Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you be okay with Pryor going forward?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you like Oakland to do at QB next season?
Start Palmer, develop Pryor
56%
 56%  [ 37 ]
Start Pryor, Carson mentor
18%
 18%  [ 12 ]
Start Palmer, cut Pryor, get a new QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Start Pryor, draft QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 65

ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
This Chip Kelly hiring got me thinking. If he wants a mobile QB, this adds another team looking like a potential trading partner for Pryor. For those of you who are willing to develop him and say, trade him, what would you want in return? I for one want to keep him and would not trade him for anything less then a low 2nd. Sure its alot for an unproven backup, but trading him for a 3rd would just be a wash compared to where we drafted him. I would prefer to keep him as the potential QBOTF and use him in special packages if he is not ready to start next season.

A common misconception about Chip Kelly is that he needs a mobile QB. He may want one, but then again I think most HCs without an established QB would like to have a QB with that added dimension. Since his time at Oregon, he has been able to adapt his offense and his gameplan to all of his players- QBs included. Masoli was a good runner and bad passer, so they ran more of an option. Thomas was a good passer but nothing special as a runner, so they passed more. Mariota is a good passer and good runner, so they ran a more balanced offense than with the previous QBs. Kelly is a bold and smart playcaller, but his real genius IMO is his ability to find what his players are best at, letting them do that, and getting the most out of them.

I dont think he will go out of his way for a mobile QB, especially not one as raw as Pryor. Kelly will do just fine with a good ol' fashioned pocket passer if thats what he's got.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kelly came with an offer that included Foles I would junp at it.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
If Kelly came with an offer that included Foles I would junp at it.

Vick starting, Pryor waiting as 2nd string. Sounds good to me!!!

PM sig requests.
Django

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Good theory. Will be interesting. When I found out Kelly went there, I was wondering how Foles would fit in. I'd take Foles for Pryor all day, every day. Kelly has first hand experience in watching Pryor also 4 years ago I believe it was.

DO IT!!

Now THAT is something I'd be interested in. I wanted Foles as a developmental guy that draft but we didn't get him.

It literally is the PERFECT scenario.

>Roll w/ Palmer until he's done
>Let Foles sit and learn for a year or two
> Implement a well groomed Foles
> QB for 5-7 years hopefully
> Happy Raider fans

I am crossing my fingers BIG TIME w/ this one especially more since Pryor had a pretty good game against Oregon that year. PLEASE let this happen. I knew the off-season would be exciting LOL.

Pryor had his best game ever against Oregon didnt he?

Do it..
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Now THAT is something I'd be interested in. I wanted Foles as a developmental guy that draft but we didn't get him.

Really? I've heard it all now. You guys dog Pryor all day every day, but we saw a much bigger preview of what Nick Foles could do...he looked awful.

Tagg what's all this talk about the Saints losing in the same breathe as Brees? I thought wins losses weren't the QB's responsibility (still sounds/looks dumb)? You're going to compare the Saints situation to the Raiders? Jackson was let go and replaced, Sean Payton was suspended. Brees running game was horrible and their defense is bad too. They throw the ball a lot. The int's he threw this year were terrible, to me even all the TD's don't make up for it, but he was still way more effective than Palmer and they won more games than us...

Palmer is not anything more than decent, face it. Comparing Palmer to a future HOF QB is laughable....
Django

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Django wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
This Chip Kelly hiring got me thinking. If he wants a mobile QB, this adds another team looking like a potential trading partner for Pryor. For those of you who are willing to develop him and say, trade him, what would you want in return? I for one want to keep him and would not trade him for anything less then a low 2nd. Sure its alot for an unproven backup, but trading him for a 3rd would just be a wash compared to where we drafted him. I would prefer to keep him as the potential QBOTF and use him in special packages if he is not ready to start next season.

Here ya go..

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8814504/nfl-terrelle-pryor-matt-flynn-quarterbacks-philadelphia-ealges-target-chip-kelly

Cant read the good stuff since im not an "insider"... damn website. Wanna paste what they say?

Was actually hoping somebody pasted it as well....At least the Pryor part..
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brees 670 attempts 43 TD's and 19 Ints and his team won 7 games

Palmer 565 attempts 22 TD's and 14 Int's...4 wins....
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:

I'm confused what this is about. Brees is obviously better than Palmer, something nobody has ever argued, but if you are focusing on wins, at least acknowledge that the Saints roster and staff are much better than ours, too.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:

Pryor had his best game ever against Oregon didnt he?

Do it..

I do believe he did. I really hope this happens and this team has taught me whenever I really hope something happens, it doesnt' happen......

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

I'm confused what this is about. Brees is obviously better than Palmer, something nobody has ever argued, but if you are focusing on wins, at least acknowledge that the Saints roster and staff are much better than ours, too.

More wasted keystrokes LOL

PM sig requests.
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

Bress also scored 21 more TDs that's 126 more points..imagine how many more games we win scoring those TDs..
holyghost

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

Bress also scored 21 more TDs that's 126 more points..imagine how many more games we win scoring those TDs..

Now I am confused and I must say this argument has descended into entire stupidity.

Brees >>> Palmer. Who here doesn't already know and accept this?
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

Now I am confused and I must say this argument has descended into entire stupidity.

Think we must be reading it wrong as Burgesskills is a postive poster.
#clueless
NickButera

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

Think we must be reading it wrong as Burgesskills is a postive poster.

When I read it, the first thing I thought of was; Wow, here's an elite QB who has the ability to put his team on his back, and threw for double the amount of TD's as Palmer did.... and their team still could only come up with a below mediocre 7 wins and were never in the playoff picture once this season.

What I got from it was the disconnect between QB stats/play and a teams win total. But I don't know for sure what he was trying to say Think

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN Insider wrote:
Terrelle Pryor: In no way does he appear ready to be a full-time NFL starter. Not at all, in fact. But he could be a nice developmental prospect, and is there a team in the NFL more desperate for draft picks than the Raiders? Even if they don't want Pryor to start, the Eagles should make a call to Reggie McKenzie to assess his cost. It's hard to think of a system where Pryor would have a better chance to succeed.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 24 of 36

Jump to: