Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2013 New Orleans Saints Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
Better be a 4th.

@Steiny31 wrote:
Drew Brees told http://NOLA.com Chris Ivory has been traded to the #Jets. But he said he's "not entirely sure" about that. #StayTuned

Why? If he's gonna ride the pine while cutting into the cap at over $2,000,000 I'd just as soon trade him for a 5th.

You guys are acting like he's actually used here in New Orleans. There aren't many 4th string RBs that are worth a 5th round pick, we should be happy we can get a 5th for a guy who won't see the field anyways.

Remember when he almost got cut last preseason? Yeah, we're lucking to be getting ANYTHING for him.

He is a 1st/2nd stringer on any other roster in the league other than the Bills, and is well worth a 4th round pick. Of course the Jets have the leverage, with our lack of picks, salary cap, and our stacked backfield, but he IS worth a 4th, especially considering this draft.

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan:
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
Better be a 4th.

@Steiny31 wrote:
Drew Brees told http://NOLA.com Chris Ivory has been traded to the #Jets. But he said he's "not entirely sure" about that. #StayTuned

Why? If he's gonna ride the pine while cutting into the cap at over $2,000,000 I'd just as soon trade him for a 5th.

You guys are acting like he's actually used here in New Orleans. There aren't many 4th string RBs that are worth a 5th round pick, we should be happy we can get a 5th for a guy who won't see the field anyways.

Remember when he almost got cut last preseason? Yeah, we're lucking to be getting ANYTHING for him.

He is a 1st/2nd stringer on any other roster in the league other than the Bills, and is well worth a 4th round pick. Of course the Jets have the leverage, with our lack of picks, salary cap, and our stacked backfield, but he IS worth a 4th, especially considering this draft.

Never suggested he wasn't worth a 4th.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks -
Corey White -
Porter22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Mayock has us picking Mingo at 15 with JJ, Vaccaro and Star still available. If that happens or we pick a offensive player tonight, I might go crazy...,

QB Drew Brees -

DB Patrick Robinson -
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
Mike Mayock has us picking Mingo at 15 with JJ, Vaccaro and Star still available. If that happens or we pick a offensive player tonight, I might go crazy...,

Ew....

Edit: Unless we take an OT. Then I'd be fine with it, assuming he was worth the pick we gave up.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks -
Corey White -
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Ryan interviewed on WWL New Orleans...

Said the Saints have really good pass rushers that no one knows about... YET!

Said the only person that can keep Victor Butler off the quarterback is him! Laughing

Mentioned WIll Smith as a outside linebacker!!!

Said the team feels good at the NT position with Bunk and Hicks.

What I got out of interview...

Either he's sending a smokescreen to make teams believe they aren't in the market for a OLB or he's shooting from the hip and we will likely be targeting a starting DE to play oppsite Jordan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:

Said the only person that can keep Victor Butler off the quarterback is him! Laughing

Either he's sending a smokescreen to make teams believe they aren't in the market for a OLB or he's shooting from the hip and we will likely be targeting a starting DE to play oppsite Jordan.

So they have Hicks and Bunkley at NT, and SMith as OLB.. who the [removed] is playing DE with Jordan? Tom Johnson? Ew. Strictly depth. Please welcome Star Louteleili to New Orleans!

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan:
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

So they have Hicks and Bunkley at NT, and SMith as OLB.. who the [removed] is playing DE with Jordan? Tom Johnson? Ew. Strictly depth. Please welcome Star Louteleili to New Orleans!

Can't use language like that, even if you censor part of it out.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks -
Corey White -
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Im hoping Sheldon Richardson falls to us if this is the case and Hicks is at NT and Smith at OLB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Porter22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If Tank Carradine's name is not called tonight, many won't be surprised. There is concern about his knee, more so than has been reported.

Might be a smokescreen that we like him? Especially with the comments about players taking of our board due to injury concerns?

5 Minutes remaining, very excited right now. Many players I'd like to get, but many possible picks I won't like. Could become one of the most exciting drafts of all time!

QB Drew Brees -

DB Patrick Robinson -
Porter22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd, Star and Richardson all still available. Same goes for JJ, Vaccaro and Milliner. We'll get a great defensive player, might not be a pass rusher (if it's not JJ), but finally we're getting a difference maker on D!

Edit:

My 2000th post! Laughing
Raves

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
Floyd, Star and Richardson all still available. Same goes for JJ, Vaccaro and Milliner. We'll get a great defensive player, might not be a pass rusher (if it's not JJ), but finally we're getting a difference maker on D!

Edit:

My 2000th post! Laughing

We all know I love Hankins, but if they really think Hicks is going to be at NT... I kind of hope we make a trade up to draft Floyd... can you imagine Jordan/Hicks/Floyd on the DL...

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
saintsfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Porter22 wrote:

Edit:

My 2000th post! Laughing

We all know I love Hankins, but if they really think Hicks is going to be at NT... I kind of hope we make a trade up to draft Floyd... can you imagine Jordan/Hicks/Floyd on the DL...
We would definitely have to trade up or else Carolina will scoop him up right before us.

Adopt-A-Saint 2014
WR Kenny Stills 0 cat 0 yds 0 TD
S Rafael Bush 0 tak 0 INT 0 PD 0 FF
Porter22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything we don't know about Floyd? Mocked to the Raiders at #3 and still available at 11??? Man I love this draft, wouldn't mind trading up now! Maybe trade up to the Jets at 13 if Star/Floyd are still available? #15 and Ivory for #13?
Raves

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
Anything we don't know about Floyd? Mocked to the Raiders at #3 and still available at 11??? Man I love this draft, wouldn't mind trading up now! Maybe trade up to the Jets at 13 if Star/Floyd are still available? #15 and Ivory for #13?

Oakland made the trade back, the other teams in the top 10 needed offensive lineman, traded back to a team that was wanting an explosive playmaker on the offensive side, and the other team needed CB help after trading the best CB in the NFL to one of our rivals... that's why Floyd is still there...

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad the 4-3 DTs/3-4 DEs are falling! No to a trade up! One of the 3 elite ones will be there. One will go to Carolina, another one will go to oakland, and we will get the other one.

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 37 of 39

Jump to: