Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andy Reid Fired Thread(Hired as KC HC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerElite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Reid will fail in Arizona unless he came create a new plan. The same plan that he stole from Holmgren/Walsh doesn't work anymore. It was innovative for the late 80's and dominant throughout the 90's but it gets people fired every year nowadays.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:

Together again Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Did Kolb ever leave Reid?

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
as11osu wrote:
I really like Lovie with that Eagles roster and even better if they grabbed Te'o at #4.

I actually think that'd be pretty great. He'd get the most out of guys like DeMeco and Cox and B-Rex

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Removed ^

I made newer one . Im not gonna lie hateful things about philly :/
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
If Andy can get Horton to stay on he's got himself in a nice position, although I don't see him going RB in round 2, partly because he's got Ryan Willams and Benie Wells who are both under 25 (Wells was a 1000 yard rusher last year as well), and the worst OL in football. They are going to go OL early and often. If after improving the OL they don't look good then they will draft a runner next year. Plus its not like Andy runs the football.

It wouldn't shock me if they made a push to get Joeckel.

I dont think he does keep Horton. Andy will want to bring in his guys through his connections. Horton him self has a bigger vision for the game just being a defensive coordinator. I think when he held Brady to 18 points, he was like "i can do this with the best of them" .. rightfully so. But i think his goal of being the first ever player to win a Super Bowl in the three fazes of the team - assistant coach and head coach is what is going to drive him for more Arrow

Quote:
All of the speculation started when, on Sunday, Horton's defense managed to hold Patriots star quarterback Tom Brady and their powerful offense to just 18 points. By taking the nose tackle out of the game and putting in an extra defensive back, blitzing Brady at proper times and playing in the proper coverage schemes, the Cardinals were able to pull out a surprise win. Horton's defensive play-calling and the way he has taught his unit to execute have been masterful.

In February, Horton told Darren Urban of the Cardinals official team site that he wants to win a Super Bowl in all phases of the game. He won one as a player and as an assistant coach. Now, he wants to win one as a coordinator and perhaps, one day, as the head coach of an NFL team. He would become the first person to ever do that.

http://arizona.sbnation.com/2012/9/18/3351042/cardinals-defensive-coordinator-ray-horton-is-off-to-a-hot-start-but

====================================

On Andy and RB's ... Cant both Williams and Wells catch pretty well too? There will be a lot of smaller speedy soft handed/receiving running backs in the mid rounds-late rounds of this draft. Andy could look for his Westy clone there somewhere. Specially considering the success of a Bryce Brown.

HAHAHA DUDE ANDY AND ROSEMAN WORK A DRAFT DAY TRADE FOR ANDY TO GET JOECKEL AND US TRADING BACK!?

YES!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Kiltman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dash make a daily blog....screw football just talk about life

You are killin it with that Worf/Anti-Hitler Stache

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it
PowerElite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid would fail drafting for a 3-4 hybrid team. He loves undersized short armed players with explosive builds. That only works in 4-3 defenses. Horton will see his success destroyed unless he can do a Jim Johnson and coach around having inferior talent brought in.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Andy Reid will fail in Arizona unless he came create a new plan. The same plan that he stole from Holmgren/Walsh doesn't work anymore. It was innovative for the late 80's and dominant throughout the 90's but it gets people fired every year nowadays.

Lets see who he brings with him... Probably not Marty.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus Andy will be the leading candidate wherever he interviews.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only chance Andy has is if he hired an innovative WCO guy or decides to become a true head coach and not even install a west coast offense. I see neither happening. Childress or maybe even Steve Mariucci will probably be his guy.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
The only chance Andy has is if he hired an innovative WCO guy or decides to become a true head coach and not even install a west coast offense. I see neither happening. Childress or maybe even Steve Mariucci will probably be his guy.

rumor is pat shurmur at oc.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Phire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, he does have Fitzgerald now.
Scary if they get a QB...

RainbowCarebear wrote:
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought wells is a FA

AR will most likely go OL, he'll have Juan back as his OL coach

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
PowerElite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

I'm leaning towards that being a failure unless we are talking about just being the sort of team that simply makes the playoffs. Shurmur is a pure product of the "Reid plan."
Phire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

I'm leaning towards that being a failure unless we are talking about just being the sort of team that simply makes the playoffs. Shurmur is a pure product of the "Reid plan."

As long as Reid wants to retain control of the offense he will always have Reid-guys calling plays with him.

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 21 of 33

Jump to: