Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you be okay with Pryor going forward?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you like Oakland to do at QB next season?
Start Palmer, develop Pryor
56%
 56%  [ 37 ]
Start Pryor, Carson mentor
18%
 18%  [ 12 ]
Start Palmer, cut Pryor, get a new QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Start Pryor, draft QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 65

JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
You take this one decent game and bank on it. I'll bank on the NFL being the NFL and use a much larger sample of his past and say that a QB who throws balls like he's throwing oops to Kobe, if he can even accurately get it there, won't succeed. Name me A QB who's arm strength sucked and was inaccurate and succeeded? Good luck.

This is what I'm saying. Defensive backs will lick their chops week in and week out if Pryor is a 16 game starter. He may have only been picked off once, but it was one game. Those types of throws are the ones defenses dream about and we wouldn't get off with only one pick on a regular basis. Not only that, but SD had what, 2 days to prep for Pryor? If he were named starter, teams would probably be able to gameplan for a QB who will run wild but also has throws that look like punts.

and you guys dont think dbs lick their chops when they know they are facing cp? db's prolly send cp gift baskets every year. imo its hard to prep for tp's improvising. i dont think any defense fears cp or dmac anymore.

No, they don't. I can almost surely guarantee you, since you're a big stat guy, that Pryor would throw more INTs and have a far less completion percentage than Palmer and also score less.

Palmer threw his lowest interception total in 4 years in almost his most attempts EVER in his career. In fact, his INT to ATT ratio was the best ever in his entire career and all this w/o a running game or offensive line and you still [inappropriate/removed] and moan about him. You are truly a piece of work.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Only watched the first half so far. The big worry is that he looks exactly like he did in pre-season, his footwork is really poor and has not improved at all. He still lobs up ducks as well. Worrying that in 4months these things haven't changed at all. He's definitely worth #2 spot though, and he should be given more time in games on certain plays.

He looks exactly like he did his sophomore year at OSU. It's what I've been saying all along. He hasn't progressed and if he has, it's been very little.... but the advocates will say "coaching will fix that"...... well..... it hasn't the past half decade, what's going to change? LOL.

I like your description of his throws also. You've been looking at my sig hahaha

PM sig requests.
Tacos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking through mocks and some posts here and I don't know if I'd want Matt Moore as a replacement should anything be done with Palmer. Matt can be pretty good, I wanted him to be the starter in Carolina, but he has a pretty bad turnover problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
Looking through mocks and some posts here and I don't know if I'd want Matt Moore as a replacement should anything be done with Palmer. Matt can be pretty good, I wanted him to be the starter in Carolina, but he has a pretty bad turnover problem.

I'd rather have Matt Flynn or Alex Smith.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle won't get rid of Flynn this season for back-up purposes and his contract isn't terrible so holding onto him won't be killer to the pocket book. We will have a terrible time w/ Smith as our QB. Remember when SF didn't have a dominant offensive line, running game, and defense? Remember how good Smith was? I don't want any part of him.

The QB situation is definitely a nice topic to keep an eye on this upcoming season. I'm hoping for a restructure w/ Palmer and the same personnel we have this season (w/ an obvious replacement for Leinart since Knapp is gone). Palmer gives us the best chance to win considering all QBs on the roster and realistically available. There's not much else to it.

PM sig requests.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
You take this one decent game and bank on it. I'll bank on the NFL being the NFL and use a much larger sample of his past and say that a QB who throws balls like he's throwing oops to Kobe, if he can even accurately get it there, won't succeed. Name me A QB who's arm strength sucked and was inaccurate and succeeded? Good luck.

This is what I'm saying. Defensive backs will lick their chops week in and week out if Pryor is a 16 game starter. He may have only been picked off once, but it was one game. Those types of throws are the ones defenses dream about and we wouldn't get off with only one pick on a regular basis. Not only that, but SD had what, 2 days to prep for Pryor? If he were named starter, teams would probably be able to gameplan for a QB who will run wild but also has throws that look like punts.

and you guys dont think dbs lick their chops when they know they are facing cp? db's prolly send cp gift baskets every year. imo its hard to prep for tp's improvising. i dont think any defense fears cp or dmac anymore.

No, they don't. I can almost surely guarantee you, since you're a big stat guy, that Pryor would throw more INTs and have a far less completion percentage than Palmer and also score less.

Palmer threw his lowest interception total in 4 years in almost his most attempts EVER in his career. In fact, his INT to ATT ratio was the best ever in his entire career and all this w/o a running game or offensive line and you still [inappropriate/removed] and moan about him. You are truly a piece of work.

um he had 13 ints in 09 so wouldnt that make it his lowest in 3yrs but anyways

even though he didnt finish the season you're right he should get props cause usually when he goes over 565att like in 2010 and 2007 he gets 20 ints. so yes you are right he should get props and i should be happy that he ONLY threw 14 ints. silly me those are great qb #'s how could i have missed this glorious milestone in cps career.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

even though he didnt finish the season you're right he should get props cause usually when he goes over 565att like in 2010 and 2007 he gets 20 ints. so yes you are right he should get props and i should be happy that he ONLY threw 14 ints. silly me those are great qb #'s how could i have missed this glorious milestone in cps career.

This post made me laugh. Just the tone haha.

Maybe he meant 2010, 2011 and 2012. But I think of last 3 years like you do NCough.

Drew Brees, Tony Romo, Andrew Luck, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Matthew Stafford, Brandon Weeden, Andy Dalton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Jay Cutler and Matt Ryan all threw as many or more INTs. Considering how much more almost all of them have to work with, I'm alright with 14.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Maybe he meant 2010, 2011 and 2012. But I think of last 3 years like you do NCough.

Drew Brees, Tony Romo, Andrew Luck, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Matthew Stafford, Brandon Weeden, Andy Dalton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Jay Cutler and Matt Ryan all threw as many or more INTs. Considering how much more almost all of them have to work with, I'm alright with 14.

i think they all played all 16 games also iirc but hey i guess thats good company to be in. hip hip hooray hip hip hooray.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

My bad for the keystroke. If you actually rate players you've seen, I'll proofread my posts more. But since you want to bring that up, he did have 100 less attempts in 09 than he did this year so take what you want from it.

Now, as for calling it a milestone, that's taking it over the top b/c that's not what I'm saying and who ever said they were great? Oh, just you b/c you have nothing so you attempt to mock the information provided. I gave you your favorite substance, stats, to refute your stupid point you attempted to make and you got nothing so you turn to satire. Once again, proving you have absolutely nothing to base your claim off of. Thanks. If you don't think Pryor would throw 14 INTs in one season, that's your fault.... but you still make up excuses for Russell so I don't expect you to understand one bit.

PM sig requests.

Last edited by JTagg7754 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
i think they all played all 16 games also iirc but hey i guess thats good company to be in. hip hip hooray hip hip hooray.

More satire.

PM sig requests.
91jmay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Maths is your friend Rolling Eyes

Brees threw a pick every 35 passes. You know, HOF candidate Drew Brees.

Palmer threw a pick every 40 passes.

Reigning Superbowl MVP Eli Manning? A pick every 35.

Phil Rivers? A pick every 35.

Keep on hating them. It makes you look ridiculous. Palmer's INT totals were very good this year.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:

Shhhhh Eli is in his list of top 10 QBs of all time. Don't tell him this......

PM sig requests.
91jmay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
91jmay wrote:

Shhhhh Eli is in his list of top 10 QBs of all time. Don't tell him this......

If i mention his career sub 60% rate I get the impression his head would explode?

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
NCOUGHMAN

JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

My bad for the keystroke. If you actually rate players you've seen, I'll proofread my posts more. But since you want to bring that up, he did have 100 less attempts in 09 than he did this year so take what you want from it.

Now, as for calling it a milestone, that's taking it over the top b/c that's not what I'm saying and who ever said they were great? Oh, just you b/c you have nothing so you attempt to mock the information provided. I gave you your favorite substance, stats, to refute your stupid point you attempted to make and you got nothing so you turn to satire. Once again, proving you have absolutely nothing to base your claim off of. Thanks. If you don't think Pryor would throw 14 INTs in one season, that's your fault.... but you still make up excuses for Russell so I don't expect you to understand one bit.

back to using demeaning words i see lol. i just acknowledged your facts. sorry i wasnt as impressed with them as you were.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
Silver&Black88

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

You don't have to get all snippy bro. Sanchez, Cutler and Weeden didn't play all 16 off the top of my head. There are some legit QBs in there too. Even with real weapons. Brees' situation carrying the team wasn't all that different than Palmer's and he has a better OL, TE, WRs and a running game to lean on. What's his excuse?

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 21 of 36

Jump to: