognizes no players are alike and they can't all be forced into one concrete scheme.


Of course there were players with speed. But heck thanks to Al Davis aren't the Raiders loaded with speed?

And it wasn't success at Oregon just because "we're faster than everybody so any play we can take to the house"

It was out scheming people and making them pick their poison with numbers in terms of players inside and outside the box defensively

The same concept that works in the pros
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5417
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Zoom and Jtagg sitting in a tree...


P-O-S-T-I-N-G
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5417
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

It is not just about being fast, but speed is what made the offense as dangerous as it was. Kelly is a very smart and creative coach, so I will not give the players speed take all the credit, but his offense was very much based on speed. James, Barner, and DAT are/were amongst the fastest RBs in the country and Mariota is one of the fastest QBs as well. He adapts his offense to suit his personnel (Blount and Marshall werent fast) but for the most part he recruited really fast players because those are the guys that thrive in his system.

What's funny is that you say a misconception about Chip's offense is that it needs fast players, yet there have been several instances where you say he needs a fast QB and I have replied to you saying that he does not. That is a major misconception. He always has and always will alter his scheme and gameplan to suit the best players on his team. There's a reason you rarely saw Darron Thomas run option plays or have a designed run. Same reason you didn't see Masoli passing very much. Chip recognizes no players are alike and they can't all be forced into one concrete scheme.


Of course there were players with speed. But heck thanks to Al Davis aren't the Raiders loaded with speed?

And it wasn't success at Oregon just because "we're faster than everybody so any play we can take to the house"

It was out scheming people and making them pick their poison with numbers in terms of players inside and outside the box defensively

The same concept that works in the pros


Uh, yea everything you just said...

is pretty much exactly what I said.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5417
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
@zoom

i hear what you are saying but i just dont think we can offer cp what he needs or even give him better than he had in cinci. maybe you are right and his style of qb needs a top 5 defense just to stay afloat. just for arguments sake lets blame the team. arguable the team we have here is worse than cinci across the board. why do you think he can succeed here?

trust me i bought into cp3 and gave him a chance (even called him carson bomber) and he just kept screwing up. imo he will never be more than a top 15-20 qb. his prime has passed him by and right now he is just getting by on talent and arm strength. we can blame everyone else in the world but the one common factor is cp. maybe i shouldnt think like that but ive seen a lot of him and since my fam are bengals i heard a lot about him and its about 30/70 (good/bad).

thats why im ready to move on from cp. he wont be able to get it done here cause we dont have the money or talent he requires and he doesnt have the years left that we require. you cant rebuild with a 32 yo qb imo.

you made a great argument and made me do hella homework Laughing

ps i will never stop drinking bourbon muahahahaha


I honestly dont disagree with anything you just said. I would rather not pay a 32 year old QB over $10M, but if we ditch him now idk who we could roll with. As you know, I'm not confident in Pryor as a starter yet. I suppose if we could sign a vet like Matt Moore. He would probably move the ball/score less but also turn it over less. If McFadden can get back to his old self then we dont necessarily need a QB who can carry the team to have a winning record. It just sucks knowing Palmer is not our future, but he is costing us so much, and since Pryor looks to be a ways away from being ready for that, it means we still have to draft a QB to lead this team in the near future.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 15293
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
@zoom

i hear what you are saying but i just dont think we can offer cp what he needs or even give him better than he had in cinci. maybe you are right and his style of qb needs a top 5 defense just to stay afloat. just for arguments sake lets blame the team. arguable the team we have here is worse than cinci across the board. why do you think he can succeed here?

trust me i bought into cp3 and gave him a chance (even called him carson bomber) and he just kept screwing up. imo he will never be more than a top 15-20 qb. his prime has passed him by and right now he is just getting by on talent and arm strength. we can blame everyone else in the world but the one common factor is cp. maybe i shouldnt think like that but ive seen a lot of him and since my fam are bengals i heard a lot about him and its about 30/70 (good/bad).

thats why im ready to move on from cp. he wont be able to get it done here cause we dont have the money or talent he requires and he doesnt have the years left that we require. you cant rebuild with a 32 yo qb imo.

you made a great argument and made me do hella homework Laughing

ps i will never stop drinking bourbon muahahahaha


I honestly dont disagree with anything you just said. I would rather not pay a 32 year old QB over $10M, but if we ditch him now idk who we could roll with. As you know, I'm not confident in Pryor as a starter yet. I suppose if we could sign a vet like Matt Moore. He would probably move the ball/score less but also turn it over less. If McFadden can get back to his old self then we dont necessarily need a QB who can carry the team to have a winning record. It just sucks knowing Palmer is not our future, but he is costing us so much, and since Pryor looks to be a ways away from being ready for that, it means we still have to draft a QB to lead this team in the near future.


i hear you but cp has only led us to 8 wins in a year and a half. imo matt moore or tp could do the same. hell even a broken clock is right twice a day Laughing

oh yea and t minus 2 hours to bourbon time Cool
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you


Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
Page 36 of 36

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group