Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DMAC paycut or c ya
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
bitty wrote:
Rolni wrote:
bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
Rolni wrote:
bitty wrote:
I'm not sure you get the NFL works.
D-Mac already got his signing bonus money for this year.
So if you give him a ultimatum of take a pay cut or get released.
He's going to get released, sign a contract with a new team and get paid twice for this year.
That goes with most people under their rookie contracts.

I get that man.

As you said he already got his bonus, but his salary is up in the air. He won't get anything close to 5M if he leaves and test the market, so he could be open for a solution like this...

I don't know a team like NE needs a RB like D-Mac.
He will touch the ball 15 - 20 times a game. Just the threat from him will make that offense unstoppable.

They have a running back who's just coming off a 1,200+ yard season and 12 TD's. They wouldn't waste any money or picks on McFadden.

Any RB will do good in that offense because the defense is always in the nickel or dime and New England passes out of a double TE formation. Forget about going against 8 men in the box Ridley goes against six.
D-Mac will dominate and that offense.

But why would they spend big money on a RB, when you said it right, that any RB will look there and be productive...

D-Mac is an home run every time he touches the ball receiving or running. When healthy D-Mac is rare RB. He's good to great at long runs, short yardage, blocking and receiving. Few RB can do that.
Ridley is just not in D-Mac league.

I got that, but why spending big bucks on a RB, when you have a HOF QB and solid running game already, while you need big help on D??

That depends if NE's offense gets manhandled in the playoffs again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: