Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2013 New Orleans Saints Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krewebrees

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
krewebrees wrote:
Raves wrote:
then draft Bacarri Rambo in the 3rd and look to move on from both safeties as early as this year if not the following.

Why do I keep hearing that we need to get a FS. I agree Jenkins is not ideal, to put it nicely, but the guy I want the starting job to go to is already on the team.

Isa Abdul-Quddus

Let him play Ryan.

Everywhere I see, people have IAQ as a SS not a FS. Now why not have both as I don't see Rafael Bush as a starter in the NFL and I feel both IAQ and Rambo could start at either position.

I think playing IAQ at SS is a mistake. He has FS written all over him. He is great in coverage. Look at the last two game this year when he actually started. If he had better hands turnover city. He's one of the fastest guys on the team. Yeah he can hit, but free safeties need to be able to hit too. I'm not sure how well he could play in the box, which I'm expecting a lot out of Ryan's safeties. I actually think that if given the chance to start and if he can get some hands, he could be the best player in the secondary next year, if not the defense all together.

Now if we can find a SS I have no problem with that. I don't know too much about Rambo (their linebackers always had my attention). If you think he could play SS than I wouldn't mind that, but if we're going after a SS Elam is my guy.

Adopt a Saint 2013
Malcolm Jenkins: 71 tckl, 3 PDef, 2 int, 2 ff, 2.5 sck
Raves

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rambo is a lot like Elam but a little worse in run support but better in coverage from what I've seen/read. Both are prone to the shoulder check tackles at times though Elam finishes them more often while Rambo is a better cover guy getting inyerceptios and deflections.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Porter22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A player the saints are keeping a close eye on...Kevin minter. They like how he worked out today. Went hard at everything he did

Could be an option if we trade down or he falls for some reason and we trade up!
Very good player, could form a very good duo with Lofton. Still hoping for some pass rush/safety help early in the draft though. ILB is arguably the position with most depth on our defense right now!
Injured Reserve: WR Joe Morgan
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Rambo is a lot like Elam but a little worse in run support but better in coverage from what I've seen/read. Both are prone to the shoulder check tackles at times though Elam finishes them more often while Rambo is a better cover guy getting inyerceptios and deflections.

One thing I want on this defense is length!

Nnamdi (if signed) and Lewis would be a great step forward at the corner position in that dept. At safety, I love the length and ball skills of Quddus at FS. I think he has the range needed to play the position and at 6'2" 215lbs he's clearly got the size. At SS, I like Eric Reid and TJ McDonald. Both have great size and physicality combined with above average coverage ability and range.

At OLB, Players like Ansah, Jordan and Mingo would be ideal with a guy like Michail Buchanan as a mid round steal. I really like Ogletree on the inside and Hunt and Gholston along the defensive front.

I just feel on defense in Ryans scheme we need to focus on length, athletic ability and potential in this draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we just take BPA defensively at #15. There isn't a defensive position that we don't have room for improvement.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
Quote:
A player the saints are keeping a close eye on...Kevin minter. They like how he worked out today. Went hard at everything he did

Could be an option if we trade down or he falls for some reason and we trade up!
Very good player, could form a very good duo with Lofton. Still hoping for some pass rush/safety help early in the draft though. ILB is arguably the position with most depth on our defense right now!

I dunno DL is pretty deep right now, granted some of the players won't be there for long. But we also only have one true 3-4 ILB in Lofton, Vilma had mixed results and the other two I'm not sure how they will transition. Pass rusher we have 2 already for sure in Galette and Wilson, it really just depends on how much they like where they are outside of depth. Maybe trade back with a team like Minnesota for their original 1st and 2nd round picks:

1st-Kevin Minter, ILB LSU
2nd-Jamie Collins, OLB Southern Mississippi
3rd-Brandon Williams, NT Missouri Southern
4th-Marquess Wilson, WR Washington State
5th-Reid Fragel, OT Ohio State
6th-Sean Renfree, QB Duke
7th-Cooper Taylor, SS Richmond

Gives depth and possible production immediately along with some developmental players that could possible provide immediate results.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
I think we just take BPA defensively at #15. There isn't a defensive position that we don't have room for improvement.

Man, TD...

Could LSU's Eric Reid work his way up to the 15th pick?

Reid has a lot of qualities that the Saints coaching staff covets. He's long, powerful, has good instincts, above average range and a very high character guy with NFL bloodlines. With his combination of size and speed (4.5 fastest of the safety's) he's rumored to be pushing Vaccaro for the top safety spot.

A local kid and team leader, Reid would likely be a strong safety in the NFL and could replace Harper as soon as this season in the starting line up.

I know some think Reid isn't worth that high of a pick but he's really moving up the board right now and each team covets different types of qualities in a prospect and Reid seems to fit what the Saints like.

krewebrees

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question: Who moved Tez to DE last year?

Spags or Payton

The answer to this should tell everyone where Tez is playing. If it was Payton's idea. I have truly believe that he will be playing OLB this year.
If it was Spags I see 3 senarios:
1. Payton thinks Spags is an idiot a moves him back to ILB
2. Payton loves what Spags did and put him at OLB
3. Payton isn't sold, but likes the versatility and moves him around to both spots

If it was Payton's idea I could defiantly see us going ILB in round 1. Minter is my favorite and Ogeltree is my 2nd. If it was Spags we're still not sure, but one guy I think we can't go wrong with is Jarvis Jones. I think like Tez he could play both. I'm hopeing that bad 40 times will drop him to 15.

Adopt a Saint 2013
Malcolm Jenkins: 71 tckl, 3 PDef, 2 int, 2 ff, 2.5 sck
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard Reid was a 2nd round prospect...

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krewebrees wrote:

Spags or Payton

The answer to this should tell everyone where Tez is playing. If it was Payton's idea. I have truly believe that he will be playing OLB this year.
3. Payton isn't sold, but likes the versatility and moves him around to both spots

If it was Payton's idea I could defiantly see us going ILB in round 1. Minter is my favorite and Ogeltree is my 2nd. If it was Spags we're still not sure, but one guy I think we can't go wrong with is Jarvis Jones. I think like Tez he could play both. I'm hopeing that bad 40 times will drop him to 15.

I think Joe Vitt had a pretty big say in the matter. Payton was already suspended by the time that decision was made. He may have said something before, but I think it was more Vitt. If it was Spags idea, we probably would've seen him on the field more.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krewebrees wrote:

Spags or Payton

I think it was Payton's idea as well as Spags. Also prior to being moved to DE, Tez was playing SLB with a lot of blitzing and coverage asked of him. I think the ability to play both ILB and OLB makes him a very attractive to Payton as it lets us not have to reach on a player and go with best available. Such as my suggest mock above, that gives us an ILB, OLB, and NT in the first 3 rounds giving us a front 7 of:

DE-Cam Jordan/Tom Johnson
NT-Brandon Williams/Broderick Bunkley
DE-Akiem Hicks/Will Smith
OLB-Junior Gallette/Jonathan Vilma?
ILB-Curtis Lofton/Chamberlain
ILB-Kevin Minter/Hawthorne
OLB-Martez Wilson/Jamie Collins

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like many others have said before, I think Martez is much too stiff to play OLB. He needs to be an ILB.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Hicks will play NT and Wilson will play WILB (after the coaching staff sees he cannot play SOLB in training camp). I think that 3-tech and SOLB will be the pick in round one. Star, Richardson, Short, Floyd, D. Jones, J. Jones, D. Jordan, and Collins are all huge possibilities at 15.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Last I heard Reid was a 2nd round prospect...

All depends on which media outlet you tend to agree with... Reid by all accounts was always considered a late 1st early 2nd round prospect but after a stellar showing at both the Combine and pro day he's proven to be a physical specimen at the position with top end speed. The rumors are starting to surface that he "could" challenge Vaccaro as the top safety off the board.

When I compare Vaccaro to Reid on tape, I'd take Reid all day over the Texas product and that's before I even factor in his high character and NFL bloodlines (2 things the Saints coaching staff values).

I also feel Jonathan Cypiren is a great prospect but Reids leadership, intangables, length and physical ability really intrigues me!

THe fact is that all these prospects have good and bad tape from college but of all the safety's ive looked at... Reid has the least amount of bad tape and is clearly a leader on the football field.

Porter22

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nice pickup in New Orleans: Saints plan to sign Cowboys LB Victor Butler.

Quote:
And so Saints DC Rob Ryan gets one if his former Cowboys LBs, Victor Butler, to help teach his D.

Quote:

Can confirm LB Victor Butler has agreed to terms with the #Saints.

Quote:
Victor Butler has agreed to a 2 year deal with Saints per league source.

Injured Reserve: WR Joe Morgan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 29 of 39

Jump to: