Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bergstrom started but Nix finishes???
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Bergstrom started but Nix finishes??? Reply with quote

I saw that Bergstrom started the game at RG but Nix was in for most of the game. Does anyone know if this was a coaches decision or if Bergstrom got injured? It seemed like a pretty quick hook to me.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I saw Bergstrom in at LG?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't know what the deal was. I saw both Bergstrom and Nix out there at RG at times. And I thought I saw Berg at LG too

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the staff was trying to get a good look at both of them. But its kinda late in the season for that. Especially when Pryor was back there running for his life at times.

early43

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like these two will be competing for the LG spot next year if Brisel ends up staying. I can't imagine Carlise will come back. Personally, I'd like to see a vet come in to play LG, and let these two get another year as depth guys.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
It looks like these two will be competing for the LG spot next year if Brisel ends up staying. I can't imagine Carlise will come back. Personally, I'd like to see a vet come in to play LG, and let these two get another year as depth guys.

Hopefully one of the two steps up so we dont have to go out and sign a vet, and can focus that money on the defensive side of the ball more.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
early43

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
early43 wrote:

Hopefully one of the two steps up so we dont have to go out and sign a vet, and can focus that money on the defensive side of the ball more.

That would be ideal but its wishful thinking to expect a 3rd RD draft pick or a UDFA to step into a starting role in their second season IMO. I'm think both are probably another year away from being able to push for a starter spot.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
early43 wrote:

That would be ideal but its wishful thinking to expect a 3rd RD draft pick or a UDFA to step into a starting role in their second season IMO. I'm think both are probably another year away from being able to push for a starter spot.

Miles Burris and Rod Streater say heyo. Wink

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
early43

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
early43 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
early43 wrote:

Miles Burris and Rod Streater say heyo. Wink

LOL very true
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish we could have not waited til the end of the season to see more from both of them. The run blocking wasn't too bad but the pass pro left something to be desired. With a full offseason aand preseason we sholc be able to find one guy to fill in at the RG spot. Hell, maybe one of them beats out Briesel. Who knows.

Bottom line, we need one of them to show something so we don't have to worry about filling yet another spot this offseason with someone from the outside.

Oaktown

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both roatated at rg. I thought they played petty good. I'll have a better idea once I watch all 22
Rolni

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of them played "lot".

Bergstrom will be in competition for the starting LG spot for sure and right now I think Nix could be in the competition for the RG spot. Would be sweet to get them in the starting line with good play...Parsons will be back IMO as C back up and he could also play OG too. Hurd could be back too for the LG rotation...

The big questionmark is the RT for me...
reddevil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Allen is pretty high on Nix

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2012/12/30/3820148/dennis-allen-assesses-oakland-raiders-first-time-starters
Rolni

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reddevil wrote:
Sounds like Allen is pretty high on Nix

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2012/12/30/3820148/dennis-allen-assesses-oakland-raiders-first-time-starters

And he should be IMO. Guy did a solid job.

Brisiel should be worried...

He has a 5.03M cap number if kept while he would only cause 2.72M dead money, so if a guy like Nix can play at his level ( which was not too high this season) he could be good to go...
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brisiel is a Knapp guy and he's been horrible. With Knapp and Pollack out I could see Brisiel on his way out too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: