Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 JETS OFFSEASON THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollTide99 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Quote:
@Steiny31
In fact, one former #Jet told me, "I expect @FlightPhase to be the starting RB next year." #nyj

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Damarcus Ganaway?

That was my thought as well!


JOHN GRIFFIN

No. We think Ganaway is the former Jet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RollTide99


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 506
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
RollTide99 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Quote:
@Steiny31
In fact, one former #Jet told me, "I expect @FlightPhase to be the starting RB next year." #nyj

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Damarcus Ganaway?

That was my thought as well!


JOHN GRIFFIN

No. We think Ganaway is the former Jet.

Ooooooooo......probably was ganaway
_________________
[Img/]http://imageshack.us/a/img822/4925/mrxc.png[\img]

JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7283
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively complete. Can't be finalized til league year begins 3/12

_________________

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 4234
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively complete. Can't be finalized til league year begins 3/12
As long as it's not to the Jets, that's fine with me. My gut feeling is that it's the browns or the chiefs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19871
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollTide99 wrote:
green24 wrote:
RollTide99 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Quote:
@Steiny31
In fact, one former #Jet told me, "I expect @FlightPhase to be the starting RB next year." #nyj

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Damarcus Ganaway?

That was my thought as well!


JOHN GRIFFIN

No. We think Ganaway is the former Jet.

Ooooooooo......probably was ganaway

Griffin was probably the former Jet that said that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32645
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively complete. Can't be finalized til league year begins 3/12


Chiefs for 3rd round pick.

I read earlier Jets won't be able to afford Landry and are targeting Glover Quin.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively complete. Can't be finalized til league year begins 3/12


Chiefs for 3rd round pick.

I read earlier Jets won't be able to afford Landry and are targeting Glover Quin.

Tony Pauline was reporting that, I believe.

I think the Jets likely add a safety in round 2 or 3. Phillip Thomas or T.J. McDonald seem likely with the hire of Tim McDonald as DB coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JMG


Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 3147
Location: Columbia
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively complete. Can't be finalized til league year begins 3/12


Chiefs for 3rd round pick.

I read earlier Jets won't be able to afford Landry and are targeting Glover Quin.

I really like Glover Quin. Really good player and has been under-appreciated around the NFL.
_________________

[]_[] Family
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 4234
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was them, i'd consider bringing back Yeremiah on a one-year deal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19871
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schefty reporting the Jets are going to try to restructure Holmes contract. Scheduled to make $11.5M with $7.5M guaranteed.

I think you'll see most of that non-guaranteed money get prorated over the remainder of his contract, of which he won't see a dime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7283
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Schefty reporting the Jets are going to try to restructure Holmes contract. Scheduled to make $11.5M with $7.5M guaranteed.

I think you'll see most of that non-guaranteed money get prorated over the remainder of his contract, of which he won't see a dime.


I'll feel so much better if we were able to breakdown his contract. Make it easier to trade him or cut him if he doesn't step up & shut up next season.
_________________

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32645
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively complete. Can't be finalized til league year begins 3/12


Chiefs for 3rd round pick.

I read earlier Jets won't be able to afford Landry and are targeting Glover Quin.

Tony Pauline was reporting that, I believe.

I think the Jets likely add a safety in round 2 or 3. Phillip Thomas or T.J. McDonald seem likely with the hire of Tim McDonald as DB coach.


TJ sucks and we cannot afford a Safety in the 2nd round. Safety in the 4th the earliest.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively complete. Can't be finalized til league year begins 3/12


Chiefs for 3rd round pick.

I read earlier Jets won't be able to afford Landry and are targeting Glover Quin.

Tony Pauline was reporting that, I believe.

I think the Jets likely add a safety in round 2 or 3. Phillip Thomas or T.J. McDonald seem likely with the hire of Tim McDonald as DB coach.


TJ sucks and we cannot afford a Safety in the 2nd round. Safety in the 4th the earliest.

I agree. I don't like TJ, but I am scared that we might take him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7283
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Steiny31
I've learned #Jets have signed former Raiders WR Thomas Mayo.

_________________

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7283
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@BrianCoz
According to http://overthecap.com , the Jets are $8.1 million under the salary cap with the new cap figure. #nyj

_________________

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 9 of 19

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group