Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 JETS OFFSEASON THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JetsFan15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
I think Ellis looked good last year before he got hurt. He was moving really well for a guy his size and power. If he can stay healthy i have no problem with him starting. We will need to get some serious depth tho somewhere.

There will be a lot of bargain guys come early next week ....
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NT isn't the place to experiment when your base is a 3 man front. They need someone who is reliable and strong against the run on 1st and 2nd down. They don't have to bring in a stud, just a solid vet who can get the job done.
It's too important a position to guess at .

- Cliff Burton
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
NT isn't the place to experiment when your base is a 3 man front. They need someone who is reliable and strong against the run on 1st and 2nd down. They don't have to bring in a stud, just a solid vet who can get the job done.

I love Ellis' potential and I think Harrison can be a solid guy. If not I'm sure a vet can be had for cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Raoul Duke wrote:

I love Ellis' potential and I think Harrison can be a solid guy. If not I'm sure a vet can be had for cheap.

All they need is a 2 down player who can be rotational so you're probably right they can find someone. But I'd be more comfortable if they didn't lose their 2 best run defenders on the line. I expect big things out of Wilk, but even great players in a 3-4 become average when the NT can't effectively 2-gap.

- Cliff Burton
green24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
green24 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:
green24 wrote:
I am much more confident in Ellis than I am in several of our other current starters. I think he can at the very least give us more production than Pouha did this past season.

What makes you so confident in Ellis? Just curious, not judging you Wink

I think he can work out. He hasn't been that bad in the preseason and limited action and he was expected to be this raw when we drafted him. I trust him more than I trust anyone we have under contract at OLB, S, or OG.

Fair enough point.

I feel like the major difference between our opinions here is that you'd like to draft close to need, whereas I just want the best player. ESPECIALLY since it seems possible Rex isn't going to make it another season and we could see a new scheme next year.

My strategy is to always have young talent at every position that you think can be long-term answers. Once there is enough young starting talent or future starting talent at each major position, then I am an advocate of BPA.
richie jets

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any one know what the cap number is , after tone and cro restructure
green24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie jets wrote:
Any one know what the cap number is , after tone and cro restructure

Somewhere around $16 million under.
richie jets

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if they go into the season under the cap does that carry over into next season. its funny a month ago I wanted them to let everyone go and not sign any big names and rebuild but now that free agency started and its happening I'm freaking out.

Last edited by richie jets on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
green24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie jets wrote:
Also if they go into the season under the cap does that carry over into next season.

Yes. We will need to set some money aside for midseason moves.
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith just finished his pro day. Hit 66 of 68 throws. This definitely wont hurt his stock.
I don't see him getting past Eagles, Arizona, and Buffalo.... IF he does, is he worth our #9 knowing we need sooo much help?
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
Geno Smith just finished his pro day. Hit 66 of 68 throws. This definitely wont hurt his stock.
I don't see him getting past Eagles, Arizona, and Buffalo.... IF he does, is he worth our #9 knowing we need sooo much help?

If he does drop to us. I don't think he will as I think AZ is all over that but if he did I think we have to take a long hard look at taking him.

Still think he's gone and we go with Ansah or trade back.

Props to Mack on the sig
richie jets

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
They better find a solid 2 gapping NT in free agency or the line is going to suffer. You cant run a 3-4 base without a good playewr at that position and I haven't see anything so far that would lead me to believe that Ellis is ready to be that guy.
they should sign alan branch or gabe watson if hes available
green24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie jets wrote:
Raoul Duke wrote:
They better find a solid 2 gapping NT in free agency or the line is going to suffer. You cant run a 3-4 base without a good playewr at that position and I haven't see anything so far that would lead me to believe that Ellis is ready to be that guy.
they should sign alan branch or gabe watson if hes available
Watson hasn't played in an NFL game since 2010.
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to get Alan Branch, he could play either NT or DT for us and is a very good run stopper. And good size too (6'6 330 I think). And he is still pretty young for a DT/NT at 28. He would be a player I wouldn't mind splurging on. 6 yr 40 million dollar deal would be good.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

green24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
I would love to get Alan Branch, he could play either NT or DT for us and is a very good run stopper. And good size too (6'6 330 I think). And he is still pretty young for a DT/NT at 28. He would be a player I wouldn't mind splurging on. 6 yr 40 million dollar deal would be good.
wut

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: