Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you be okay with Pryor going forward?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you like Oakland to do at QB next season?
Start Palmer, develop Pryor
56%
 56%  [ 37 ]
Start Pryor, Carson mentor
18%
 18%  [ 12 ]
Start Palmer, cut Pryor, get a new QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Start Pryor, draft QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 65

JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
losing his coach, team under turmoil maybe played a small role

Carson had a new coach, a new OC w/ a completely new offense, a new GM, and a complete rebuild of an organization.... why doesn't he get these excuses?? Accompany that w/ the fact he hasn't been w/ his team as long as Brees either. Seems like Carson had to go through more IMO but you don't seem to agree.... why??

Quote:
but ive said it before if you throw 43 tds im cool with at least half of them being ints. if palmer threw 43 tds and 21 ints id have no choice but to praise him.

But wait... here you said you're cool w/ TDs, but down below, you said you're cool w/ wins....

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
It is when it supports his argument LOL then it turns to satire. More failing....

Not only that, the whole "He threw more TDs" is so obnoxious. Who's the MVP of a drive that goes 99 yards:

The QB who completed a 50 yard pass to a WR who ran to the 1 yard line and was tracked from behind

or

The RB who ran it in on the next play

It's the age old question. According to Dr Coughman's theory, the QB is worthless on that drive and means nothing b/c the RB, who just came off the exercise bike, has the "1" in his TD column.

if it leads to a win then its all good Cool

Well the Saints lost a lot of games this season w/ all those TDs that Brees threw.... which side are you on? Do you even know or are you just making this up as you go along??

PM sig requests.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Carson had a new coach, a new OC w/ a completely new offense, a new GM, and a complete rebuild of an organization.... why doesn't he get these excuses?? Accompany that w/ the fact he hasn't been w/ his team as long as Brees either. Seems like Carson had to go through more IMO but you don't seem to agree.... why??

Quote:
but ive said it before if you throw 43 tds im cool with at least half of them being ints. if palmer threw 43 tds and 21 ints id have no choice but to praise him.

But wait... here you said you're cool w/ TDs, but down below, you said you're cool w/ wins....

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
It is when it supports his argument LOL then it turns to satire. More failing....

Not only that, the whole "He threw more TDs" is so obnoxious. Who's the MVP of a drive that goes 99 yards:

The QB who completed a 50 yard pass to a WR who ran to the 1 yard line and was tracked from behind

or

It's the age old question. According to Dr Coughman's theory, the QB is worthless on that drive and means nothing b/c the RB, who just came off the exercise bike, has the "1" in his TD column.

Well the Saints lost a lot of games this season w/ all those TDs that Brees threw.... which side are you on? Do you even know or are you just making this up as you go along??

-if cp threw 43 tds in a bad year again id praise him. hell if he had a 2:1 ratio id praise him and i told you that before the season. remember?

-i said
Quote:
ask jtagg im all about sb wins, win/loss records and tds:ints ratios.

-brees lost a lot of games this season? really Laughing have you looked at our record this year? or cp's record the last three years? now thats losing a lot of games

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Quote:

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

or

-if cp threw 43 tds in a bad year again id praise him. hell if he had a 2:1 ratio id praise him and i told you that before the season. remember?

-i said
Quote:

-brees lost a lot of games this season? really Laughing have you looked at our record this year? or cp's record the last three years? now thats losing a lot of games

Again, you failed to answer the question. Which is more important to you: Scoring TDs or winning games?

Oh and I remember you saying the 2:1 ratio b/c Carson had that pretty much all season and you did nothing but dishonor your requirements and dog the crap out of him. You wouldn't praise Carson if your life depended on it.

Also, I never said Brees lost games. Don't try to quote things I did not say. I'm not dumb enough to think wins and losses solely lie on one person of a TEAM.

PM sig requests.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Not only that, but Brees also had a great supporting cast. Bushrod, Grubbs, Evans, and Graham are all Pro-Bowlers. Colston is one of the better WRs in the game and Sproles is one of the most versatile and consistent weapons in the NFL. Palmer had an ineffective and injury-prone RB, inconsistent WRs, and a poor offensive line. Not only that, but he had to play in an offense ill-suited for his abilities run by arguably the worst OC in the league. Dont try to blame the Saints offensive struggles on losing Payton- last season Carmichael (who took over this year) called the plays for 10 games and they averaged 476 yards, 27 1st downs and 37 PPG during that stretch.

What sounds like a worse scenario for a QB:

1) Having a legit #1 WR, the game's top TE, 3 Pro-Bowl offensive linemen, and a dangerous multi-purpose weapon and losing your HC, while having a playcaller that helped you put up enough yards to beat the top team this year by 50 yards/game.

2) Having a new HC, new OC, poor offensive line, no #1 WR, and a 28th ranked run game.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Quote:

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

or

-i said
Quote:

Again, you failed to answer the question. Which is more important to you: Scoring TDs or winning games?

Oh and I remember you saying the 2:1 ratio b/c Carson had that pretty much all season and you did nothing but dishonor your requirements and dog the crap out of him. You wouldn't praise Carson if your life depended on it.

Also, I never said Brees lost games. Don't try to quote things I did not say. I'm not dumb enough to think wins and losses solely lie on one person of a TEAM.

-id say winning games is more important off top. but its hard to win games without scoring tds so they kinda go hand in hand

-sorry i didnt praise cp at week five when he had a 2:1 ratio. i should have thrown a party for that major milestone of his cause after that it was gone. silly me i waited till midseason and the end of the year to look at his stats.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Not only that, but Brees also had a great supporting cast. Bushrod, Grubbs, Evans, and Graham are all Pro-Bowlers. Colston is one of the better WRs in the game and Sproles is one of the most versatile and consistent weapons in the NFL. Palmer had an ineffective and injury-prone RB, inconsistent WRs, and a poor offensive line. Not only that, but he had to play in an offense ill-suited for his abilities run by arguably the worst OC in the league. Dont try to blame the Saints offensive struggles on losing Payton- last season Carmichael (who took over this year) called the plays for 10 games and they averaged 476 yards, 27 1st downs and 37 PPG during that stretch.

1) Having a legit #1 WR, the game's top TE, 3 Pro-Bowl offensive linemen, and a dangerous multi-purpose weapon and losing your HC, while having a playcaller that helped you put up enough yards to beat the top team this year by 50 yards/game.

2) Having a new HC, new OC, poor offensive line, no #1 WR, and a 28th ranked run game.

so if you know their situations are so different why do you guys keep trying to compare them?

Brick wall

the only guy you can compare him to support your argument is eli but that stops as soon as you look in his trophy case.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
so if you know their situations are so different why do you guys keep trying to compare them?

Brick wall

...because Brees was in the better situation and still threw more interceptions. But you didn't get on his back about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Brick wall

...because Brees was in the better situation and still threw more interceptions. But you didn't get on his back about it.

he isnt on our team so i didnt really care and i barely even watched him. Laughing but im sure the 43 tds kinda smoothed it over for the saints fans but idk im not a saint fan.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Brick wall

the only guy you can compare him to support your argument is eli but that stops as soon as you look in his trophy case.

Because Palmer backers say he will do better with a good OL, run game and WRs, and Palmer haters say "Cant the same be said for any QB", in which case we point back to the fact that Palmer had arguably the worst supporting cast, from OL to RB to WR to OC than any QB ranked ahead of him in an major statistical category, wins included. Obviously all that stuff will help any QB out, and thats why we bring it up- because Palmer has NONE of those things that help a QB out. Then people talked about Brees, then his interceptions, then it led to a comparison between him and Palmer.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Chip Kelly hiring got me thinking. If he wants a mobile QB, this adds another team looking like a potential trading partner for Pryor. For those of you who are willing to develop him and say, trade him, what would you want in return? I for one want to keep him and would not trade him for anything less then a low 2nd. Sure its alot for an unproven backup, but trading him for a 3rd would just be a wash compared to where we drafted him. I would prefer to keep him as the potential QBOTF and use him in special packages if he is not ready to start next season.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Django

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
This Chip Kelly hiring got me thinking. If he wants a mobile QB, this adds another team looking like a potential trading partner for Pryor. For those of you who are willing to develop him and say, trade him, what would you want in return? I for one want to keep him and would not trade him for anything less then a low 2nd. Sure its alot for an unproven backup, but trading him for a 3rd would just be a wash compared to where we drafted him. I would prefer to keep him as the potential QBOTF and use him in special packages if he is not ready to start next season.

Here ya go..

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8814504/nfl-terrelle-pryor-matt-flynn-quarterbacks-philadelphia-ealges-target-chip-kelly
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Here ya go..

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8814504/nfl-terrelle-pryor-matt-flynn-quarterbacks-philadelphia-ealges-target-chip-kelly

Cant read the good stuff since im not an "insider"... damn website. Wanna paste what they say?

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good theory. Will be interesting. When I found out Kelly went there, I was wondering how Foles would fit in. I'd take Foles for Pryor all day, every day. Kelly has first hand experience in watching Pryor also 4 years ago I believe it was.

DO IT!!

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Good theory. Will be interesting. When I found out Kelly went there, I was wondering how Foles would fit in. I'd take Foles for Pryor all day, every day. Kelly has first hand experience in watching Pryor also 4 years ago I believe it was.

DO IT!!

Now THAT is something I'd be interested in. I wanted Foles as a developmental guy that draft but we didn't get him.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

DO IT!!

Now THAT is something I'd be interested in. I wanted Foles as a developmental guy that draft but we didn't get him.

It literally is the PERFECT scenario.

>Roll w/ Palmer until he's done
>Let Foles sit and learn for a year or two
> Implement a well groomed Foles
> QB for 5-7 years hopefully
> Happy Raider fans

I am crossing my fingers BIG TIME w/ this one especially more since Pryor had a pretty good game against Oregon that year. PLEASE let this happen. I knew the off-season would be exciting LOL.

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 23 of 36

Jump to: