You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you be okay with Pryor going forward?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you like Oakland to do at QB next season?
Start Palmer, develop Pryor
56%
 56%  [ 37 ]
Start Pryor, Carson mentor
18%
 18%  [ 12 ]
Start Palmer, cut Pryor, get a new QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Start Pryor, draft QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 65

JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
the funny thing is no one is making excuses for tp but jtagg is still pissy about it Laughing

we could use the rain, first game gitters, dropped passes, knapps play calling etc etc.

i blame tp's mistakes for the loss just like a do cp sometimes and he is still pissy.

go figure.

It's not about you making excuses, it's about you failing to note his rainbows, lack off arm strength, and inaccuracy. Those are BIG problems and he will not succeed with his issues. It's just showing your bias. No one is pissy about anything either. You say so much off the wall stuff that you can't make me pissy with what you say. If I told you we were bringing in a QB with below average arm strength and accuracy issues, would you honestly say he's worth a shot? That's just silly if anyone says yes. If so, you'd say every single QB prospect in college would be worth a shot.

he could throw a knuckle ball with his ears for all i care. ill take 8-13 on third down and 3-3 in the redzone any day over a qb with perfect mechanics and below average 3rd down completion rate and horrible redzone #'s. It felt so weird seeing us being perfect in the redzone and imo thats gonna help us win games. if cp was 3-3 in the redzone trust me id love him to death. you said you want to win games? well you cant win games if you cant put up points, and not just fg's but tds esp in the redzone.

Lol whatever you say man. You take this one decent game and bank on it. I'll bank on the NFL being the NFL and use a much larger sample of his past and say that a QB who throws balls like he's throwing oops to Kobe, if he can even accurately get it there, won't succeed. Name me A QB who's arm strength sucked and was inaccurate and succeeded? Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
a QB who throws balls like he's throwing oops to Kobe

Now hold it right there. There is NO way in hell that Kobe would let someone else touch the ball. So your alley-oop to Kobe theory is bogus. Unless he's serving up some dinner.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Now hold it right there. There is NO way in hell that Kobe would let someone else touch the ball. So your alley-oop to Kobe theory is bogus. Unless he's serving up some dinner.

Bad analogy is bad Sad lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Your analogy was bad and you should feel bad.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
You take this one decent game and bank on it. I'll bank on the NFL being the NFL and use a much larger sample of his past and say that a QB who throws balls like he's throwing oops to Kobe, if he can even accurately get it there, won't succeed. Name me A QB who's arm strength sucked and was inaccurate and succeeded? Good luck.

This is what I'm saying. Defensive backs will lick their chops week in and week out if Pryor is a 16 game starter. He may have only been picked off once, but it was one game. Those types of throws are the ones defenses dream about and we wouldn't get off with only one pick on a regular basis. Not only that, but SD had what, 2 days to prep for Pryor? If he were named starter, teams would probably be able to gameplan for a QB who will run wild but also has throws that look like punts.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
You take this one decent game and bank on it. I'll bank on the NFL being the NFL and use a much larger sample of his past and say that a QB who throws balls like he's throwing oops to Kobe, if he can even accurately get it there, won't succeed. Name me A QB who's arm strength sucked and was inaccurate and succeeded? Good luck.

This is what I'm saying. Defensive backs will lick their chops week in and week out if Pryor is a 16 game starter. He may have only been picked off once, but it was one game. Those types of throws are the ones defenses dream about and we wouldn't get off with only one pick on a regular basis. Not only that, but SD had what, 2 days to prep for Pryor? If he were named starter, teams would probably be able to gameplan for a QB who will run wild but also has throws that look like punts.

and you guys dont think dbs lick their chops when they know they are facing cp? db's prolly send cp gift baskets every year. imo its hard to prep for tp's improvising. i dont think any defense fears cp or dmac anymore.

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Andrew luck scored 3 td's in only ONE of all the 16 games he started this year, and had a 54% accuracy rating, and everybody still thinks he is the second coming.

Second coming of who, Peyton Manning right? Because Luck was only 2% off of Manning's rookie year. Not only that but he had 600 more yards, a higher YPA, more total TDs, and 10 less picks than Manning did- and he did that without Marvin Harrison and Edgerrin James. Manning was also 3-13 and Luck was 11-5 as a rookie. So yeah, I'd say its reasonable to consider him the second coming at this point.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I have ever seen a third round pick create such a divide in a fan base. Its crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
I'm not sure I have ever seen a third round pick create such a divide in a fan base. Its crazy.

I don't think there's been a more discussed player than Pryor since JaMarcus Russell.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:

What divide. It's like 2 people over the top one way and 2 people over the top the other way. And everybody else is some where in the middle. I mean even me and you have had our arguments about pryor back n forth. But nothing like this.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:

What divide. It's like 2 people over the top one way and 2 people over the top the other way. And everybody else is some where in the middle. I mean even me and you have had our arguments about pryor back n forth. But nothing like this.

Yeah I guess you have a point there, I was just thinking about how long Pryor threads typically go. Its still crazy to me, and I've seen other Raider message boards that have similar discussions but like you said when you really break it down it is just a few people. Still though, you don't typically see many third round picks as talked about as TP.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More like one bent OSU fan that can't let it go. LOL!!! Laughing

He mentions OSU QB coaching. But its not like that school is a friggin QB factory. #boobooQBcoaching

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Raidin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only watched the first half so far. The big worry is that he looks exactly like he did in pre-season, his footwork is really poor and has not improved at all. He still lobs up ducks as well. Worrying that in 4months these things haven't changed at all. He's definitely worth #2 spot though, and he should be given more time in games on certain plays.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Your analogy was bad and you should feel bad.

Sad My most sincerest apologies Sad Sad Sad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

That's precisely it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 20 of 36

Jump to: