Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you be okay with Pryor going forward?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you like Oakland to do at QB next season?
Start Palmer, develop Pryor
56%
 56%  [ 37 ]
Start Pryor, Carson mentor
18%
 18%  [ 12 ]
Start Palmer, cut Pryor, get a new QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Start Pryor, draft QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 65

NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
LOL this thread silly.

I was thinking the same Laughing

im bored Laughing

i come here to be entertained and to kill time.

"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED" Laughing

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm simple? No need for personal attacks, big guy. I never said Payton's absence didnt matter, I said I think NCOUGH was overestimating it's effect on Brees and the offense. Yes, it is obviously going to affect your team, no doubt. What I am saying is that they had a great OC take over and their offense performed pretty much as well as it always has under Payton. 29 PPG is certainly enough for most teams to win more than 7 games. I never said anything about excuses for Brees. The only thing I brought up is that your QB can have a stellar year and your team can still suck.

I'm not attacking you, simple minded is what I meant. You're being sucked in to JTagg's way of thinking. I myself am not making excuses for Brees....he had a great season. I expected the team to struggle without their head coach. Anybody who didn't, then you should watch a new sport.

Tagg tries to find new ways to pump his boy Palmer, bring out int/attempt to make Palmer look comparable to Brees for some reason. Then you guys talk about the Saints only winning 7 games....Payton is one of the best HCs in this league.

I'm not in either QB's camp. I have watched Palmer his entire career...he is so up and down, he makes poor decisions and turns the ball over in the most opportune times. He has not done it his whole career. I've seen enough of the guy to know he is not leading us any where special. For the money, I'd like to see him go. I was impressed with Pryor and would like to see more, before we ship him off. I don't know how good he'll be or what he is capable of, but Palooka and Tagg are convinced he is garbage....I don't get how the sample is too small to say he is good, but enough to say he is garbage.....Palooka and Tagg will tell you he's the same player he was in college. Well coming up from High School in PA and in Columbus he was immature, arrogant, and nobody considered him to be a leader....well he has worked on his character flaws and matured. We see him one game, one NFL game in over two years....

Personally I think Tagg is Palmer's big or little brother.
Dessie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:
I'm simple? No need for personal attacks, big guy. I never said Payton's absence didnt matter, I said I think NCOUGH was overestimating it's effect on Brees and the offense. Yes, it is obviously going to affect your team, no doubt. What I am saying is that they had a great OC take over and their offense performed pretty much as well as it always has under Payton. 29 PPG is certainly enough for most teams to win more than 7 games. I never said anything about excuses for Brees. The only thing I brought up is that your QB can have a stellar year and your team can still suck.

I'm not attacking you, simple minded is what I meant. You're being sucked in to JTagg's way of thinking. I myself am not making excuses for Brees....he had a great season. I expected the team to struggle without their head coach. Anybody who didn't, then you should watch a new sport.

Tagg tries to find new ways to pump his boy Palmer, bring out int/attempt to make Palmer look comparable to Brees for some reason. Then you guys talk about the Saints only winning 7 games....Payton is one of the best HCs in this league.

I'm not in either QB's camp. I have watched Palmer his entire career...he is so up and down, he makes poor decisions and turns the ball over in the most opportune times. He has not done it his whole career. I've seen enough of the guy to know he is not leading us any where special. For the money, I'd like to see him go. I was impressed with Pryor and would like to see more, before we ship him off. I don't know how good he'll be or what he is capable of, but Palooka and Tagg are convinced he is garbage....I don't get how the sample is too small to say he is good, but enough to say he is garbage.....Palooka and Tagg will tell you he's the same player he was in college. Well coming up from High School in PA and in Columbus he was immature, arrogant, and nobody considered him to be a leader....well he has worked on his character flaws and matured. We see him one game, one NFL game in over two years....

Personally I think Tagg is Palmer's big or little brother.

Yup that sounded like an impartial view. Rolling Eyes
#clueless
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
LOL this thread silly.

im bored Laughing

I entertain myself the best I can.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
LOL this thread silly.

im bored Laughing

Haha, I yell that out at work all the time when things start to go bananas.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
LOL this thread silly.

im bored Laughing

Haha, I yell that out at work all the time when things start to go bananas.

i try to say it at least once a week

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Haha calling someone simple minded is still an insult, just so you know for future reference. Its a nicer way of calling somebody a retard. Anyway, I really dont take it personally. I'm not getting sucked into anyone's line of thinking. Some people say QB has the biggest impact on a teams W/L records. When Brees was brought up, I commented on how even though he played great, his team struggled. The reasons for their team struggles are irrelevant because the argument is that QB play determines how well your team will do, and it simply is not true. I'm not comparing Palmer and Brees, thats just stupid. All I ever said is that QBs impact 1/3 of a football game so you cant always put wins or losses on them.

La_Vader wrote:
thebeyonder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
thebeyonder wrote:
This team isn't winning anything with Palmer and he has no potential so what is the point in keeping him?

We need a better team or a more effective quarterback.

I would go with starting Pryor next year with an offseason to learn and seeing how he does. I don't see what Carson offers except disappointment. Laughing

Palmer gives the team a better chance to win. Smarter QB, better arm, get rid of the ball quickly. But he needs help from the running game and his WRs.

So you are right, we need a better team. That's a no-brainer. The talent on this team isn't good enough to compete right now.

As for a Pryor. How much more time does he need to learn before people understand he is what he is. IMO, he had a year to learn the mechanics and fundamentals of being a passer and they haven't proven anything. He's the same guys he's always been.

The Raiders team offers disappointment regardless of the QB IMO.

At the end of the day, this team isn't winning anything with Palmer. The argument that Palmer gives us the best chance to win in any particular game is inconsequential given other niggling facts.

Our record right now is 4-12 and at best 8-8 with Palmer.

If Carson's "best" showing amounts to disappoint regardless of how things turn out, and the chances are he's not getting any better, we're better off experimenting with potential and stalling out for dividends like a shrewd investor. Laughing

Pryor should start. The best scenario is that he does well and becomes our franchise QB. Worst case scenario we lose out and get a shot at next year's #1 QB (most franchise QBs are picked in the first round, frequently at or around #1). Win-win either way. Cool
Strider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebeyonder wrote:
Pryor should start. The best scenario is that he does well and becomes our franchise QB. Worst case scenario we lose out and get a shot at next year's #1 QB (most franchise QBs are picked in the first round, frequently at or around #1). Win-win either way. Cool

Agreed, but the front office would have to be on board with this decision. Both Reggie and DA would lose their jobs if Mark Davis was against this.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teq_PArS2SU

Take a look at this vid. Yes, it is a highlight video, but im not trying to make him look good here. Its pretty obvious that he does indeed throw alot of rainbow footballs, and that will have to obviously improve. However if you look at the throws that were a rainbow, you can tell he never plants his foot correctly. He is either throwing on the run, throwing on his back foot, or doesnt have the right footwork in order to maximize his velocity. Do you guys think that the main problem with his lack of zip and power on his throws are the direct cause of his sloppy footwork? Footwork can be taught, and with our new OC being QB friendly, do you think Pryor can improve his arm enough to become an eventual starter?

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:

Take a look at this vid. Yes, it is a highlight video, but im not trying to make him look good here. Its pretty obvious that he does indeed throw alot of rainbow footballs, and that will have to obviously improve. However if you look at the throws that were a rainbow, you can tell he never plants his foot correctly. He is either throwing on the run, throwing on his back foot, or doesnt have the right footwork in order to maximize his velocity. Do you guys think that the main problem with his lack of zip and power on his throws are the direct cause of his sloppy footwork? Footwork can be taught, and with our new OC being QB friendly, do you think Pryor can improve his arm enough to become an eventual starter?

If you put Pryor in the Pistol offense he'd be just as good as Kaepernick if he worked on his footwork

The real question is will your new OC try to make him a traditional drop back passer

Because that's now how you use Terrelle Pryor
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:

If you put Pryor in the Pistol offense he'd be just as good as Kaepernick if he worked on his footwork

Except for the fact that they are two separate and completely different players and you've never seen him in a Pistol offense, but yea it's pretty much a guarantee.

La_Vader wrote:
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

The real question is will your new OC try to make him a traditional drop back passer

lol Too funny. They're nothing alike aside from how they can run.
raiders707

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:

THATS REAL!,

well put this i think sums this Thread you can lock up it now boyz! lol no but yeah man well said. When he plants im sure he has zip that bomb to streater was well thrown the rainbow td to DHB well he let DHB make a play in the air to bring it down.. so far looks like a good investment for a 3rd round pick in the Sup draft..
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
BBIB wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

lol Too funny. They're nothing alike aside from how they can run.

+1

People need to cool it with the Pryor comparisons. So far on this forum I have heard him compared to Newton, Vick, and now Kaepernick. Not a single one of those guys are alike, so how can Pryor be like three different guys?

Saying Pryor is like Kaeperick because he can run is like saying Flacco is like Brees because they are pocket passers.

La_Vader wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 27 of 36

Jump to: