Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans WC
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Texans by a lot
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Texans by a little
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
Bengals by a little
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
Bengals by a lot
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 27

amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans WC Reply with quote

Vs.

Last year's playoff game does not count, don't even talk about it.

Texans being offensive
The last few weeks, Houston has struggled mightily on offense. We have 3 touchdowns in the last 18 quarters (minus TJ Yates garbage TD in New England). Thats right folks, 3 touchdowns offensively in 18 quarters of football. That stat shows how poor we have played the last 4 games. This team rides and dies by how our offense plays. If we continue to struggle we will not beat the Bengals and will lose in the wild card round.

Keys to the game
1. The first thing we need to do is establish the run. We have clearly established that without the run game we're terrible on offense. We CANNOT GET INTO a shootout with Cincinnati because we do not have the offensive power to keep up. We need to feed Arian and Ben and force the Bengals to scoot up, then abusing them via the PA. We must quit forcing the ball to the right, because we are trash running that way. The RG position is in shambles and we get no breathing room that way. Gary has to let his ego go and avoid running that way.

2. Our defense MUST get pressure. Our secondary has proven all year long that it cannot hang with any passing team unless pressure is applied regularly. In order to do this, we must get a lead and punish their run game. If we force them to be one dimensional, the game is in our favor. Connor Barwin, Brooks Reed and Whitney Mercilus MUST show up because JJ Watt and Antonio Smith cannot continue to be the only ones getting pressure. Wade will need to come up with a few deadly plays that cause pressure from someone else (Manning, Quin or Jackson). This is a very important task that will decide the outcome for our defense. #bullsonparade

3. Its time to regain our swagger. We have been playing timid and way too conservative on BOTH sides of the ball. I am tired of seeing a lethargic team take the field. We must get our swagger back and play Texas style ball. Somewhere along the line we lost our identity and our players and coaches have not been able to find it. This is squarely on Gary Kubiak to instill confidence and mojo back within the players. The fire needs to be lit and its on our coach to hand the lighter to our on field captains to light the torch. He better figure how to do that very quickly.

This team has been struggling with success and have been faltering under the immense pressure. Well its time for them to step up and prove they belong or fold up and admit they are pretenders. As a fan we bicker about players and about coaching decisions, but at the end of the day we come together for one thing, A Texans Victory. The talent on this team is good enough to win a championship and if they can get their crap together they will be VERY hard to beat. Even on the road this team is dangerous. It all starts with preparation and knowing they are a great team. I hope Gary can prove to all of us he is the man for the job by getting them ready and having them play a great game. This Bengals team is no joke and their offense will be VERY hard to contain, not to mention their defense is explosive and very technically sound. This game will be tougher than last season and I hope our team gets focused and puts their emotions on the table and come away with a victory. The fact they fumbled away HFA will either break this team or will make them come together. This time next week, we will know what kind of team, coach and owner we have.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While how you enter the playoffs kinda matters, the playoffs are a whole new season and everyone starts fresh.

We havnt been great or even good lately, but a little piece of me deep deep deep down inside has me thinking there's no way Kub is this bad and that his prior playoff experience with Denver has made him more conservative and he has been holding back all season knowing the bigger picture.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So excited to have a rematch vs you guys! Hopefully it will be a better game this time around!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
So excited to have a rematch vs you guys! Hopefully it will be a better game this time around!

I hope not Twisted Evil
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest matchup comes down to the trenches.

The Bengals DL of Dunlap, Johnson and Adtkins vs our shaky OL
and
Our front 7 vs their shaky OL

Also Kub said he's very concerned with the injuries to Sharpton and Dobbins in todays game. That means James and ruud might start next week :/
CAS22

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I can watch anymore of this ILB play, regardless of who is in there. It is downright pathetic.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We officially play the Bengals Saturday at 3:30 on NBC.

Bengals are going to be looking for revenge. Hopefully our team realize this. (This is where Kubiak reminds our players of this to get them focused.) Rolling Eyes

We HAVE to contain AJ Green. That's a must.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't care. We deserve to lose. These guys should be embarrassed, because they're embarrassing to watch.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is it that our CBs play their spot and we never put like Joseph on Green for a whole game

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
I don't think I can watch anymore of this ILB play, regardless of who is in there. It is downright pathetic.

Trying to out suck us at ILB? Maualuga might have something to say about that... Laughing

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
norg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wonder if it will be has loud has last year i dont think it will IMO the texans have broken some of there fans heart

I for one will still support but im at the point were im like just show me something
BullsonParade

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Bengals winning by a slight margin. Hope it's a good game. Prove me wrong Texans.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scary thought is that it's Matt schaubs first playoff start, hopefully TJ will give him some pointers Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is a blessing for us. We haven't been good of late and this game will allow us to get back on track. If we would have gotten the bye, I would almost guarantee we would come out flat against New England or Baltimore. This game will allow us to fix what needs to be fixed (remember last year) get back going the right way and head into New England with some momentum.

We still have the quality of players to beat anyone in this league. We need to come out with a good game plan, and win. Early points will be a key to build confidence.
AkVerse47

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to watch and hope we win, but it's hard to have faith right now in this team especially with Schaub at QB

^^ props to mike23md for the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: