Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles fire long-time HC Andy Reid
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
How is Reid at playcalling? Would he make a good OC? What schemes does he prefer to run?

No way he would take a OC job, got way to high a star in the NFL. But he likes to pass a lot.

Thanks for the good memories, but it was time.

Good luck Andy!

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
How is Reid at playcalling? Would he make a good OC? What schemes does he prefer to run?

He's competent offensively but he refuses to run the ball, and gets detached from reality a lot.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody is going to hire him quickly and keep him away from personnel decisions.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

He's competent offensively but he refuses to run the ball, and gets detached from reality a lot.

this sums it up... from Westbrook to McCoy no matter how great his RB is he just spaces them in the game planning/play calling for periods of time and blindly throw the ball even when its not working. He can be most frustrating. Poor in-game coach who can never make competitive adjustments mid game.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:

For years he got by due to elite OL play. Say what you will, but Tra Thomas, Jermaine Mayberry, Hank Fraley, and Jon Runyan formed a very good core group, and when Shawn Andrews was there that unit was dominant.

His unwillingness to run the football was his main playcalling demise, but his poor pass playcalling was in focus a ton this season (calling a ton of deep routes with a poor OL a QB made of spit and tissue paper, and receivers who can't beat a jam was a recipie for disaster and got his QB killed. His unwillingness to adjust was terrible as well, as is his poor clock management. He actually did it with McNabb as well, and you saw McNabb after taking a big amount of hits become injury prone quickly.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Runs a variation of the west coast.

But like others have said, he will have no problems finding a head coaching gig. He will be on the top of owners/gm's lists. I'd say it's pretty much a guarantee Marty Mornhinweg accompanies him wherever he goes as the offensive coordinator.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Victor Cruz Pun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:

The Airraid.

thebestever6 wrote:
I mean Shaun Hill not a bad backup, but the fact that they didnt touch Garapollo or Carr in the second blows my mom.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we hire him as OC and let him take over when BB leaves?

It was time for a change in Phily, but this guy is still easily one of footballs best head coaches.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
x0x

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true what has been said, nobody will touch Landry's record.

Bill Cowher's mark of 15 seasons as Head Coach will be the modern day record.....for 2 more seasons....
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to Buffalo Mr. Reid !!

If Gailey isn't fired by 8:00 pm EST tomorrow the Bills forum is gonna be chaotic
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Come to Buffalo Mr. Reid !!

If Gailey isn't fired by 8:00 pm EST tomorrow the Bills forum is gonna be chaotic

Living in Rochester, I would like that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems as though coaches that have these long stints with the same team simply grow to be complacent. Perhaps I'm only pulling this due to the relative success Jeff Fisher has had this season, but sometimes you need a new ball of clay that you can mold to your liking and a fire under your bottom to inspire you to perform at your best.

I definitely think Andy will have success elsewhere, but there is no question that this is the right move for the Philadelphia franchise. It will be interesting to see who they plan on filling these big shoes. Seattle settled for Jim Mora Jr when Holmgren left, and that was a 1 year disaster. I hope they find someone with a true vision.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
It seems as though coaches that have these long stints with the same team simply grow to be complacent. Perhaps I'm only pulling this due to the relative success Jeff Fisher has had this season, but sometimes you need a new ball of clay that you can mold to your liking and a fire under your bottom to inspire you to perform at your best.

I definitely think Andy will have success elsewhere, but there is no question that this is the right move for the Philadelphia franchise. It will be interesting to see who they plan on filling these big shoes. Seattle settled for Jim Mora Jr when Holmgren left, and that was a 1 year disaster. I hope they find someone with a true vision.

That's the thing that worries me the most - we need to have a plan for the next couple of years, it doesn't take a team long to turn around it's fortunes.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

That's the thing that worries me the most - we need to have a plan for the next couple of years, it doesn't take a team long to turn around it's fortunes.

Certainly not, especially considering the pieces you already have in place. Things are either going to get a lot better or a lot worse for Philly.
Blahman88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Seems like yesterday every forum Eagles fans were buzzing with their Jedi Reid sigs and "Putting on a clinic" avatars right at the beginning of Dream Team. How fast they have fallen. Just goes to show you can't count your eggs before they hatch.

Sarcasm is lost on you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: