Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you be okay with Pryor going forward?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you like Oakland to do at QB next season?
Start Palmer, develop Pryor
56%
 56%  [ 37 ]
Start Pryor, Carson mentor
18%
 18%  [ 12 ]
Start Palmer, cut Pryor, get a new QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Start Pryor, draft QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 65

JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
ESPN Insider wrote:
Terrelle Pryor: In no way does he appear ready to be a full-time NFL starter. Not at all, in fact. But he could be a nice developmental prospect, and is there a team in the NFL more desperate for draft picks than the Raiders? Even if they don't want Pryor to start, the Eagles should make a call to Reggie McKenzie to assess his cost. It's hard to think of a system where Pryor would have a better chance to succeed.

ESPN is making me really happy right now. Then I'll be sad when it doesn't happen... at least I'm prepared for it.

PM sig requests.
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
ESPN Insider wrote:
Terrelle Pryor: In no way does he appear ready to be a full-time NFL starter. Not at all, in fact. But he could be a nice developmental prospect, and is there a team in the NFL more desperate for draft picks than the Raiders? Even if they don't want Pryor to start, the Eagles should make a call to Reggie McKenzie to assess his cost. It's hard to think of a system where Pryor would have a better chance to succeed.

ESPN is making me really happy right now. Then I'll be sad when it doesn't happen... at least I'm prepared for it.

I wouldn't be mad either way. Because we all know our QB isn't on the roster.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
ESPN Insider wrote:

I wouldn't be mad either way. Because we all know our QB isn't on the roster.

If it meant Foles was coming our way, it could.... I don't think he's the answer but swapping him for Pryor would be a steal for us. If we could snag a 3rd, I'll take that also.

PM sig requests.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will revel in watching the Pryor camp explain why they would not back a trade involving Pryor . . . .unless of course they got a QB with the kind of "swag" that more accurately represents Oakland.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
I will revel in watching the Pryor camp explain why they would not back a trade involving Pryor . . . .unless of course they got a QB with the kind of "swag" that more accurately represents Oakland.
Trolling hardcore.

Burgesskills

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason for posting the difference between CP and Brees is the all mighy and powerful Tagg tried to compare Palmer to Brees and their INT/Attempts %....

The Saints are more talented.

Dessie how was my post? Negative? Did I say anything negative about anyone?
thebeyonder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team isn't winning anything with Palmer and he has no potential so what is the point in keeping him?

We need a better team or a more effective quarterback.

I would go with starting Pryor next year with an offseason to learn and seeing how he does. I don't see what Carson offers except disappointment. Laughing
macklemore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebeyonder wrote:
This team isn't winning anything with Palmer and he has no potential so what is the point in keeping him?

what is with all the good posters using marvel comic monikers? did I miss the memo?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebeyonder wrote:

We need a better team or a more effective quarterback.

I would go with starting Pryor next year with an offseason to learn and seeing how he does. I don't see what Carson offers except disappointment. Laughing

Palmer gives the team a better chance to win. Smarter QB, better arm, get rid of the ball quickly. But he needs help from the running game and his WRs.

So you are right, we need a better team. That's a no-brainer. The talent on this team isn't good enough to compete right now.

As for a Pryor. How much more time does he need to learn before people understand he is what he is. IMO, he had a year to learn the mechanics and fundamentals of being a passer and they haven't proven anything. He's the same guys he's always been.

The Raiders team offers disappointment regardless of the QB IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Brees 670 attempts 43 TD's and 19 Ints and his team won 7 games

Palmer 565 attempts 22 TD's and 14 Int's...4 wins....

I'm confused what this is about. Brees is obviously better than Palmer, something nobody has ever argued, but if you are focusing on wins, at least acknowledge that the Saints roster and staff are much better than ours, too.

Bress also scored 21 more TDs that's 126 more points..imagine how many more games we win scoring those TDs..

Well seeing as those 21 TDs only got them 3 more wins than us...

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

I'm confused what this is about. Brees is obviously better than Palmer, something nobody has ever argued, but if you are focusing on wins, at least acknowledge that the Saints roster and staff are much better than ours, too.

Bress also scored 21 more TDs that's 126 more points..imagine how many more games we win scoring those TDs..

I was going to say exactly..but then I realized we would have be 7-9 and these guys would be rioting because we regressed.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

I was going to say exactly..but then I realized we would have be 7-9 and these guys would be rioting because we regressed.

LOL, yeah. The Saints are better at virtually every position, coaching, and playcalling than we are, and 5K yards and 43 TDs from their QB still only got them 7 wins. People can pin all the responsibility they want on a QB, but it is a team sport.

I'm sure someone will misread this post and think I'm comparing Palmer to Brees.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

LOL, yeah. The Saints are better at virtually every position, coaching, and playcalling than we are, and 5K yards and 43 TDs from their QB still only got them 7 wins. People can pin all the responsibility they want on a QB, but it is a team sport.

I'm sure someone will misread this post and think I'm comparing Palmer to Brees.

WHY are you comparing Brees and Palmer?!
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

Absolutely agree and absolutely agree. Then it will be all my fault why they misread it LOL.

I still can't believe this even has to be discussed. There's a thread going around in General about whether the wins and losses are solely on the QB. They should take the circus in there and see what the others all have to say.

PM sig requests.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

lol they didnt have their hc for the whole season and got their other coach back mid season. not to mention their defensive captain vilma was out all year. you guys are funny.

they also had the 5th best strength of schedule
we had the 26th best strength of schedule

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 25 of 36

Jump to: