Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you be okay with Pryor going forward?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you like Oakland to do at QB next season?
Start Palmer, develop Pryor
56%
 56%  [ 37 ]
Start Pryor, Carson mentor
18%
 18%  [ 12 ]
Start Palmer, cut Pryor, get a new QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Start Pryor, draft QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 65

RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Would you be okay with Pryor going forward? Reply with quote

I am relatively impressed with his performance today. He has not had much help today (WR's with hands of stone), and DMAC hasnt gotten going. He has two TDs on the day and has showed some serious poise in the pocket along with his obvious scrambling abilities. Now my question is do you think Pryor has the potential to be our QBOTF, and would you be okay with him taking over from Carson within the next couple of seasons?

My stance is that I believe Carson should start next year. He has done a decent job for us to this point and I like him as our QB for another year. This depends on a potential paycut however. If he demands to much and does not take a paycut, I would honestly be fine with Pryor starting as QB week 1. Some may believe this is way to soon, and not enough evidence from only one game, but I think with the way he has played, he deserves another starting chance. He says he learns with more reps, so I would be okay with giving him reps with the 1s. With a full offseason, OTAS and training camp under his belt with serious reps, I think he could be our QBOTF.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did some nice things, but WAY inaccurate. Too many floating passes.

There is no way I'd trust his game for a 16 game season. He's too inaccurate, just who he is. Passes sprayed all over the place and missed time and time again. You can't teach accuracy and touch.

Raiders need a long term solution at QB. This isn't it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Pryor at quarterback we actually move the ball and score touchdowns.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start Palmer, develop Pryor. They seem to play off of each other well and honestly, I was impressed with Pryor today. He has to fix some of his problems if he ever starts. The rainbows worked today, but won't forever. Wouldn't be upset with taking a guy like Landry Jones either though.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
NCOUGHMAN

start tp cut cp build the o-line through the draft if tp still sucks go qb in 2014 draft

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
OakRaiders3828

Definitely did better than I thought but still needs A LOT of work, which is fine because he's technically a rookie. I'd still like to see another young QB brought in, but Pryor should have a chance to compete without a doubt. With that said, Palmer should be our starter heading into next season.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Start Palmer, develop Pryor. They seem to play off of each other well and honestly, I was impressed with Pryor today. He has to fix some of his problems if he ever starts. The rainbows worked today, but won't forever. Wouldn't be upset with taking a guy like Landry Jones either though.

Landry Jones is terrible, other than a strong arm what does he bring to the table?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start Palmer, develop Pryor. I want Pryor for the future

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W/ that noodle arm? No way. We need Palmer or another QB

PM sig requests.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One or two ways:

If they know that Pryor is not their man going in to next season, then let him compete for the back up job and develop behind Palmer if they choose to keep him.

If they want him to really compete to be the starter, then they need to let Palmer go and sign a decent vet, because Palmer will not want to back up Pryor and Pryor will look over his shoulder and his confidence would yield.

I think he earned a chance to stick around...he made some nice passes and missed a lot of passes. Palmer does miss a lot of passes too though, but is more accurate and confident in his throws it would be nice if they could work together and Palmer could help TP with his footwork and timing.

He extended plays and made things happen and extended drives with his feet. He also did a good job getting in and out of the huddle...One thing I noticed he needs to correct he stares down his target, doesn't look the D off enough...that will need work.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

This.

This game was a nice challenge for him. Bad weather vs a solid defense. His mechanics and touch still need work. He's gotten his feet wet literally and figuratively. As the backup he will get more focus and be even closer to Palmer with communication. I hope he spends the offseason with Palmer and Streater. I would say receivers but we can't really depend on them. The learning can really begin.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He showed more confidence than I thought he would and is a gamer....he wanted to win so badly and show he is a leader, no arguing that. He does float the ball often, too often...it was scary.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
W/ that noodle arm? No way. We need Palmer or another QB

Bro, the hate runs deep in your veins. I can feel it across the interwebs. Noodle arm is Matt Leinart.

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One game sample size, but overall, I was impressed with him for the most part. Here's what I gathered:

Pros:
- Very confident & poised. Showed good leadership throughout the game.
- Good job extending plays with his feet. Never tucked it in to run. Took his time finding open players before scrambling.
- Made good decisions on who & where he wanted to throw the ball other than the INT.

Cons:
- Still raw. You could see some mechanical issues with his footwork & throws.
- Floats the ball more than he should. Hard for a fan to know if he's capable of developing more zip on his throws.
- Had a few inaccurate throws, but his receivers also didn't catch a couple of catchable throws as well.

Overall, he did better than I expected him to. This was his first meaningful game in 2 years. That's a long time. His WR's could have bailed him out by catching some of the dropped balls as well.

Do I think he's the QBoTF? No. Not sold on that idea just yet. I think he has room to grow. How much? I don't know. I think he has a lot of work to do for sure.

I think right now, I'd bring him in next year just to compete with Palmer as the likely starter.
Rolni

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His performance was better then what I expected.

He made some nice throws, made good plays with his feet and overall was there mentally and has command.
He has to work really hard on his throws however. He needs to put much more zip on his balls. He can't go far with those rainbows that's for sure. If he can continue to develope and can put his footwork, throwing motion together and "make zip" he could be a good game manager QB with the dual threath, who could win with a strong D.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36

Jump to: