Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 JETS OFFSEASON THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
I would love to get Alan Branch, he could play either NT or DT for us and is a very good run stopper. And good size too (6'6 330 I think). And he is still pretty young for a DT/NT at 28. He would be a player I wouldn't mind splurging on. 6 yr 40 million dollar deal would be good.
wut

Now that I'm looking at it/other DT money that might be a bit much (6 yr 30 million would be pretty accurate) but Branch is a stud DT and has been for a couple of years now. Him getting borderline top 10 money isn't that bad of a deal and he is a guy you wanna lock up long term. He is still youngish for a DT (probably has 4-5 more good years left). He is a great run stuffer who can stop the line and take up blockers.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

green24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
I would love to get Alan Branch, he could play either NT or DT for us and is a very good run stopper. And good size too (6'6 330 I think). And he is still pretty young for a DT/NT at 28. He would be a player I wouldn't mind splurging on. 6 yr 40 million dollar deal would be good.
wut

Now that I'm looking at it/other DT money that might be a bit much (6 yr 30 million would be pretty accurate) but Branch is a stud DT and has been for a couple of years now. Him getting borderline top 10 money isn't that bad of a deal and he is a guy you wanna lock up long term. He is still youngish for a DT (probably has 4-5 more good years left). He is a great run stuffer who can stop the line and take up blockers.

Branch is not that good. I think he would be a good addition, but he is not worth $30M or a guaranteed starting spot. Looking at the Seahawks forum, they think he is someone that can be upgraded from.
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
wut

Branch is not that good. I think he would be a good addition, but he is not worth $30M or a guaranteed starting spot. Looking at the Seahawks forum, they think he is someone that can be upgraded from.

That's cause he doesn't do the flashy things (get sacks) and as a NT you really don't need to get sacks. He is great at clogging lanes and disrupting the runner which is exactly what we need in our NT.

And he is better than Desmond Bryant who just got a 34 million dollar deal for 5 years.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

green24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
wut

That's cause he doesn't do the flashy things (get sacks) and as a NT you really don't need to get sacks. He is great at clogging lanes and disrupting the runner which is exactly what we need in our NT.

And he is better than Desmond Bryant who just got a 34 million dollar deal for 5 years.

That Bryant deal is a joke. I think the max I would give to Branch is something like $10 million over 3 years.
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
wut

That Bryant deal is a joke. I think the max I would give to Branch is something like $10 million over 3 years.

Is that really the market for Branch? The big reason the Hawks aren't pushing for him is they need pass rushers (which they have acquired) and have Brandon Mebane under contract for several more years. And TBH, there really isn't much that separates Mebane and Branch

I don't.

rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of picking up Branch (For the right price). I can see idzik bringing him in.

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammie Hill was the guy I wanted but I think he signed with the Titans.

Aubrayo Franklin have anything left?

- Cliff Burton
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Sims is still available; wonder what kind of contract he'd warrant.

*Edit* Sorry, Sims is gone.

- Cliff Burton
jetskid007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a big fan of Alan Branch and I think his arrow is pointing up since joining the Seahawks. I think he could be a very good starter for this team. That said, I'm thinking of a contract more around the 3 years, $10 million that green24 proposed... we offered DeVito a contract to stay, but reports say it was substantially less. Can't imagine giving Branch more then what DeVito received
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind getting star in the first at nine and Olb at 13 if we trade revis.
Or olb at nine and start at 13.
Imarobot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
Wouldn't mind getting star in the first at nine and Olb at 13 if we trade revis.

So where is Star going to play with Wilkerson, Coples, and Ellis already on the team?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
jimbo1904 wrote:

So where is Star going to play with Wilkerson, Coples, and Ellis already on the team?
Thank you. We don't need a NT with pick 9. Even if we did, Star certainly is not one.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF we end up getting the 13 pick out of TB and thats a big IF, i would rather use one of those on some sort of offensive player. Our D is going to be at least decent, our offense is a disaster.
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
jimbo1904 wrote:

Thank you. We don't need a NT with pick 9. Even if we did, Star certainly is not one.

If Ellis is so good why did we scramble at resigning devito? He hasn't played great ball yet. Plus we lost Paoua, Ellis can't handle starting and not rotating. If we draft BPA, i easily could see Star if our high rated olb's are off the board.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
jimbo1904 wrote:

If Ellis is so good why did we scramble at resigning devito? He hasn't played great ball yet. Plus we lost Paoua, Ellis can't handle starting and not rotating. If we draft BPA, i easily could see Star if our high rated olb's are off the board.

Scramble to resign DeVito? We reportedly didn't offer him anything near what Kansas City offered him. Even if we did, giving a FA $4M per year is a bit different than spending a top 10 pick on a player.

Again, Star Lotulelei is NOT a NT. He is a DE in a 3-4 defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: