Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans WC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Texans by a lot
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Texans by a little
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
Bengals by a little
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
Bengals by a lot
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 27

mse326

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raz wrote:
mse326 wrote:
Marco79 wrote:
Schaub proved me nothing. He survived but we didn't win because of him and he is the reason the score was so close.

Great job defense and Foster.

He was the reason?

The INT was bad. But it was close because Kubiak's RZ play calling. We shouldn't have been settling for FG's and it was his play calls that did it.

Aside from the INT he played great.

Most say you can only blame playcalling when you lose a close game, but tell me what play's he shouldn't have or should have called?

The pass play from the 2 was stupid. We were running them over. Run the ball to the left get a touchdown.

There was the 3rd and 8 at the 14 that he called a play to go 5 yards to Walter. (This one looked called for Walter)

The 3rd and goal from the 11 again a play to Foster for 5 yards. (check down because no one was open. Something Kubiak has always failed at in the RZ. Getting guys open)

Schaub doesn't force it, that's a good thing. The playcalling not so much.

#JDI
Raz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:

The pass play from the 2 was stupid. We were running them over. Run the ball to the left get a touchdown.

There was the 3rd and 8 at the 14 that he called a play to go 5 yards to Walter. (This one looked called for Walter)

The 3rd and goal from the 11 again a play to Foster for 5 yards. (check down because no one was open. Something Kubiak has always failed at in the RZ. Getting guys open)

I'll give you the first, because we were running well but Andre could have caught the ball.. very close

2nd Walter was spotted bad and also it was close, about yard shy at most

You can't blame the 3rd one on Kubs, because, yes Schaub doesn't take risks and checks down like a game maneger should.. we have limits you know

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raz wrote:
mse326 wrote:

I'll give you the first, because we were running well but Andre could have caught the ball.. very close

2nd Walter was spotted bad and also it was close, about yard shy at most

You can't blame the 3rd one on Kubs, because, yes Schaub doesn't take risks and checks down like a game maneger should.. we have limits you know

What gets me most is he rarely goes to Andre down there (I know this game doesn't totally illustrate that). But every other top WR seems to get open down there far more often. Unless Andre magically sucks in the RZ the play calling isn't getting it done. Never throw him fades despite hight. Never slants despite size and strength. Never throw back shoulder. It's like he's a decoy.

Walter was close to getting the first but it was a route 3 or 4 yards shy. Walter is never going to make that up in the RZ.

The last 1 maybe, but too often no one is open in the endzone and we have to check down. That play is just part of the endemic.

#JDI
Raz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:

What gets me most is he rarely goes to Andre down there (I know this game doesn't totally illustrate that). But every other top WR seems to get open down there far more often. Unless Andre magically sucks in the RZ the play calling isn't getting it done. Never throw him fades despite hight. Never slants despite size and strength. Never throw back shoulder. It's like he's a decoy.

Walter was close to getting the first but it was a route 3 or 4 yards shy. Walter is never going to make that up in the RZ.

The last 1 maybe, but too often no one is open in the endzone and we have to check down. That play is just part of the endemic.

I think it's more Schaub the Andre, and thats why Foster is our only RZ threat.Usually the pass TD in the RZ are almost checkdowns.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good win. I hate u guys... Laughing

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
mse326

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raz wrote:
mse326 wrote:

I think it's more Schaub the Andre, and thats why Foster is our only RZ threat.Usually the pass TD in the RZ are almost checkdowns.

I don't buy that. If Kubiak wanted the ball to go to Andre it would go to Andre. There are plenty of routes to do that.

#JDI
jargin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a close game. Arian Foster was an absolute beast. We really gave him the football throughout the course of the game and rode him to victory on offense. The defense stepped up and played a great game. Quin was solid on Gresham, Joseph looked good on Green. We didn't get the pass rush that we were hoping for the whole game but Dalton was pretty bad. There was a point in the game where the Bengals were like 0/8 on third downs.

Onto New England. Should be a tough game, I don't think they will want to lose twice to the Pats. I am glad we pulled the win out today. The season lives on.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
Raz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:

I don't buy that. If Kubiak wanted the ball to go to Andre it would go to Andre. There are plenty of routes to do that.

Yeah, maybe but i think there has to be a reason for lack of Andre's passing TD's other then a professional HC doesn't want to call it.That's a question that Kubs should be ask'd though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

Hopefully we see yall again next year, it's always nice to get a win Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good win guys, I think you beat us better than the scoreboard showed.

Hope you pack your lunch for the trip up to NE, and JJ Watt gets to throw Brady around like a rag doll.......

Best of luck the rest of the way......
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the win, boys. Good luck next week in N'England.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ax2 should handle the GDT for next weekend also!

Also I know it's still 8 days out, but the weather looks great for next sunday in Foxborough

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Hopefully we see yall again next year, it's always nice to get a win Wink

Good luck next week. Hope we see you again next year with a new offense...
Raz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching Aaron Rodgers play and buy time instead of checking down, he keeps looking and usually finds someone for big gain.
Imaging if we had him, we would be unstoppable.
No disrespect Schaub.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raz wrote:
Watching Aaron Rodgers play and buy time instead of checking down, he keeps looking and usually finds someone for big gain.
Imaging if we had him, we would be unstoppable.
No disrespect Schaub.

To bad we took the unstoppable Travis Johnson in 05...... Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: