You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andy Reid Fired Thread(Hired as KC HC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkb77

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
Thanks for everything Andy. You were the most successful goal in the team history. But the Eagles needed to change and it seemed like he lost the team.

I won't be dancing just now... I have to see who's hired. People think everything gets resolve when Andy is fired.

Good point,look around the NFL you can do a lot worse than Andy Reid. But I hope we make the right choice and get the right coach for this team and this roster's skill set.
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Someone should make an Andy Reid appreciation thread, or at least a big post. Although it didn't end well, he gave us a lot of memories and for some of us younger guys, like me, he's all we've known. As much as I hate ya, I love ya Big Red!!

He never won a super bowl there is nothing to appreciate.

You're a bad fan.

He hates everything.
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:
Thanks for everything Andy. You were the most successful goal in the team history. But the Eagles needed to change and it seemed like he lost the team.

I won't be dancing just now... I have to see who's hired. People think everything gets resolve when Andy is fired.

Good point,look around the NFL you can do a lot worse than Andy Reid. But I hope we make the right choice and get the right coach for this team and this roster's skill set.

This is the point the national media misses - just because you can do a lot worse, doesn't mean you can't do better...
LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:

Our team was an abysmal joke this year, not much anyone could do to make it worse

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter
bkb77

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:
bkb77 wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:

Our team was an abysmal joke this year, not much anyone could do to make it worse

Look I didn't want him back, but let's not act as if he was the worst coach of all time, he took a down in the dumps nothing franchise in 99 and turn us into a Super Bowl contending team in a short period of time and for a long time.
The man is a good coach but he wore out his welcome here and clearly lost the locker room, alot of which was his own doing by cutting key veterans(Dawk,Q,Sheldon,etc) and bringing in guys who came here just for Money and didn't care about winning aswell as bringing in Jim Washburn which ultimately cost him his job.

Last edited by bkb77 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like Andy.
Best wishes as you move on.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I still like Andy.
Best wishes as you move on.

I feel the same way. He's a good guy. I like him. I became a fan in 1999 so the only Eagles coach I've ever known in Andy Reid.

It's going to be different. And I'm sad he never won a Superbowl here. But I'm also very excited for the new era.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Someone should make an Andy Reid appreciation thread, or at least a big post. Although it didn't end well, he gave us a lot of memories and for some of us younger guys, like me, he's all we've known. As much as I hate ya, I love ya Big Red!!

He never won a super bowl there is nothing to appreciate.

You're a bad fan.

Every head coach has 1 job in the NFL every year. That is to win a superbowl. Andy Reid failed to do so 14 straight years. Why should we appreciate failure?
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of guys deserving of a better legacy never were able to leave a permanent mark here. There were so many Eagles and coaches who deserved a Super Bowl ring but just couldn't put it all together.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that coach Andy Reid was informed during a Friday meeting with Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie that he'd be fired after the season finale against the New York Giants, according to two sources. The Eagles are expected to formally announce Reid's firing Monday.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
Look I didn't want him back, but let's not act as if he was the worst coach of all time, he took a down in the dumps nothing franchise in 99 and turn us into a Super Bowl contending team in a short period of time and for a long time.
The man is a good coach but he wore out his welcome here and clearly lost the locker room, alot of which was his own doing by cutting key veterans(Dawk,Q,Sheldon,etc) and bringing in guys who came here just for Money and didn't care about winning aswell as bringing in Jim Washburn which ultimately cost him his job.

Right. I wrote a long-ish post about my respect for Andy a few weeks ago.

But we couldn't do much worse than 2012 Andy Reid. He's not 2003 Andy Reid.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter
Phire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:
bkb77 wrote:

Right. I wrote a long-ish post about my respect for Andy a few weeks ago.

But we couldn't do much worse than 2012 Andy Reid. He's not 2003 Andy Reid.

More than just Andy, it's the 2012 Eagles not just 2012 Andy.
Just ran out of steam.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other thing that helped Andy was how terrible the NFC was for the first part of his tenure....especially the NFC East.

You still have to win the games but it helped a lot

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy | 2015 Steegles Baldy | The Reigning ENBD Champion
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Lots of guys deserving of a better legacy never were able to leave a permanent mark here. There were so many Eagles and coaches who deserved a Super Bowl ring but just couldn't put it all together.

If he had deserved it he would have gotten one. His flaws were a big part as of why we never won it all.

He was a very good coach who could make a team competitive for a very long time. Which is something very hard to do, but also Jim Johnson and he weak NFC masked his deficiencies for a very long time.

I wish him the best. But this move was overdue

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhiCelek87 wrote:
He hates everything.

Nah, check the sig.

Kiltman on the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 3 of 33

Jump to: