Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans WC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Texans by a lot
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Texans by a little
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
Bengals by a little
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
Bengals by a lot
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 27

lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post Wildcard Game Thoughts:

MVP: The whole OL, they played masterfully especially against one of the top DL's in the NFL. Schaub never hit the ground and they opened holes and cut back lanes for Arian all game.

X-Factor: Arian Foster, he stepped his game up and carried the team to a victory. He made something out of nothing multiple times and def showed a burst that was sort of lacking during the regular season.

Positional Breakdown

QB - Schaub played an average game, but with a great running game it helped him look alot better. The pick was a horrible read and some of this throws like the one behind OD that he reached back and caught was a floater. C+

RB - Arian carried the team like mentioned above. Tate didn't do much, but he never really got carries during the regular season to find a groove. A+

WR - Solid distribution by Schaub. We don't play well when throwing to just Dre and we only went to him in a few key situations, and he dropped a big TD that may have been over-thrown but was still catch-able. Posey shouldn't of been flagged for OPI but oh well. B

TE - OD had a monster game, but dropped some catches we're used to him catching. It seems we go as OD goes, cause he moves the chains. Graham made a sick grab and held on through an illegal hit by Maleglua. Hopefully he's alright and didn't suffer another concussion, cause will need him next weekend. Casey made a nice snag out of the FB position after blowing up a LB on a play action fake, he's def an x-factor. A+

OL - An absolutely great game. Hopefully we can get in a groove and solve the Vince Wilfork situation next weekend. A+

DL - JJ dominated as usually, and when he was doubled Antonio and Mitchell made plays. A+

LB - Having Ruud in the starting lineup weakened our run D, and i'm surprised cincy didn't take advantage of that more especially after the couple big runs Green-Ellis gashed us for early. Barwin finally made some headway in his pass rush and almost had a strip sack. Brooks also played well and I like the rotation we had with Brooks and Mercilus. B+

CB - You don't stop Green, you only hope to contain him. Saying that JJoe played some dang good D on him. KJax was all over Marvin Jones and Harris made a couple nice plays and also wasnt flagged for PI for once!
A-

S - Glover is a monster and shut down Gresham, he's def showing we need to re-sign him this off-season. Manning was ok, almost gave up a TD to Green, because he doesn't know the meaning of being a safety. Idk if Demps was hurt, but I like what Keo did tonight, aside from the PI call in which he had great position, he just paniced. B+

ST - Allan Ball is a ST's baller, Graham was 4-4 for FG's, Jones punted well, and we contained their return units. The only flaw is the lack of a return game. B-

Coaching - Kub open his playbook a little and was a little more aggressive on 3rd downs. I think he was saving some for NE next week. No way you go for it around the 50, punt the ball and pin them deep. B-

Penalties were still a big problem, how are we offsides on a kickoff.....also block in the backs on returned when Martin is surrounded by defenders, who is there left to block???

A win is a win the playoffs, on to NE playing with house money, because no one expects us to win next weekend.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
I think Ax2 should handle the GDT for next weekend also!

Also I know it's still 8 days out, but the weather looks great for next sunday in Foxborough

I could do that if you don't care, I will make it tomorrow....

Great game, Schaub was late on his pass that got picked, but he played an ok game...a little inaccurate, especially the pass that sealed the game, but got Graham LIT UP.

Foster carried this team, like I said he would have to.....Good job

Our defense played lights out, JJO did ok on Green until late, but I think the safety help was the main problem, always late to help over the top.....good thing Dalton is terrible.

Special teams is still a joke

Gary is still terrible with red zone play calling
texandominance

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our special teams needs to be fixed but the OL played great, K-Jax played great and I liked what I saw from Schaub. He had that one throw, but give Hall some respect, he made a great play on the ball. Still should have thrown that sooner though.
texansfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a win is a win. I am not thrilled with our offense after this one, but there were glimmers of hope on defense. As others have said, red-zone remains a problem. When we go to New England we cannot settle for FGs, we need go finish some drives. The drop by Andre was a catch that needs to be made. That ball hit him kn thr fingers when he hadn't laid out for it. A TD there would have really killed the Bengals. Defensively we played well, but the Bengals are not a great offense so it is hard to judge.

But, the big thing is that we are moving on. I think we can beat New England if our offense shows up. We are likely in trouble, but anything can happen in the playoffs. If we aren't motivated to avenge our last loss then we deserve to lose.
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMAZING= Oline, Foster, and we only had to use our front four to get to Dalton for the first time in a while. Hopefully we can continue that.

I went to the game so I couldn't analyze everything I'd like to but I saw Keo out on the field way too much for my comfort level. Does anyone know if Demps is injured or whats that all about?

All in all here we come Paul Revere.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad we won, but we have to score TDs in the red zone next weekend. We also have to jump out to an early lead to have a shot.
BullsonParade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great win for us. Defense played outstanding although Joseph did get burned a few times by one of the best WRs in the game. Offense was concerning, were able to move the ball but not get 7 pts. I know Kubes has been playing conservative like this all season, but this time of possession and settling for 3 pts isn't going to work against the Patriots next game. Going to have to take chances on the road, there's just no other way.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
AMAZING= Oline, Foster, and we only had to use our front four to get to Dalton for the first time in a while. Hopefully we can continue that.

I went to the game so I couldn't analyze everything I'd like to but I saw Keo out on the field way too much for my comfort level. Does anyone know if Demps is injured or whats that all about?

IIRC they said they were disciplining Demps for his play (against Indy on TY) and that's why Keo was in the game
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

IIRC they said they were disciplining Demps for his play (against Indy on TY) and that's why Keo was in the game

They should discipline Keo next week for his play against the Bengals.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

That PI near the end was awful. But Demps sucks too, don't know who I would rather have in the game.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

That PI near the end was awful. But Demps sucks too, don't know who I would rather have in the game.

Eddie Pleasant? Please?
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

Eddie Pleasant? Please?

This week our secondary will be CRUCIAL, really from this point on our secondary will be the most important piece.....they better figure out what they are going to do....I will be making the GDT shortly
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd personally rather have Keo out there, he's more disciplined deep and gets the concept that he's a safety and needs to stay deep.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna hear the most uninspiring speech ever?

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Kubiak-locker-room-speech-after-win-vs-Bengals/8dc4c2af-6984-4706-bebf-96a5b8780719
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Wanna hear the most uninspiring speech ever?

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Kubiak-locker-room-speech-after-win-vs-Bengals/8dc4c2af-6984-4706-bebf-96a5b8780719

You have an agenda.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: