Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you be okay with Pryor going forward?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you like Oakland to do at QB next season?
Start Palmer, develop Pryor
56%
 56%  [ 37 ]
Start Pryor, Carson mentor
18%
 18%  [ 12 ]
Start Palmer, cut Pryor, get a new QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Start Pryor, draft QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 65

Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best player should play.

When people try and argue against Pryor with a such a damning tone it just makes me shake my head, i thought he did pretty well with limited reps. And BBIB info is falling on def ears, while others are actually excited to go into next year with Palmer starting.

So pumped to watch Palmer 8th losing season in his 10 year career YAY!!
#teambestchancetowin
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:

When people try and argue against Pryor with a such a damning tone it just makes me shake my head, i thought he did pretty well with limited reps. And BBIB info is falling on def ears, while others are actually excited to go into next year with Palmer starting.

#teambestchancetowin

Palmer does give us the best chance to win though. I guess this is just the crux of the issue. We just disagree on who gives us the vest chance to win.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:

#teambestchancetowin

dayum. wow. smh to some posters wins and losses dont define a qb.

#teambestchancetowin Laughing

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

#teambestchancetowin

That's what happens when you're playing with the Bengals and Raiders your whole career.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

#teambestchancetowin

That's what happens when you're playing with the Bengals and Raiders your whole career.

why is it when cp fails its the team's fault, but when he succeeds he gets all the praise?

why is it that the only time he went to playoffs is when he had a respectable season putting up respectable #'s?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:

#teambestchancetowin

Pyror has lost 100% of the games he's started in the nfl regular season.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

#teambestchancetowin

True, but he doesn't have a 8 losing seasons, i know the losing wasn't all on Palmer. But that's a lot of losing, a real trend.

Last edited by Nodisrespect on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

#teambestchancetowin

True, but he doesn't have a 8 losing seasons, i know the losing wasn't all on Palmer. But that's a lot of losing, a real trend.

It is. But if you look at what he worked with, I don't see why he catches as much heat as he does. I agree he makes a terrible decision occasionally and his mobility is somewhat limited. But just because he couldn't consistently win while putting the team on his back week in and week out doesn't mean he's as bad as he gets flamed for IMO.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

#teambestchancetowin

It is. But if you look at what he worked with, I don't see why he catches as much heat as he does. I agree he makes a terrible decision occasionally and his mobility is somewhat limited. But just because he couldn't consistently win while putting the team on his back week in and week out doesn't mean he's as bad as he gets flamed for IMO.

It's not really the tangible things he gets flamed for though, it's the lack of intangibles. He honestly seems content with him career, zero chips on his shoulders. Not very inspiring.

Ultimately we probably need a new QB from the draft, and we are both reasoning for the wrong guy. We shall see. Confused
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
It's not really the tangible things he gets flamed for though, it's the lack of intangibles. He honestly seems content with him career, zero chips on his shoulders. Not very inspiring.

Ultimately we probably need a new QB from the draft, and we are both reasoning for the wrong guy. We shall see. Confused

There's nothing wrong with being content with where he is in his career. He showed a lot of heart this season imo, hanging in there like he did. But that's neither here nor there, so I digress.

I disagree with getting a QB from this draft other than Barkley in the 2nd or 3rd and that's just the Trojan homer in me. I don't disagree with the last sentence though.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't see Palmer gives us the best chance to win, call an optometrist.

PM sig requests.
NickButera

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
And BBIB info is falling on def ears,

Not really, BBIB is saying that this theory of offense can't lose. Which just isn't the case. The way he is portraying it is that it is unstoppable and pretty much makes the QB as we know it obsolete. All the new age QB has to to is be able to run well and be an average passer. Of course a lot of people will be opposed to that idea, it's a very radical thought IMO and different from anything we've ever seen happen. I beg to differ, I say an average passer will have a tough time, almost impossible time, sustaining high levels of success no matter the scheme he is in.

While it is an interesting theory, I think it needs to be tweaked a bit to make more sense. I think when you have a great passer who can run very well coupled with a scheme that takes advantage of all of his capabilities.... you get an offense, while not unstoppable, is very hard to defend against.

Once again, he says scheme can dictate the success of an average QB as long as he is 'dual threat'. I disagree, I say the QB himself has to be talented enough (much better than average) in all areas to begin with, otherwise there will be no long term sustained success.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
And BBIB info is falling on def ears,

Not really, BBIB is saying that this theory of offense can't lose. Which just isn't the case. The way he is portraying it is that it is unstoppable and pretty much makes the QB as we know it obsolete. All the new age QB has to to is be able to run well and be an average passer. Of course a lot of people will be opposed to that idea, it's a very radical thought IMO and different from anything we've ever seen happen. I beg to differ, I say an average passer will have a tough time, almost impossible time, sustaining high levels of success no matter the scheme he is in.

While it is an interesting theory, I think it needs to be tweaked a bit to make more sense. I think when you have a great passer who can run very well coupled with a scheme that takes advantage of all of his capabilities.... you get an offense, while not unstoppable, is very hard to defend against.

Once again, he says scheme can dictate the success of an average QB as long as he is 'dual threat'. I disagree, I say the QB himself has to be talented enough (much better than average) in all areas to begin with, otherwise there will be no long term sustained success.

+1

Saying Pryor (or any other running QB w/ mediocre or worse passing ability) would do better in the Pistoil than in our offense would make for a valid argument. However, thats not what he is saying. He is saying the Pistol formation is set up for any running QB to step in and elevate the entire offense to unstoppable levels. It doesnt matter what mathematical formulas he is looking at, it is not that black and white.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:

a wise man once said the proof is in the pudding.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

a wise man once said the proof is in the pudding.

And you sure like slurping Pryor's pudding.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 29 of 36

Jump to: